• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

July 12th Hugo [hugubuga] in North Jersey for window fix - forming group

Group PM send to everyone with instructions

Shinebox
Blacktop99
AcuraNSXPilot
KingKongNSX
White98sh
Dayta

- - - Updated - - -

And..... The Garden state parkway and Palisades get you close enough - so choose those roads.

From 80 take GSP north [ not 17 or 4]

-- if coming from South just avoid Washington Avenue in Teaneck and Bergenfield [ about 5 miles away ] some GPS might take you that way - but the roads are no good.

From the North, Take Palisades to Alpine.

I will be there to see Bailey and Simon again. My car is too fast, I keep my windows shut. Charles, I can help out with door panels or go get some sushi or pizza for everyone.
-Rich

Last edited:
Hey Rich, you can do a practice run in the NY one on the 11th! This way you'll be a pro serving pizza and sushi! :tongue:

Frankie

I will be there to see Bailey and Simon again. My car is too fast, I keep my windows shut. Charles, I can help out with door panels or go get some sushi or pizza for everyone.
-Rich

-Rich

Rich!!! what's up buddy. Looking forward to seeing you.

Can someone text or PM me the address as this might be the only NJ meet this year. :tongue:

Great seeing everyone today and Thank you Charles for hosting and feeding us. It was quite a day but alot of cars got done and it was a great improvement and fix Thanks Huga

Nice meeting you guys! Thanks Charles for the kind hospitality. Special thanks to Warren and his brisket and Josh for teaching us all.

1e5c1c08c1f28465dca10bce5514d791.jpg

bf7a4e94a3fa6280d751e5462a49e92d.jpg

29ee687f6a18a1387791090899dda85b.jpg

62cf6716bb4601484c1631d2276213a4.jpg

I am glad I was able to take part in the biggest NJ NSX meet of 2015, 8 NSX's. :smile: Big thanks to Charles for going out of his way to make everyone feel right at home at his home. Brisket and beans were great! So great catching up with old and new owners alike. I am pretty sure Simon said he would organize the next meet so lets see if he comes through...

Last edited:
A big thanks to Charles for organizing everything and Hugo for burning through a bunch of repairs. Amazing how many cars were done yesterday.
It was great to meet all of you. So many amazing cars, but Aaron just made MCB my new favorite color. Man does that color just hit me the right way. Good to meet all of you and happy to take the trip out to NJ any time you guys want to do an event again. Only regret was forgetting to take a ton a pics. And Charles, thank Warren for me. The brisket was truly outstanding....

So we ended up doing 7 cars in about 6 hours. It was like a chain reaction - Hugo taught me how to get the regulator out at 9 am- then I showed Josh, then Josh showed the next arrivals - then Hugo taught me how to put it back in - then I helped Josh and he taught others. By 1 PM I'd say all seven cars were apart. Everyone helped everyone- and so on. Drew had the tough day because of an upgraded stereo system in the door.

Special thanks to Warren [neighbor] - that was the best brisket I've ever had. I asked him the basics of how he did it: Home made dry rub on brisket night before. Let it sit for 2 hours. Then into oven at 500 for 12 minutes. Reduce to 250 for a few hours and bathe the brisket with some concoction which included apple cider. Then wrap in it foil and cook overnight at about 220. We served it up on toasted oversize Thomas English Muffins with lettuce, a side of Warren's home made beans and Dr. Browns Cherry Soda with Vinegar and Sea Salt chips.
Great day - Oh yes, Passline first showed up with his 05 Silver - then came back later in his mint S2000 - thanks everyone and thanks Hugo too.

Last edited:
The sheet metal on roof is to keep squirrels from jumping on apple tree. I tried to explain that to Hugo - His reply: There are no squirrels in Portugal.

_DSC0112.jpg_DSC0117.jpg

And the master himself

_DSC0113.jpg_DSC0115.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you guys has a lot of fun. I have a question for those that hosted this install event. I will probably be hosing one of the install days in Hawaii. Are there any special details you guys did? Like did you arrange to Pick Hugo up at his Hotel and drive him back, or did he have a rental car? Did you guys do a pot luck for lunch/dinner? Just trying to get some idea of what to expect and what to prepare for. Also, besides the basic tools are there any special tools needed to make the install easier? I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Chris

Hugo was totally self sufficient because he was travelling between events here. He was headed to Maryland the next day and Florida after that with his own rental. However, flying to the islands might be a different story. I made tools available like screw drivers [ with tape on them to avoid marring surfaces ], 2 screw guns and we ended up needing three floating 10mm sockets/ratchets with extensions - but several folks already knew the drill and brought chairs - tools - water.

We also used up some black self stick velcro [fuzzy side] -- it works well to fix the plastic tabs that invariably break on the door panels and speaker system. If the door tab is broken, cut a strip of velcro, start 1 inch back on the inside, bring it out past the break, fold it in on itself and it makes a good fix [ then drill hole through velcro with small drill bit because the screws have a hard time getting through 2 layers]. Gorilla tape was a big hit too. Hugo was well equipped, He had his own tools. The goop that holds the plastic sheathing to the doors works well to hold nuts in socket when attaching regulator to window.

And a plastic cup for everyone to keep all screws and nuts together

Last edited:
Glad the day went well and worked out for everyone!

Still pissed I missed this meet/fix, but I just had a stereo system installed (with sound deadening material in the doors), so I would have just added to the headaches. Next time for sure...

It was a fun day and nice to see many old friends and make some new ones. Thanks Charlie for hosting this event. A great success!

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great holiday and got what they wanted! Has anyone heard from Hugo recently?? I messaged him beginning of this month and he gave me instructions on ordering the window fix parts that he offers and I sent payment to the email he gave me but no word yet and no response after a couple of follow up messages. Seems most of you have had good luck so I do trust him. Hope all is well and with him and I know sometimes we get caught up in life but even if I cant get the parts maybe a return? Thanks to anybody with some help! And Happy Holidays!

I missed the boat with this tour. My car was still in the shop getting painted , my windows was perfectly aligned before and now it is off. Larry has been so busy so he doesn't even have a eta of when he can see me yet. Anyone know where I can get my windows adjusted? I have the new updated window regulator guides and retainers from sos on hand. Thanks.

Back