• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got a new set of LED parking lights. .

Thought I'd share

I decided to bite the bullet and try out a new set of LED parking lights, so I bought a set off eBay per slamstrom's recommendation. Price was a whooping $5 shipped for the pair.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-T10-194-168-W9W-25-SMD-LED-White-Lamp-Bulb-12V-/110560034130?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bde43d52

I replaced my 6 WLEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com with these 25 LED ones from the eBay link above.

Went from these:
wled-x6.jpg

to these:
ViewPicture.aspx

Results are below. The brighter one on the passenger side is the new 25 LED and the right is the 6 WLED.
CIMG0066.jpg

I just put them in today, so in a few months I'll let you guys know if they burn out.

Were they "plug and play" so to speak, or did you require resistors to wire them in....I have heard that sometimes the LED aspect of the bulbs fool the electrical system and resistors are needed to create proper draw...I'm no electrician, so I can't say for sure...but I would certainly like to hear how they work out for you over a longer term....

same white-color as the WLED-6?

The brighter one on the passenger side is the new 25 LED and the right is the 6 WLED...
In your opinion, would you say both are of the same color in-person? I/too had the WLED-6 along w/ Philips 6000k HID's & they both were a virtual match in terms of crisp, clear crystal white like w/ a halo-like touch of blue/UV.

Last edited:
Were they "plug and play" so to speak, or did you require resistors to wire them in....I have heard that sometimes the LED aspect of the bulbs fool the electrical system and resistors are needed to create proper draw...I'm no electrician, so I can't say for sure...but I would certainly like to hear how they work out for you over a longer term....

I believe that resistors are required for bulbs that are the turn-signal lights. LEDs will need resistors in them or the turn-signals end up blinking super fast. Since these bulbs are in the parking light fixture (and don't blink), I don't think there is a problem.

They were Plug and play.
I think they are polarized though, because when I first installed each side, they didn't come on. . I just took the bulb out, turned it 180 degrees and reinserted and they came right on. I had the same experience with my LED interior lights, so that's how I knew they weren't defective. .

Last edited:
can you let us know how you took the front light assembly out? the manual mentions but i wasn't clear...

i'm looking at changing the turn sig bulb to a LED bulb... probably have to change the relay to solid state version, to keep the rate same...

the parking light looks good too .....what is the type/base # for these?

jim R

Thought I'd share

I decided to bite the bullet and try out a new set of LED parking lights, so I bought a set off eBay per slamstrom's recommendation. Price was a whooping $5 shipped for the pair.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-T10-194-168-W9W-25-SMD-LED-White-Lamp-Bulb-12V-/110560034130?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bde43d52

I replaced my 6 WLEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com with these 25 LED ones from the eBay link above.

Went from these:
wled-x6.jpg

to these:
ViewPicture.aspx

Results are below. The brighter one on the passenger side is the new 25 LED and the right is the 6 WLED.
CIMG0066.jpg

I just put them in today, so in a few months I'll let you guys know if they burn out.

Adrian,
Now that you see it in person on your NSX, do you think the 25 LED bulb is a little too bright? I find it just a little too bright (it may just be my eyes). Brightness is also subjective. I'm thinking of pulling 4 to 8 LEDs off the bulb.

license-plate lights...

The brighter one on the passenger side is the new 25 LED and the right is the 6 WLED...
Osiris_x11 said:
In your opinion, would you say both are of the same color in-person? I/too had the WLED-6 along w/ Philips 6000k HID's & they both were a virtual match in terms of crisp, clear crystal white like w/ a halo-like touch of blue/UV.
Anyone try these 25-LED wedge bulbs in the license-plate lights (ie. do they fit)?

I followed your link to e-bay and
purchased those lights you have.

then after I paid for them thru Paypal,
I noticed the shipping time was 2-3 weeks?

Yikes

Oh well.

As I recalled, I received the bulbs in about 2 weeks.

I followed your link to e-bay and
purchased those lights you have.

then after I paid for them thru Paypal,
I noticed the shipping time was 2-3 weeks?

Yikes

Oh well.

As I recalled, I received the bulbs in about 2 weeks.

Yes, I think they took about 1.5 to 2 weeks to get here. They were shipped from Hong Kong/China.

Adrian,
Now that you see it in person on your NSX, do you think the 25 LED bulb is a little too bright? I find it just a little too bright (it may just be my eyes). Brightness is also subjective. I'm thinking of pulling 4 to 8 LEDs off the bulb.

I actually wanted them brighter. In fact I was originally considering the LEDs from swerve from this thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117236&page=7

But the price of $125 a set :eek: kind of deterred me. I don't believe that this $5 set is as bright as swerve's but I just couldn't justify paying 25x the price.

Since I have a 1995 NSX, I wanted a DRL sort of light without having to pop-up my headlights. I think this fits the bill for the time being until something better (and hopefully cheaper) comes along.

Are these 194 or 168 bulb size? Also will these work for the rear license plates as well?

Are these 194 or 168 bulb size? Also will these work for the rear license plates as well?

It doesn't matter for LED bulbs. 168 and 194 have the same base connection, but the wattage is different for regular incandescent bulbs (I think). I have not try to install it on the license plate, but the 25 LED bulb looks either a little too long or barely fits for the license plate.

Alright, thanks for the answer. I will start ordering.

got my bulbs sooner than I though
less than a week I am in Florida.
the E-bay listing said about 2-3 weeks.

I actually wanted them brighter. In fact I was originally considering the LEDs from swerve from this thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117236&page=7

But the price of $125 a set :eek: kind of deterred me. I don't believe that this $5 set is as bright as swerve's but I just couldn't justify paying 25x the price.

Since I have a 1995 NSX, I wanted a DRL sort of light without having to pop-up my headlights. I think this fits the bill for the time being until something better (and hopefully cheaper) comes along.

unfortunately there is no 'in-between' option so you either are stuck with 'plug-in' leds or a custom setup. the high-power led necessitates use of a dedicated heatsinks hence the cost. jon's (fastraxx) 'profit' for led sourcing, assembly and soldering of the harness was in the neighbourhood of 10 bucks while i did all the work for free- i wish it could be done cheaper but at current demand thats not possible.

unfortunately there is no 'in-between' option so you either are stuck with 'plug-in' leds or a custom setup. the high-power led necessitates use of a dedicated heatsinks hence the cost. jon's (fastraxx) 'profit' for led sourcing, assembly and soldering of the harness was in the neighbourhood of 10 bucks while i did all the work for free- i wish it could be done cheaper but at current demand thats not possible.

I completely understand because the NSX market is so small. However, since this is somewhat common bulb size, do you think you could outsource the design to someone else and expand the market to any car using a 168/194 bulb?

i have thought about it and that truly is the only way i can get the sinks made at a cheaper price- machining of the cooling fans takes time and they are pretty thin but they work as my set is still alive and functioning just fine- if it 'lives' here in AZ it will be bulletproof everywhere else.
i understand jon is too busy with other projects and kinda lost the interest but i will drop him a pm and will see where it goes. i would need to find a local source for quality assembly- i would not feel comfortable peddling something not living up to oem standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listing ended, searched other listings, see a buncha that LOOK identical, but they're all "W5W" rather than the "W9W" that your link referred to.

What's the difference? I don't know what that code refers to.

Is W5W usable for this application, ya think?

Last edited:
Back