• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just not any wrecked Ford in KC !

Just though I would throw this out for the KC crowd. Happened over at the Mission Hills Country Club. Note the temp tag on back and the plastic on the seats.

Happy motoring.

FYI-Heartland Park April 28-30th, track time...sign up early and come play.

Attachments

• WRECKED GT.jpg
    WRECKED GT.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 444
  • WRECKED FORD GT-3.jpg
    WRECKED FORD GT-3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 409
  • WRECKED GT-1.jpg
    WRECKED GT-1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 406
Tried to miss a rabbit and hit the post? Cel phone? Zigged instead of zagged?Or probably another example of too much money not enough brains. Bought a really fast car with no experience. Some first time sports car owners who buy vipers end up like this as well. In any case, sad too see a nice new car go poof. :frown:

At least it hit the pole & stopped. Could've gone over the side into the water.

:wink: Clear title repairable. Easy fix. :eek:

Would be interesting to know the driver's age, and what came out of their mouth just prior to impact...

Tom, just noticed your signature line. What is a Formula 330SS? New race car? Did you see the GT wreck in person? Gary.

Always a shame to see such a beautiful car in such a condition. It's like seeing the prom queen at a crackhouse.:tongue:

Yeah that really sucks..what was he/she doing?...the road wasn't even wet..now that they are gonna stop building thoes cars, the 23 or so that they built:wink: are gonna just keep going up in price....too bad the guy/gal driving this one couldn't keep it straight:frown: ...

Zipy said:
Tom, just noticed your signature line. What is a Formula 330SS? New race car? Did you see the GT wreck in person? Gary.

Pix were sent to me, all I know is the car had only 9 miles on the clock. You can see the temp tags and the plastic still on the seats. A real pitty, hard not to feel for the poor guy.

I meant to say Kansas City Country Club not Mission Hills, I do know the road though. Over around 55th and State Line Rd. just up the hill from the plaza. I heard and my neighbor that just bought one told me they have a butt load of torque and I don't think they have any stability management system. I would guess w/forced induction rated @ 550lbs. Looking at the road..a little sand and/or cold surface, punched it, swapped the ass end on cold tires in 2nd gear and shit his pants just before impact. In short he stepped on his pecker and that car is a salvage title. $155k gone like a lot of other high HP cars out there over the last few years. Not just anyone get get into these things w/o some real education before hand, if not people can get hurt.

As far as the 330SS, its a 33' boat made by Formula. Not a car although its got a couple of big block 496 MercCruisers. Around 800hp pushing a 10,000 pound boat. Great fuel mileage:redface:

Hope you guys are doing well.

Tom Larkins said:
Pix were sent to me, all I know is the car had only 9 miles on the clock. You can see the temp tags and the plastic still on the seats. A real pitty, hard not to feel for the poor guy....

Dang...that really sucks. Poor guy was probably so excited to get it that he ended up wrecking it. I wonder if he even had insurance on it yet? It almost looks fixable...I wonder how hard it would be?

Reminds me of an old guy I saw in Atlanta driving a Carerra GT with paper plates, going 45 in a 65, most likely taking the car home to park it in his garage, never to be driven again. :rolleyes: The guy driving it looked scared to death. :D

Tom Larkins said:
I meant to say Kansas City Country Club not Mission Hills, I do know the road though. Over around 55th and State Line Rd. just up the hill from the plaza.

Actually, I used to work at MHCC during high school (in that white building at the upper left of the first picture). The road is Belinder, basically right between Kansas City Country Club and Mission Hills Country Club. You're looking at the 17th hole of MHCC in the first pic, and George Brett's house is not far behind you (if you drive up the road in pic 3). The speed limit on that road is 25, btw.

From s2ki's community organizer for the KC region...
it is currently at the Ford dealership...I was there last week to see if they were willing to sell it.

The guy that bought it, let his son take it around the block....can you imagine? I guess I would be looking for a new son after that...!!! I guess the insurance is paying for its full repair...they are having to send it to Ford to have it fixed as NO ONE will touch that car. Only the Ford factory is authorized to make structural repair to the car?

Unbelievable...

Back