• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just took a hit from the FX500 GFCP bong

Sig

Experienced Member
My name is Jason and I am gofastcrackpipeaholic.....

So, I'm in St. Louis for a couple nights, obvioulsy I had to get together with KGP. Forget business, I need to see my NSX's fraternal twin brother..... which is of course KGP's beauty.

We went for a jaunt around the city and inner-city too:) KGP showed me that even at half-throttle, his car is extremely fast. The exhaust note is beautiful as reported by several others, but having heard the same thing on my car a couple months ago... this was not much of a surprise. What was a surprise, was how quickly I managed to forget about just how fast the FX500 powered cars are. You can't help but let that uncontrollable grin stretch across your face as you blow through each gear in what seems like a nano-second.

Despite the tour KGP blessed this addict with tonight, I am already back in full withdrawal mode.... complete with twitching and foaming at the mouth. I certainly hope that FX finishes my car soon. I really, really, really, really need to have my baby back home.

Sorry guys. I meant to bring along the camcorder so that sig could take some footage of how fast the tach moves while passing through the gears, and also to catch the sounds, but I forgot the darn thing. :( :p :D

It was good to finally meet sig. We had a few fun encounters along the tour, but nothing really worth writing about.

Sorry guys. I meant to bring along the camcorder so that sig could take some footage of how fast the tach moves while passing through the gears, and also to catch the sounds, but I forgot the darn thing.

Well sorry just isn't going to cut it!:D We are all craving this video. We need to see the sites and sounds of this car.

NetViper said:
Why were you only at half-throttle?

That was only a few times when KGP was demonstrating 'normal' driving conditions. While part throttle was impressive, WOT was ridiculous.

On the part throttle note, it was nice to see that the car still builds enough boost to make 'normal' driving a blast. Seeing that one shouldn't:) be at WOT every time they acclerate, as a soon to be driver of the kit.... I am happy that I can get a thrill from both normal street driving and 'pedal to the floor' driving.

Last edited:
Sounds like you better get a camera mount in that car asap, I don't think anyone could hold the camera still with all that power. :cool:

KGP said:
Sorry guys. I meant to bring along the camcorder so that sig could take some footage of how fast the tach moves while passing through the gears, and also to catch the sounds, but I forgot the darn thing. :( :p :D

I think you should be banned from NSX Prime for 1 week for this ! :D :p

prova4re said:
Sounds like you better get a camera mount in that car asap...
Actually, I have one. I was trying to install it the other day, but the V-1 mount is a problem. :(

Last edited:
Sig said:
That was only a few times when KGP was demonstrating 'normal' driving conditions. While part throttle was impressive, WOT was ridiculous.

On the part throttle note, it was nice to see that the car still builds enough boost to make 'normal' driving a blast. Seeing that one shouldn't:) be at WOT every time they acclerate, as a soon to be driver of the kit.... I am happy that I can get a thrill from both normal street driving and 'pedal to the floor' driving.

speaking of normal driving... is it possible to have a lower boost setting for the street? Does KGP have this?

Yes, I have a boost controller. It has 4 channels available. The lowest setting I have produces 500whp. You can also control where the waste gate starts bleeding off boost. IOW, I can have the gate start open at a percentage value of peek boost (whatever that channel happens to be). Right now it is set to start bleeding boost off at 26% of the maximum value. To change the value or to switch to another channel it takes 10 seconds.

Sig said:
I certainly hope that FX finishes my car soon. I really, really, really, really need to have my baby back home.

Do you have your car back from Factor X yet? I looked for a "delivery report" like KGP posted but did not see anything.......

xsn said:
Do you have your car back from Factor X yet? I was looking for a "delivery report" like KGP posted but didn't see anything....

I got it back about a week ago. Although, I have been working through some tuning issues with FactorX for the past week. The air is much different here in DC than it is in Vegas and subsequently the driveability(primarily on the vaccum side) needed some massaging. In boost, it doesn't need much work.

The car is very fast and yet managable around town. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to drive it much due to dead tags and inspection. I should have that taken care of this week though. Once the car is dialed in, I will do a more thorough write-up.

Last edited:
Sig said:
I got it back about a week ago. Although, I have been working through some tuning issues with FactorX for the past week. The air is much different here in DC than it is in Vegas and subsequently the driveability(primarily on the vaccum side) needed some massaging. In boost, it doesn't need much work.

The car is very fast and yet managable around town. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to drive it much due to dead tags and inspection. I should have that taken care of this week though. Once the car is dialed in, I will do a more thorough write-up.

some in cabin videos too, please :)

Camera Mount

After reseraching through this board and other boards I decided to go with this .....

http://store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/wicamonew.html

they didn't have the additional ball mount accesory in stock so the price only came up ~ $130

I meant to take it to Road America this past weekend but my car was not done in time. Instead, a friend of mine took it with him in a S4 and stuck it to the sunroof, he said he got a lot of positive comments on the track about it. Vibration on the picture was very minimal even with the windows down.

hopefully, I'll get to test it out myself soon.

Kevin

Back