• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just ordered Bilstien Shocks.. Installation?

vtp

Registered Member
So where do you guys take your cars to get them worked on? I was planning having the dealer isntall my bilstien shocks and then aligning the car, but I have a feeling that is going to cost a fortune.

Do any of you have a mechanic you trust that wont charge and arm and a leg to install stuff? After the whole 135 dollars for floormats fiasco at the dealer, I am a little bit afraid to go back =-).

~Vu

PS... Still parking really far way from people at parking :smile: How long does that last?

btw, I am in the Seattle Area...

Greetings , nice to meet you Sat eve ..

I would go to John at Acura of Lynnwood 425 775 2925
He does all the work on my ride / trust non issue / service impeccable
talk with Charles service advisor have him set it up
(tell him Ken referred you )

or call John at ZahnTech Import Auto in Redmond 425 861 8060
(he was at the meet as well )

Parking ..LOL ... I dont think that will ever change !!

Good Luck and Happy Motoring:cool:

Last edited:
vtp said:
<snip>PS... Still parking really far way from people at parking :smile: How long does that last? btw, I am in the Seattle Area...
well, for a guy who lives in san jose, ca, i'd say that's a little obsessive, but i bet you get frequent flier miles, no? ;)

vtp said:
So where do you guys take your cars to get them worked on? I was planning having the dealer isntall my bilstien shocks and then aligning the car, but I have a feeling that is going to cost a fortune.

Do any of you have a mechanic you trust that wont charge and arm and a leg to install stuff? After the whole 135 dollars for floormats fiasco at the dealer, I am a little bit afraid to go back =-).

~Vu

PS... Still parking really far way from people at parking :smile: How long does that last?

btw, I am in the Seattle Area...

My suggestion: 1. John in Redmond, or if you want a cheaper but still trustable service: PM me, my mechanic friend can do that as a side job, hence, maybe fitting your budget. 3. No offense, but I will never go to a dealership installing aftermarket parts.

Hey Vu..I can put those in for you If you like...just shoot me a PM if want and I can make a spot for you in the schedule...John Z

Last edited:
DIY the parts then find someone to align it.

It will only take about 4 hours, I just did my eibach springs.:smile:
Has anyone taken a car to Don @ hilltop auto for an align? I'm thinking of going to him...

raw nsx -

I had Don at Hilltop align my car ('91) a couple of years ago and it seemed fine; I've also had him do other work (timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment) over the last four years and I heartily recommend his shop for any kind of service/repair.

That being said, I had it aligned a couple of months ago in the East Bay at Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley. They are more of a high performance shop (and a couple miles from my house, Hilltop is probably 35 - 40 miles) and Roger's son Brandon does most of the alignments, has a track car of his own, and seems ok with you hanging out at the alignment rack (YMMV) while he does the work. He will show you the alignment specs and measurements on the computer screen and tell you what he recommends based on what you will be doing with your car.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, I am taking to John in Redmond. We have been exchanging private messages. Super nice guy, very eager to help. I hopefully will be setting up a time to have the Shocks installed soon.

I have to have it re-aligned. Did any of you dial out some of the settings to get better tire wear? If so, what specs did you use? Is it a huge degrade in performance?

~Vu

That is a catch-22. If you align your car to minimize tire wear you are going to sacrifice performance and vice versa. The trick is to find the happy medium. First you need to decide what kind of driving you are going to be doing.

I had my Bilstiens installed by John at ZahnTech Import Automotive today. He has one of the cleanest shops I have ever seen. He was organized, prompt and fun to hang out with. I stayed and chatted with him for a few hours, and when we didnt get done in time he drove me over to Microsoft for work, and then picked me up and the end of the day to return my car. After being one inch lower, the car feels great and looks awesome. Great price, great service and a true proffessional. He has gained a customer for life... now, all he has to do is alignments at his shop!

Did I mention he bought me lunch too?

~Vu

Good Idea..well since many people are going down to portland and it's a holiday weekend I guess I should plan it for later this month:smile:

Zahntech does all the work on my car...well, all the work that I'm not too stupid to try and do myself.

A+

Back