• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just a small introduction (Current S2000 owner, moving up to an NSX next year)

Greetings all, my name is Charles. Thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm on a few other automotive forums under various screennames (Honda-tech, s2ki, etc) but I've been a lurker on Prime for the better part of four years. Seems I'm fated to drive Hondas, as I previously drove a 418whp Civic Si which I ultimately outgrew and I currently drive an '02 S2000. My search for an NSX has not quite worked out completely well but the S2000 keeps my quite happy. That, and it took my forever to track down all of the OEM options. Nonetheless, I'm hoping to get into an NSX within the next year or less, although it may pain me to sell my S2000. I see it as my "grown up car" even though I'm 30 and in college. Chalk that up to almost 12 years in the Marines. Either way, I'm sure I will enjoy this forum and hope to learn, talk and hopefully meet/go on drives with many owners. The S2000 community is relatively friendly, although with the car getting cheaper and the horrid trends abounding......it's becoming less so. Currently, I'm in the midst of (hopefully) moving to Texas for an IT security analyst position so I'm hoping the car community is as welcoming

Off hand, I almost bought the GPW currently on sale on eBay but decided against it due to the overall condition of the car. Just because, I'm going to post my S2000 just before the lip went into be repainted. Road construction in NC is rough sometimes. But feel free to peruse my Flickr account, many of the pictures are from when I spent a few years traveling the world (Europe, Asia, etc).

Untitled by Gears=Six, on Flickr

Yes, this is my first post. :)

Welcome aboard! nice looking S2K... My opinion, in addition to searching ebay and prime. Frequently search www.searchtempest.com to find all the craigslist cars in the country. If you find a car within your budget that is appealing to you..look the vin up on the Prime Wiki or post the vin in this forum and ask primers for any info relative to the Vin. BEst of luck!

Welcome aboard! nice looking S2K... My opinion, in addition to searching ebay and prime. Frequently search www.searchtempest.com to find all the craigslist cars in the country. If you find a car within your budget that is appealing to you..look the vin up on the Prime Wiki or post the vin in this forum and ask primers for any info relative to the Vin. BEst of luck!

Very nice S2000. Good luck with your NSX search, and also with the new career opportunity. Look forward to seeing you in the NSX family soon.

Thanks for the welcome! And the compliments. Bit of a search, but I've always loved the classic lines of a stock bodied S2000. I bought it without any serious records, and started my own immediately. Just had to replace the VTEC oil switch a few days ago, actually. I had no idea about searchtempest, that will definitely come in handy. I have been on the normal autotrader, cars, nsxtrader, etc. But I'm sure this will be a great community for me to be a part of!

Prime is a close community. If you find a car that is of serious interest to you. Don't hesitate to reach out to local primers that reside within the sellers region to personally inspect the car visually. Most have no problem if travel distance is within reason. I will gladly assist if you find one in the mid - southern Ohio area. Good luck !

Congrats and good luck...I'm on my third NSX in the last 11 years and every search has been long and extensive... Be patient, the right one will find you...good thing you passed on the GPW on eBay ..that thing is trashed and it's autocheck score was way too low.

Prime is a close community. If you find a car that is of serious interest to you. Don't hesitate to reach out to local primers that reside within the sellers region to personally inspect the car visually. Most have no problem if travel distance is within reason. I will gladly assist if you find one in the mid - southern Ohio area. Good luck !

Thank you! Quite a few S2000 owners I've known for some time are on here in the Carolinas region.

Congrats and good luck...I'm on my third NSX in the last 11 years and every search has been long and extensive... Be patient, the right one will find you...good thing you passed on the GPW on eBay ..that thing is trashed and it's autocheck score was way too low.

I'm a patient man. Although the seller seemed genuine, that car was trashed. After receiving the remainder of the pictures via email, I decided against it. If you're on the Prime FB, I attached some pictures to my original post to show why. I'm willing to modify my budget to suit the right car, for sure. :) My only real requirements are black, white, blue or silver (in that order) and a manual transmission. Mileage, condition, price, all that good jazz is in there as well, of course.

Last edited:
Thank you! Quite a few S2000 owners I've known for some time are on here in the Carolinas region.

I'm a patient man. Although the seller seemed genuine, that car was trashed. After receiving the remainder of the pictures via email, I decided against it. If you're on the Prime FB, I attached some pictures to my original post to show why. I'm willing to modify my budget to suit the right car, for sure. :) My only real requirements are black, white, blue or silver (in that order) and a manual transmission. Mileage, condition, price, all that good jazz is in there as well, of course.

Although color is very important, as I was pretty much the same (black white silver or nothing) don't let it be the end all as today's wrapping technology is amazing and affordable...you can pretty much do any color you want, plus more choices that paint can't even offer ...my berlina black is being wrapped right now, so I can do the white type R look I have been lusting after lately...if a clean red one comes along at the right price, hop on it.

Although color is very important, as I was pretty much the same (black white silver or nothing) don't let it be the end all as today's wrapping technology is amazing and affordable...you can pretty much do any color you want, plus more choices that paint can't even offer ...my berlina black is being wrapped right now, so I can do the white type R look I have been lusting after lately...if a clean red one comes along at the right price, hop on it.

For sure. A local friend has a red one that looks fantastic. Honestly, coming from a black car;swore I'd never go back to maintaining the paint. OEM Berlina is beautiful, the OEM hardtop on my S is Berlina. Lurking this forum has red growing on me.

Back