• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Published My First Car Review! - Infiniti IPL

Just wanted to share this with you all. I started Legit with the hope of one day being able to review cars and push towards some type of automotive journalism. Apparently when you actually set out to push towards a goal it becomes so much more easier to achieve.

If you would've told me that i'd be reviewing a $50,000 sports car two months into my new project I would've laughed in your face - but the simple fact of the matter is that I did and i'm even more excited to take things to the next level.

I not only have this review published on my site, but a different, more formal, review has been syndicated on AutomotiveAddicts.com as well.

Now all I have to do is work on learning actual punctuation and grammar.... ;)

2011 Infiniti G37 IPL Review: Blitzkrieg Your Commute | LegitLifeStyle.com - Your Source for Everything Legit!

You guys have been very supportive of my new endeavor and I just wanted to share this achievement of mine with you all.

Hope you like the writeup!

Cheers!

Congratulations, I hadn't heard anything about that car until I read your review.

I thought the article was really well written. Some suggestions that came to mind after reading it though:
1) I would have liked to see you compare it more to the standard G37 in terms of how the car feels, drives etc (not just the paper specs). How did the IPL changes improve or make the car worse ? Would it be best to buy the standard G37 or spend the extra to get the IPL version?
2) Minor gripe. . you mention "Two Big Tailpipes" but there's no pictures of them in your post! (unless you manually go to the gallery)

Otherwise I think it's a great first review! Keep up the good work!

Great write up but I would like to offer a few considerations for your next project. I felt there were an excessive amount of short sentences seemingly not connected to one another, this make them appear more like disconnected series of observations/statements.

Example:
'The exterior of the IPL is very elegant and well finished. All gap seams were lined up well and the paint quality was superb. Each Infiniti IPL comes with a special aero kit and spoiler to identify it as an IPL edition. This aero kit flows very well with the overall design of the car adding a bit more sportiness to the look without making it flagrant. The special IPL wheels are finished in a dark graphite color and show off the 4-piston calipers behind them nicely. A pair of 120mm tailpipes sit nestled underneath the rear bumper and are probably the most attention grabbing part of the entire exterior. We’ll get to the noise they make in just a bit.'

Additional use of connective words and phrases (and-for instance) would help this matter greatly, perhaps picj a theme and go more in depth on a particular characteristic. Also, add some personal emotion, comparisons, and analogies without getting to cliche'. e.g. Accelerates like 'The Hand Of God' pushing me in the back- very overused cliche'.

Otherwise, great job and I am looking forward to your next review.

Awesome feedback guys. That's the kind of constructive criticism I was looking for.

You make very good points... some of which I kind of knew were weak points (I didn't spend hardly any time at all speaking to the actually driving dynamics of the car), and the lack of the tailpipe shot... I had a rear shot I was planning on using for this but it came out blurry so it got scrapped from the review.

I'll try and work on my sentence structure more. I'm going to be reviewing a new Mercedes the end of this week so hopefully this is merely the beginning!

Again, thanks for the feedback I truly appreciate it!

Tried to take some of your advice and roll it into a better second review.

Just published a few minutes ago - the 2011 MB E350...

24.jpg

2011 Mercedes E350: German Tour de Force | LegitLifeStyle.com - Your Source for Everything Legit!

I think its a stronger review than my first, but it still leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Hope you all enjoy!

Cheers!

Your review says--
"However, like every other drive-by-wire car it is held back by the typical lag from the throttle pedal. I don’t fault the car for this as it has been evident on every drive-by-wire car since the devil introduced that technology over a decade ago."

:confused:

I see no lag due to drive-by-wire in my NSX. I have a vacuum gauge on the A-pillar and its needle jumps as if it were connected directly to the gas pedal. No perceptible lag whatsoever.

Back