• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JWOW Engineering F1-Style Auxiliary Brake Light / Fog Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acura NSX F1-Style LED Auxiliary Brake Light / Fog Lamp

This is a complete “Plug ‘n Play” light for the Acura NSX. It is mounted to the vehicle via a black powder-coated bracket which affixes behind the license plate with the existing license plate screws. It’s compatible with the Downforce CF License Plate Garnish as well as most license plate frames. The electrical connections are achieved by connecting to the OEM rear brake lamp harness to the supplied harness. There are two standard light modes. When the parking lights are on, the light will be at approximately 40% brightness. When the brake pedal is pressed, the light will be at full brightness. Note, because PWM (pulse width modulation) is used to dim the light for the parking light mode, the light may appear to “flicker”.

Features:
- user friendly installation (no cutting, drilling, splicing, or soldering), requires basic tools only
- quick installation (can be done in 15 minutes or less)
- flush design (does not protrude beyond the end of the bumper, flows cleanly with the rear end of the vehicle)

Fitment Compatibility:
- Downforce 2002+ Rear Valence (North America spec license plates), fitment for 2002+ OEM Rear Valence has not yet been confirmed

Standard Model:
- red LED’s with red lens
- parking light mode bypass switch (completely turns off the low intensity light while the parking lights are on)

Custom Options
(subject to additional cost, inquire for details)
- white LED’s
- clear lens cap
- reverse light connectivity
- strobe (rapid flashing) with parking light mode and steady with brake light mode

Introductory pricing for the first 16 buyers: $145 (CDN or USD funds) for the “Standard Model” (regularly $160 + shipping + convenience fees), includes Insured Canada Post Expedited Parcel Shipping to USA and Canada (4-8 Business estimated), all other locations inquire for shipping rates, PayPal fees included. Note: This product ships from Canada.

Payment Methods Accepted:
- PayPal (no fees for the first 16 buyers)
- Personal Cheque in CDN or USD funds (must clear before shipping)
- Money order in CDN or USD funds (must clear before shipping)
- Cash (pickup orders only)

Please allow a maximum of 10 business days before the product ships, from the time when a cleared payment has been received. Buyers will be tracked here for special pricing:

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_1.jpg

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_2.jpg

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_3.jpg

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_4.jpg

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_5.jpg

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_animation.gif

Last edited:
Interesting indeed....what does it look like on a stock valenced 97'?

I thought this was Jwow:

jersey-shore-jwoww-punch-situation.jpg

Last edited:
Not to hate at all, but what's the difference in these and the $15 ones on eBay? The bracket?

Interesting indeed....what does it look like on a stock valenced 97'?
I plan to do a test fit this weekend and providing that it works well, will post pics.

LOL, how much will you pay me to put that on my car?
Hi. I don't think you are aware that I am selling the product for others to buy. I will not pay you anything to put it on your car. Thanks.

Not to hate at all, but what's the difference in these and the $15 ones on eBay? The bracket?
The ones that can be purchased on eBay use a different PCB design. The housing is the same design and there are the same number of LED's. However, the operation of the light is different. In addition, it is not NSX specific. No plug and play wiring harness is provided.

Right, so to laser out a small bracket @ $5 each, plus $3 each for powdercoat...then the wiring harness $20+/-
You can buy the same led light with the alternating LED pcb from chinese sellers for roughly the same price as the ebay ones which is probably what you are doing already, I doubt you are customizing the PCB yourself.
Consider selling these for less and I think you'll sell more, and I'll even buy one.

My job revolves around law enforcement vehicles and their equipment. I have access to most any type of LED that is available to LE. I have actually put together a couple of these in the past but never installed them. I think their very F1ish and quite cool, especially if they flash like the F1's. :wink:

My job revolves around law enforcement vehicles and their equipment. I have access to most any type of LED that is available to LE. I have actually put together a couple of these in the past but never installed them. I think their very F1ish and quite cool, especially if they flash like the F1's. :wink:

But only flash when it's raining and not activate when braking... like F1. :biggrin:

91-01 Rear Valence test fitting using the bracket designed for the DF 02 Rear Valence was done on the weekend. Here are the results. It looks like a new bracket would have to be designed as it doesn't quite sit flush.

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_6.JPG

NSX_F1_Brake_Light_7.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back