• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just curious if there would be any interest in this

I'm not a vendor or anything, but I am curious how many people, or if anyone would be interested in a Liberty Walk inspired body kit?

The Jonsible renderings have caught my eye. I have to admit that I didn't like it at first, but it has kind of grown me.

rocket_bunny_nsx_by_jonsibal-d6rs8h3.jpg

tumblr_mv8s12d0oE1qhwjjao1_500.jpg

The styling is VERY aggressive, so I doubt it would create much of a following, but was curious none the less. Once the Madonna Kit is done, I'm seriously thinking about diving into something like this.

I doubt this would be popular among nsx owners considering you have to completely chop and destroy all your fenders to achieve the wide wheel stance. I've seen this kit installed on several BRZ/FRS' and it's crazy how much you have to butcher the fenders. At least replacement BRZ quarter panels are much cheaper than nsx's.

If the design was offered in a reversible wide body complete panel (fender and quarter) replacement this kit would be hot. Nobody will cut up an NSX for the add on panels in the traditional rocket bunny kits.

Complete replacement panels is the correct way for a super car with sure expensive panels, and if someone made it, it would sell in my opinion.

Ditto. If it were a one piece op and not a hack job, I would be interested. The question is, how long will the Rocket Bunny trend be hot? It is a "trend" and not all care for it. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I think the RB renderings look pretty amazing.

This was during some mock up... The flares are fully custom in sizing/shape and will be color matched.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I was actually thinking the same...full pieces, so that you would not have to hack your existing panels. I would love to do a metal conversion, but the cost would be astronomical. Carbon would be expensive as well, but probably worth it. Chris's fenders are a great start and I bet it will look awesome!

I know it is a fad, but the more aggressive NSX wide bodies are very similar to a certain extent (i.e. Mugen RR, Sorcery GT, etc.). It is not quite the same, but the aggressive flares and lines are what am I referring to.

I like the rear wing also. It reminds of the Backyard Special's wing.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, this is good stuff.

Does anybody have the skills to photoshop a Type-R hood onto either of the RB photos? I'm not sure if it will look good or not since the kit is so busy as is.

I did some studying up on TRA Kyoto. The way they (technically "he") design and build kits is pretty interesting. Event though his shop looks like hell and is a mess, technically speaking, his kits should have pretty good form and fitment. Cars are laser scanned, molds are from CNC machined polystyrene cores, fully symmetrical, and go from concept to production Ina months time.

Problem is, vendors like Greddy are beating his door down to have him design product for them. He doesn't need to serve a niche market like ours. The only way I see this kit being built is if someone fronts the cash and then sells the kit under their own banner(as Greddy does with the 4-6 Rocket Bunny 86 FRS/BRZ).

Edit: I think I'm dead wrong on this. Greddy is just a redistributor for the American market. I believe he does indeed fund his projects internally. They financial details are really lacking, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I would love some flares like this for my car.

who's page? id like to follow it as well

Chris has already started his and I am planning on giving this a shot myself. We'll see how it goes. My plans include full fender and quarter replacements in either glass or carbon fiber. No doubt that the kit will not be super cheap, but would be quality stuff when completed.

Need to get the Madonna Kit done first though, so it will not be within the next month or two by any means.

13261817185_e31941a36f_o.jpg

this picture was pretty much everywhere last week on instagram, i figure i post it here incase some people dont have one. i dont know who made this rendering but since no one claimed of making it, im assuming it was from TRAKyoto. if so this might be a hint that they are in the process of building this kit. i love how it looks but i think this will be more expensive then i originally thought because the front end look like a whole replacement instead of just over fenders.

It was posted by TRA Kyoto on his Facebook page, with the comment " Kick Starter feeler". So it is coming from the source. All images before this one were Jonsibal; this one is legit RB.

I just realized Tra Kyoto USA is a few miles from me:)

I saw that, but it looks more like a kids fan club than a legit operation. The distribution for the USA is handled by GReddy so I have my doubts that the kids repping Top Racing Arts here in Chicago are anything more than recent devotees.

I've never considered buying 2of any car, but I would buy a 2nd NSX to modify from this kit.. And for the record, japanese have been doing this since the 80's with other cars. Someone just got the balls to go there "taste fully" with an NSX. I look at it no different from what guys have done with harley motorcycles. So I would not consider it a "fad' or something that will grow old but just another option and reason to appreciate what we all have. I love NSX from Oem to modified.....and yes, some things are best left alone, but I think this one passes.

I'm pretty certain I saw two videos of the silver NSX with a rocket bunny kit on youtube this weekend. A youtube search now results with nothing. I wondering if they accidentally meant to load it up as a private video caught the mistake and then pulled the video. Either way I have to say I didn't really like the rear end and the car was way too low. It was like scrapping on the ground as he pulled into the gas station.

Back