• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

just wrecked my nsx, help!!!

coming off a ramp, skid off and went over a curve completely. OUCH!!!
lower front bumper was complete torn off and got stuck under the car
my WW front spoiler torn off as well
my body looks okay except my left fender wheel well was crimpled a tad from the impact
anyone have any spare front valence to sell?
any aftermarket options?
any advises will be appreciated

Jon
[email protected]

It sounds like you'd better have the suspension checked. I'd go in for an alignment check (the car, not your spine, doc.
wink.gif
) without telling them about your little adventure. If the alignment is not significantly out then nothing was bent. If one or more corners are way off then they should look for bent pieces. This is important to check because the lightweight parts are strong when loads are in the designed direction but less so when they get bounced off things.

Sorry to hear about your "shunt". Let's hope nothing major is wrong with your ride or your back. Based on your email - the later may not be a big problem for you.

Originally posted by sjs:
It sounds like you'd better have the suspension checked. I'd go in for an alignment check (the car, not your spine, doc.
wink.gif
) without telling them about your little adventure. If the alignment is not significantly out then nothing was bent. If one or more corners are way off then they should look for bent pieces. This is important to check because the lightweight parts are strong when loads are in the designed direction but less so when they get bounced off things.

I agree with sjs. Don't assume just because the car seemed to drive "fine" after the skid, that it's OK. The NSX is built with laser-like precision and even the slightest misalignments could significantly impact the ride/handling, lead to premature wear, or worse, cause the car to become unstable -- often at time when you least expect it (or want it) to.

Get it checked out for peace of mind. $100 bucks is nothing when compared to the peace of mind it will give you knowing that the car is mechanically A-OK.

Regards.

And cold weather can make certain NSX tires not very sticky.

-J

looked under the car today
found out that about 80% of all the mounting points underneath the front bumper that accepts the lower valence broke off
guess i need the whole front end
dunno!
i'll have my body shop go thru it carefully first thing tomorrow
extreme cold weather and loads of salt and sand on the road
not a good combo!
Careful guys here in east coast!

Jon

...that's really sad news...
frown.gif

NSXaholic: Get it checked out for peace of mind. $100 bucks is nothing when compared to the peace of mind it will give you knowing that the car is mechanically A-OK.

ditto. it is always cheaper to fix earlier. Otherwise it might lead to bigger and more expensive problems.

Back