• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just brought home my new 05 NSX

I was shopping Porsche, having owned them in the past when I drove by my local Acura dealer who had a Long Beach Blue Pearl 05 sitting out front. I figure what the heck, lets talk and see what we can do, plus need to drive one just to know what it is like. We took a good long drive and this car, though not over powered in anyway, has everything I could ask for in a daily driver exotic (Balanced to a T). I am in love with this car and hope she continues to grow on me.

I keep going out to the garage to just to admire it. I can hardly wait until tomorrow morning. For a 15 year old design, this thing really looks as modern as anything out there. Acura really penned this design right. it is so exclusive that they made so few of them, that I never see them on the road and I live in Chicago. Plus you gotta know what it is to know what it is. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and feel great to own one of these very special cars.......Steve

Pics.....Better to come when time permits

RightF.JPG

LeftF.JPG

LeftS.JPG

RightS.JPG

Rump.JPG

Gerble.JPG

Last edited:
For once I can be the first to say welcome to our OBSESSION. Enjoy her. We like pictures too so we can share in your joy. :smile:

Congrats on a wonderful choice!

You WILL love it.

And you can very easily put a supercharger in it and you should run alongside 996TTs. Problem solved!

Post pics!

Congrats...I love that color combo. Keep checking the Midwest Region for events,drives etc.

johnny010 said:
Enjoy tomorrow morning. You might need an Ambien to sleep tonight :rolleyes:

JM

I actually needed a little sedative just to keep my unbelievable excitement down for the few hours they were prepping the car. Now that it is home, I feel fine, but this is one of the most exciting purchases I can remember. I will look to sign up with the local NSX group. I look forward to having fun with others who share this love of cars. Pics will be posted tomorrow when the sun comes up........Thanks all........Steve

Last edited:
congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum!!! Have fun but be safe out there with your car tomorrow.

Shkrmvr said:
Congratulations and welcome Steve.....would love to see it in person sometime.

Do we have a local group that gets together???? That is one thing I miss about having a Porsche, it was a very good community of folks when I lived in NY.

Mirroredshades said:
Welcome aboard!!! And if you are in need of a road trip, we have events down here in NC all through April.

cheers2.gif

May have to take you up on that. My sister lives out that way. Wife does not think the trunk is big enough to travel, but I will show her where there is a will there is a way......Steve

I just picked up my 05 NSX from McGrath Acura in Westmont last Friday and was wondering where you picked up yours? I drove home to San Diego and had probably the best driving experience of my life! Enjoy your new toy.
I was a local exotic car dealers grand opening yesterday and many people there didn't know what kind of car the NSX was. Everyone commented on how beautiful that color was. (Imola Orange Pearl) There was a brand new 430 Spyder next to it and most were looking at the 15 year old design!

George Grigoriev said:
I just picked up my 05 NSX from McGrath Acura in Westmont last Friday and was wondering where you picked up yours? I drove home to San Diego and had probably the best driving experience of my life! Enjoy your new toy.
I was a local exotic car dealers grand opening yesterday and many people there didn't know what kind of car the NSX was. Everyone commented on how beautiful that color was. (Imola Orange Pearl) There was a brand new 430 Spyder next to it and most were looking at the 15 year old design!

I got mine from Continental Acura in Naperville, IL. I agree with the interest in this car, not too many folks see them. Not that Ferraris are very common either but I will say that Acura penned a classic from day one and the lines will look just as fresh 15 years from now as they did 15 years ago. Congrats on your new purchase and great color, have not seen one of those in person.......Drive safe and stay under the radar.....Steve

Last edited:
Welcome!

I traded my 2001 S2000 for a 2002 Silver Stone with 25k miles on it two weeks ago.

Check out my post in Second Generation NSX. This car excites the on lookers like no other.

johnny010 said:
* bump
waiting on pictures
Thought I had a place to host them, but I did not. So I just signed up for my own domain to host stuff on and am just waiting for email confirming setup. Then there will be some pics, but not too exciting I need to make time to take some really nice arts fartsy ones.......Steve

Pics Are Up

Bump for pics......Thanks all.....I spent most of the day driving all around town. This car is just fantastic.......Steve

supra2nv said:
it's not an addiction, it's a curse. Beautiful car by the way, and hope to join you guys again soon.

Is there an immutable law of nature that says once you have kids the sports car must go until the kids go off to college. I don't know if that is your case but I talk to so many people that have them until they have kids and then once the kids are tucked away in college then they go off and buy all the stuff that they wanted for the last 18-22 years.......Steve :biggrin:

PS My Wife and I are DINKS. So I am designated kid therefore I get most of the new toys. But I do let her play with them once in a while;->

DINK, I like that. Haven't heard it used in a while.

Love the pictures. Awesome purchase.

Sorry if I missed this, but what city/state do you reside in?

johnny010 said:
DINK, I like that. Haven't heard it used in a while.

Love the pictures. Awesome purchase.

Sorry if I missed this, but what city/state do you reside in?

Naperville, IL - 30 miles west of Chicago

George Grigoriev said:
I just picked up my 05 NSX from McGrath Acura in Westmont last Friday

I too got my red 2005 Acura NSX from McGrath Acura in Aug. 2005. I worked with Kevin McGrath and Zack Munoz and Tom Cook. Kevin told me he was getting an Imola Orange NSX to replace his black NSX. I guess George was able to get it instead! I thought about driving my NSX back to CA but instead had it shipped in an enclosed trailer. Great drive George!

PS McGrath Acura has the largest Acura service bay in the country with 30+ lifts!

Congrats on your 05 Red NSX! I live off the 15, in Rancho Bernardo. If you're ever coming down to San Diego, please let me know. I have 2 neighbors with NSXs, 1 95 Red and 1 98 Yellow. That's neat that you bought yours at the same place that I did. It was a real adventure to fly out there, see my new toy in the delivery room and drive it home! Have you done anything to your car yet? When did you change your oil for the first time?
Take care.
George
619 203 0918 (cell)

Back