• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got my custom fiberglass box for nsxnitro! AMAZING

Here is a pic of the 10" fiberglass box I got from nsxnitro. Quality and construction is stunning. I am sure its going to be a performer. Everything is hand layed and looks really well blended and tight. I am SUPER greatful for what Thomas has done for me. Thanks so much!

I know some of you are currious how much I paid Thomas for his services, but lets just say IT WAS A DEAL AND A HALF! I would say the price but I don't know if he is making them for THAT cheap or if he is even willing to make more.

I will update with pics when the project is in and completed! The wires he included are EXPENSIVE competition wires, and he included directions, padding for the back of the box, and even the jumper wire to wire the duel voice coil sub! AMAZING!

J. R.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 409
Here is a pic of the 10" fiberglass box I got from nsxnitro. Quality and construction is stunning. I am sure its going to be a performer. Everything is hand layed and looks really well blended and tight. I am SUPER greatful for what Thomas has done for me. Thanks so much!

I know some of you are currious how much I paid Thomas for his services, but lets just say IT WAS A DEAL AND A HALF! I would say the price but I don't know if he is making them for THAT cheap or if he is even willing to make more.

I will update with pics when the project is in and completed! The wires he included are EXPENSIVE competition wires, and he included directions, padding for the back of the box, and even the jumper wire to wire the duel voice coil sub! AMAZING!

J. R.

Glad you like it, Can't wait until you hear the sound of that thing... You'll be blown away:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: keep in touch, JR

Last edited:

J. R.

Nitro installed my Box tonight and stayed up until 2am doing it. We tested out the sub and OH MY FAWKING GOD. This thing will make deaf kids cry! The bass is deep and hits rediculously hard. Get it installed J.R.!!

PICT1680copy.jpg

Nitro installed my Box tonight and stayed up until 2am doing it. We tested out the sub and OH MY FAWKING GOD. This thing will make deaf kids cry! The bass is deep and hits rediculously hard. Get it installed J.R.!!

PICT1680copy.jpg

LOL! Sorry It took so long, Will... Now all you need is your head unit and your all set. so glad we tested the bass sound last night. Put big smile on your face:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

If you want a LOUD & SQ sub.... look no further than TC Sounds.... it will run circles around the RF! My TC Sounds TC2+ (last years model) in the Zetoolman's v1 box played pretty much flat down to 18 hz before rolling off and hit 128 db (measured using my laptop and TrueAudio RTA with a Behringer mike). Amp was a JL Audio 500/1.

10TC1000_04m.jpg
10TC1000_00m.jpg

BTW: TC Sounds has a new Titanium cone sub! :eek: But it only comes in 15" & 18"
M_side.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a LOUD & SQ sub.... look no further than TC Sounds.... it will run circles around the RF! My TC Sounds TC2+ (last years model) in the Zetoolman's v1 box played pretty much flat down to 18 hz before rolling off and hit 128 db (measured using my laptop and TrueAudio RTA with a Behringer mike). Amp was a JL Audio 500/1.

10TC1000_04m.jpg
10TC1000_00m.jpg

BTW: TC Sounds has a new Titanium cone sub! :eek: But it only comes in 15" & 18"
M_side.jpg

A guy on another forum was talking about how TC Sounds makes and sold some of there frames and baskets to Rockford. Is this true?

Then when I did a search for TC Sounds on ebay it came up with one sub and that guy makes a reference to the subs being made for rockford fosgate too......What gives? So are these bascailly just rockford fosgates just diffrent names? Need your help understanding all this CL65man

J. R.

TC Sounds is one of the largest OEM manufacturers in the US for subs... companies come to TC Sounds with their parameters and designs and TC Sounds manufacturers them... they also do R & D for other companies. Two years ago they started retailing on the internet their own subs. I know they did R & D and manufacturing for Eclipse for sure, but they are very hush-hush, understandably, for who they actually do work for. Is it possible that they make some parts for RF, maybe.... but I can assure that their own "house" brands are definitely not clones to those they do manufacture for. Their subs are truly outstanding! I came across them when I found out that they made the 12" subs for my SVSubwoofer.com PB12/2+ Home Theater Sub (dual 12" 900w amp)

Lists of subs I have used in my NSX:

JL Audio w3v2
Images Dynamics IDQ10
elementalDesign SQ10
TC Sounds TC2+

I am very, very picky about my audio and I can give the following opinions...

Best SQ for small box - Image Dynamics IDQ 0.3-0.5cu
eD SQ10 - $55, 3" mounting depth, 03.-0.5 cu, decent combo of SQ & SPL
JL - good overal, $$$, does everything well but not the best of anything
TC Sounds - great SPL, good SQ, needs at least .8-1.0 cu

Try spell check!

How in the world can you say I hijacked your thread? Chi asked questions, THAT I ANSWERED!!! I have been in correspondence with him on this for some time. If you know how to read, read what I wrote in reference to his questions! It was not an advertisement, it was a normal response to questions.

I agreed with Flexer! CHI, was only asking question to Flexer NOT to you Zetoolman. if you had been in correspondence with CHI, you should of just PM him. NOT thru Flexer's thread.
Like I stated before Zetoolman, YOU DON'T OWN YOUR OWN NSX AND HAVE NOT WORKED ON YOUR OWN SYSTEM. your only the NSX prime member.... pls stop and keep you noise in sales section under marketplace/product info.

If any NSX prime member, Oh! let state that again. If any NSX owner wants to order Zetoolman sub box. they will order from marketplace under your advertisment section.

10TC1000_04m.jpg
10TC1000_00m.jpg

M_side.jpg

LOL
TC series ONLY comes in 15" or 18"
If you you want real low bass within 10" sub driver. I'll go with ZAPCO sub driver:
CW-10_ISO.jpg

CW-10D_Graph_Reverse.jpg

CW-10D_Dim_Reverse.jpg

More description of ZAPCO sub driver attached:
http://www.zapco.com/
Thiele.jpg

something to look for if your into competition series

I designed AND built this system. AS I TOLD YOU!!! Many guys have company cars, so do not try to discount the fact that I am with one and working on one! What do you care whether I own one or not? I have been in the automotive industry for more than 25 years! Have also designed and built MANY custom stereo systems.

This community IS to help and learn from each other. I helped fill several needs that this community needed. MANY people on this forum do not "own" an NSX. But, at least I have one at my fingertips to work on, experiment with, and design improvements for.

The questions and statements Chi had posted needed to be addressed. SO, AS you are to do on threads, I addressed his questions and incorrect statements. A PM would not have addressed the misstatements made out in the open.

I will have an enclosure in about 2 weeks to finally get you to see how a quality fiberglass enclosure works :wink:

yea! right... that's going to put you in more loss to your little buisness. who's going to spend that much for the sub enclosure??? Z....
Hope your not trying to prove your fiberglass enclosure makes better bass than minds?? if so I can make one that can compare to yours again n' again n' again...

I designed AND built this system. AS I TOLD YOU!!! Many guys have company cars, so do not try to discount the fact that I am with one and working on one! What do you care whether I own one or not?

I do care, cause hole discussion was NSX owners doing little own project, until you keep F$&#%&ing with Flexer's thread and others as well... What's up with you Z??? As i told you again n' again n' again. The only section you belong is under marketplace.

Last edited:
LOL

Actually the pics on top are the TC Sounds 10".... I was referencing the Titanium cone only comes in 15" 18".
BTW: The TC Sounds TC1000 10" is $179.

The Zapco's look cool, but almost a $1000 for one sub???? Critical Mass also makes some good Carbon Fiber subs but they are pretty close to the same price.

LOL

Actually the pics on top are the TC Sounds 10".... I was referencing the Titanium cone only comes in 15" 18".
BTW: The TC Sounds TC1000 10" is $179.

The Zapco's look cool, but almost a $1000 for one sub???? Critical Mass also makes some good Carbon Fiber subs but they are pretty close to the same price.

I see, Critical Mass speaker are prety good as well... both are competition series:tongue: too much $

Hey Flexer, hows the sub comming? Had a chance to install it yet? I finally finished the remaining pieces of my audio equipment and it sounds great! Nice and clear and the bass hits very hard and clean. There isn't too much of a foot space lost neither from the sub box. You're going to like it. Keep us updated!

What is the measurement from the front of the seat rail to the front of the enclosure at the floor level? Is it like 14 1/2"?

Don't know I will have to measure it when I get around to installing.

Things have just been super slow because of all the school and work. Any free time I have my wife takes so its tuff. Plus with the snow on the ground here I am in NO HURRY. I keep you all posted.

J. R.

Back