• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just paid $2.78 per gal!

East Bay prices

I filled up the NSX yesterday near my home - No. CA, East Bay for $2.39 for premium. Regular for my truck was only (amazing - I'm actually saying "only" for $2+ gas) $2.21. Not a bad price considering the prices in other places in the bay.

i guess we won't be seeing many hummer H2s this summer

32 gal X $2.50 = $80 for about 256 miles (8mpg)

just be glad most of us travel locally to work....i know of a lady that commutes 250 miles a day for work.

~1250 miles/week
~5000 miles/month
~60,000 miles/year

with 20mpg on regular unleaded ($2.20/gal), that's

$27.5/day
$137.5/week
$550/month
$6600/year

must be a good paying job....

Her company might actually pay for her gas. A friend of mine charged all his gas on the company account because it required him to drive long distances.

Blue Knight said:
just be glad most of us travel locally to work....i know of a lady that commutes 250 miles a day for work.

~1250 miles/week
~5000 miles/month
~60,000 miles/year

with 20mpg on regular unleaded ($2.20/gal), that's

$27.5/day
$137.5/week
$550/month
$6600/year

must be a good paying job....

prices are like that in asia as well but they don't drive nearly as long distance as we do in the US.

for example, when i was in taipei, taxi drivers could drive all day long around the city but it's only a few miles long.

perhaps in europe it may be different...i would love to be on the autobahn...

I am hoping more people will car pool so there will be less people to get in my way!

Gas has been way too cheap in the U.S. for too long, most people are spoiled by our low gas prices.

Right now one of the cheapest vehicles I can drive is my Hummer! Diesel around here is 1.62 per gallon and premium gas is 2.39.

My Hummer gets about 18mpg so the price per mile is cheaper than everything I own except my NSX. Of course all of the other cars are a lot more fun except when going off road.

Carguy!,
that is exactely what my father always says! :p
He commutes everyday and in both direction he waits about 30 minutes in traffic jams. He likes the increase in price because more and more people car pool now and sometime a 10% decrease in the car number eliminates completely the jams (see network theory).

If he can save 1hr/day --> 22 hr/months for 150$ he cannot be happier! ;)

Carguy! said:
... of the cheapest vehicles I can drive is my Hummer! Diesel around here is 1.62 per gallon and premium gas is 2.39.
My Hummer gets about 18mpg so the price per mile is cheaper than everything I own except my NSX.

Your Hummer gets 18 mpg? Is it an H2? They were rated at 10-11 mpg tops!

But around here diesel is the same price as regular, right now it's around $2.40. That makes driving the Benz 300D a little pricey too. I'm glad we just picked up a Civic hybrid, wish I'd never sold the Insight, I was getting 60-65 mpg!

Carguy! said:
Right now one of the cheapest vehicles I can drive is my Hummer! Diesel around here is 1.62 per gallon and premium gas is 2.39.

My Hummer gets about 18mpg so the price per mile is cheaper than everything I own except my NSX. Of course all of the other cars are a lot more fun except when going off road.

They dont make the H2 in diesel so you must have an H1, which I have also and would love to know what you have done to it to get 18mpg!! I have the 6.5 turbo and get at the most 15mpg. I have the K&N filter and upgraded exhaust with no cats. My next mod will be a boost controller and CPU upgrade. I havent driven my Hummer for weeks, partly b/c of gas prices and mostly b/c its been great weather for riding the bike(not the pedaling kind;) )

Dude that sucks with the gas prices.
DC $2.38

We have been thinking about organizing a protest against this!
We are going to have everyone run out of gas in front of the Whitehouse...lol! But we have been seriously debating over it.

SNDSOUL said:
They dont make the H2 in diesel so you must have an H1, which I have also and would love to know what you have done to it to get 18mpg!! I have the 6.5 turbo and get at the most 15mpg. I have the K&N filter and upgraded exhaust with no cats. My next mod will be a boost controller and CPU upgrade. I havent driven my Hummer for weeks, partly b/c of gas prices and mostly b/c its been great weather for riding the bike(not the pedaling kind;) )

Yes I have the H1, I bought it new in '98 and have loved every mile in it so far! Driving around town I get 13-14mpg and on the highway, I get around 18mph. I haven't made any mod's to the 6.5L turbo. The engine was replaced at 14K miles because the engine block allowed coolant to seap out and Detroit Diesel wanted to evaluate why so they game me a brand new engine. I did think about having a Duramax conversion done, but the price is ridiculous for the upgrade.

I mostly use the truck up in the Michigan U.P. so it gets a lot of off road use, I am driving in back down state to get some maintainance done tommorow.

Let me know how the engine mod's go I might want to make some changes also!

Today the prices at Shell are:

Reg. $2.50
Plus $2.60
Prem $2.68

And ten miles away on the Coast (at another Shell station) they're:

Reg. $2.50
Plus $2.64
Prem $2.74

Almost back to where they were a few weeks ago! I can't wait for Bush's deal with Saudi Prince what's-his-name to kick in.

just took a trip down to southern cal and the gas prices were ridiculous....same if not worse than bay area prices.

news update today

mercedes sales down 1%
porsche sales down 12%
toyota and honda still up there....wasn't suprised since toyota V8s also use reg unleaded gas...

Boy, after see the gas prices in Europe and California. I will gladly pay $2.09 for premium:D

Just returned from two weeks in the UK this evening. Their prices are bumping $8.00 per gallon!!!

I still can't get over the people here in the US driving their HUVs, and drinking bottled water that costs about $6.00 a gallon, and complaining that gas is over $2.00 per gallon.

Go figure...

Back