• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Karting @ K1 Speed - March 12th @ 11am - Grand Prix race!

Grand Prix Race or Le Mans Endurance Race?

• Grand Prix Race @ $60 per person

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Le Mans Endurance Race @ 90 per person

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I can't make it and just want to take another poll!

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greetings NSX'ers! Join us for the next CalCoastalNSX karting event at K1 Speed, which is located at 6212 Corte Del Abeto Carlsbad, CA - 92009.

We need to shoot for mutiples of 9-11 people per race. The format would be a little different then the norm, so I will try my best to explain how it will work for our situation.

Racers 1-10 practice
Racers 11-20 practice
Racers 21-30 practice, etc.

Racers 1-10 qualify
Racers 11-20 qualify
Racers 21-30 qualify, etc.

Racers 1-10 race,
Racers 11-20 race
Racers 21-30 race, etc.

You get the idea. Typically, you would do the practice, qual and race all in a row and get the "rubber arm syndrome". I would like at least 30 people(or 40) to attend, so sign up and join in on the fun! Prices and race choice is below.

GRAND PRIX

12 lap practice
14 lap qualifying
16 lap final race

Trophies will be given for top 3 in either race we choose. If we have 3 races of 10 each, that would be 9 trophies total.

Grand Prix will take roughly 2hrs and These time are based on a 30-40 person head count.

More info can be found on k1speeds website here.

Lunch is going to be Pizza, Caesar Salad and Soda.

Total cost is going to be $67 per person, which includes Grand Prix, trophies, lunch and some nsx raffle prizes. The easiest way for me to take payments is thru paypal. Please send $69 ($67 + $2 to cover paypals lovely fee of 3%) to my paypal address. If you have no paypal account and need to send a check, please PM for mailing details.

Payments need be sent out ASAP, as I need to send a deposit next week so they hold our time slot for us.

THE FINAL LIST!
1. Steve R. - Ca AGNSX PAID
2. Brad G. - Casper91 PAID
3. Terry M. - T-Med PAID
4. Si T. - Si PAID
5. Rob G. - HakakuNSX PAID
6. Rick H. - rherschberg PAID
7. Alex H. - rherschberg PAID
8. Paul T. - GO X PAID
9. Heidi T. - GO X PAID
10. James L. - awsomr1 PAID
11. Mindy L. - awsomr1 PAID
12. Kenny K. - Kay too PAID
13. Eric I. - akira3d PAID
14. Eric I. guest - akira3d PAID
15. David G. - gomaidy PAID
16. Randy C. - FuryNSX PAID
17. Ed C. - bambookid PAID
18. John P. - bambookids guest PAID
19. Chris W. - CDub PAID
20. Calvin P. - PoohBEAR PAID
21. Mark S. - NSX-Ster PAID
22. Conrad S. - POWERED by HONDA PAID
23. Troy B. - tbNSX PAID
24. David B. - BLACKMAN PAID
25. Steve K. - KRAMER PAID
26. Prospero C. - CKSPapa PAID
27. Maria C. - CKSPapa PAID
28. Mike M. - soupergreen125PAID
29. Mark C.- Mark911 PAID
30. John R. - ANYTIME PAID

Last edited:
Re: Karting @ K1 Speed - March 12th,11am -U pick, Gand Prix or LeMans Endurance!

Count me and my wife in.

James/Mindy

Re: Karting @ K1 Speed - March 12th @ 11am - Your choice, Grand Prix or LeMans Endurance!

Wohoo! Looking forward to this! :biggrin:

I'm game for either grand prix or endurance formats.

John, thanks in advance for your organizing efforts!

Re: Karting @ K1 Speed - March 12th @ 11am - Your choice, Grand Prix or LeMans Endurance!

I've asked the defending champion to join in, Ryan will certainly defend his Crown. GAME ON!!

Close to 10 already! Looks like the Grand Prix is the choice, so the poll will go away soon. Troy is working on the eatery and more info should be posted shortly. To get everyone going, below are some pics of our last get together at Dromo1 (the props once again to Randy)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

count me in!!! I vote for the Le Mans endurance race :biggrin: more bang for the buck!!!

Put me and my Son Alex down as tenative. :rolleyes:

I don't have the sports schedule for the kids yet :confused: . However, with the exception of a conflict there, we're in. I should know in a couple of weeks.

Great plan! this should be a blast! :biggrin:

Last edited:

i'm in!!!!!!!!!
same teams as last time? :biggrin:

HI John,

Please Count me in. As long as Randy or Gil promise not to crash me into any walls.

Rod

The list has been updated! Lunch plans coming in the next few days.
Take care,
John :wink:

john-
should we paypal the money over to you now or will we be paying at the door?

Hey John-

I'd love to join in if it's not too late!!!

Thanks,
Terry

PayPal sent 2-15-05. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

supergreen125 said:
john-
should we paypal the money over to you now or will we be paying at the door?

Payments will be made to me 3 weeks prior to the event. :biggrin:

John,
I have a buddy who would like to join with a date. Can he and his S.O. be added if there is room?

Byron + 1

Also, I don't know if I should mention this in the forum... but he doesn't drive and NSX... Is that OK? :wink:

But he used to, so maybe that makes up for it? :tongue:

Let me know,

UPDATE!!!

24 are already signed up!!!

Lunch is going to be Pizza, Caesar Salad and Soda.

Total cost is going to be $67 per person, which includes Grand Prix, trophies, lunch and some nsx raffle prizes. The easiest way for me to take payments is thru paypal. Please send $69 ($67 + $2 to cover paypals lovely fee of 3%) to my paypal address. If you have no paypal account and need to send a check, please PM for mailing details.

Payments need be sent out ASAP, as I need to send a deposit next week so they hold our time slot for us.

Back