• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got my new R&T

Well, what the title says....

And then... It contains a great comparison test of tuners, featuring a Spoon NSX-R GT.

R&T

I find it weird that the R only managed to shave 1.5 seconds off the stock NSX time, considering the turbo and other goodies. Either way, if you're interested in a genuine NSX-R, you'll be able to pick one up here in the states from Spoon starting in 2009, just be ready to fork over $120K.

Great article on the Honda S3000 as well.

S3K

I believe that that's the first movie of the NSX-R-GT (real one) and the first photo's other than the folder photos.

Only 420 HP out of it?! And even if it had standard power with that weight reduction it should go faster than only 1 second better from stock...

The NSX-R GT has great numbers... they remind me of a stock C6. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The NSX-R GT has great numbers... they remind me of a stock C6. :biggrin:

It would have been cool to have a C6 run around this track with these guys.

I'm sure the car can post some better numbers. It all depends on the driver.

What I find more impressive is how close the NSX is here to the new 911 turbo. Up almost 200hp, and a tight track should have been the perfect environment for all wheel drive.

The '02 update, was it only cosmetic, or did they change anything about the suspension and brakes? If it was just the bodywork, then a car from '97 would still make a pretty good show against the Porsche.

Edit: now that I've finished reading the article, I unfortunately have to say that the speed of the stock Skyline is the most impressive thing. I really don't like the car, but I have to respect something that can beat a 911 turbo that badly.

Nick

Last edited:
I would like to know what genius at R&T made those time little graphics comparing the cars 4.6 meg each!

The times for the stock GT-R are rediculously fast.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's going to be used or brand new? If it's new released thur honda like the Mugan Si, I would be very temped to buy one.

Re: Just got my new R&T < see page 101 >

interesting sidebar at the bottom of the page

evidently Spoon will be releasing a USDM (LHD) NSX Type-R for about $120K

Thankfully, Spoon Sports, a long-time motorsport partner with Honda... converting left-hand-drive US-spec NSXs into NSX-Rs.

The conversion involves a long list of modifications, including stiffer springs and shocks, larger anti-roll bars, forged 17-inch wheels, a shorter final-drive gear ratio, slotted brake rotors, flat underbody trays and a rear diffuser.

Part of the NSX-R's appeal was a product of Honda's desire to keep weight in check, so in order to get as close to the JDM version's 2,800-pound curb weight, Spoon will replace the hood, rear spoiler and seats with carbon fiber pieces, fit a smaller battery, manually-adjustable mirrors, thinner rear window glass, lightweight carpets and will rip out all of the sound deadening material and replace the spare tire with a can of expanding goo.

Spoon hasn't released details on how much the conversion will cost or when it will begin taking orders, but if it has Honda's blessing on the project, expect to see the first few models on the road just ahead of the new NSX's launch in 2010.

also here : http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/spoon-to-recreate-nsx-type-r-in-lhd-trim-for-u-s/

Back