• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Katie's Cars & Coffee (Saturday)

Katie's Cars and Coffee

katiesmay252.jpg

When: 6AM - 9AM every Saturday morning, year round, rain or shine
Where: 760 Walker Rd, Great Falls VA 22206

Katie's is a high end meet with quite literally millions of dollars of automotive finery on display. I enjoy the meet as a chance to see cars that you will likely never see in your lifetime outside of a museum. If you want to get a parking spot in the front rows, be prepared to arrive at or before 6AM as they fill up quickly. If you haven't ever been you owe it to yourself to stop in at least once. Don't be shy to ask questions of the owners, most people are very friendly and happy to let you get up close and personal with their treasured rides.

Last edited:
I'm heading there tomorrow morning (2013.3.23) after dropping my g/f off at Georgetown. As a result I'll be there probably towards the latter part of this meet; somewhere around 0915 to 0930hrs. It is supposed to be quite nice, but most of the warmth will be tomorrow afternoon (projected 54 degrees, no rain at all). A guy I met last time named James should be there in his red 1991 as well (license plate is the serial number of his car I believe).

If you like GT-Rs, then this weekend's Katie's may be right up your alley. The GT-R folks in this area are planning to upset the Irvine California group by outdoing their Invasion which had around 40 GT-Rs (neat photo of it here). So far, they claim to have around 60 ready to roll out but time will tell. I suspect they will need to get there PRETTY early to beat out the Ferrari guys for parking spots. Either way, may make for a fun outing.

If you want to avoid the gaggle of Godzillas, you can make the trek out to Hunt valley one year anniversary which is shaping up to be a much more diverse event. Rumor mill says there will be a helicopter overhead taking shots. The Andretti F1 car will be in attendance, which is a neat chance to get up close and personal with that machine.

Of course keep in mind that spring hasn't quite sprung, so its still pretty cold to drive around early morning :(

Last edited:
I'm going to Hunt Valley. I went to Katie's once and it was very cool, but I have to get up waaaay to early in the a.m. to get there.

I'm going to Hunt Valley. I went to Katie's once and it was very cool, but I have to get up waaaay to early in the a.m. to get there.

Are you bringing your NSX? I'm looking to pick up an NSX. I've wanted one for 10 years now (which is the last time I drove one) and I can't remember how well I fit into it. IT would be great to sit in the drivers seat again. PM me please.

I may go to the Hunt Valley meet tomorrow (3/30). It'll all depend on what time I wake up. If I can leave Alexandria by 7am, I'll do Hunt Valley. If I end up leaving by 8am, I'll do Katie's at Great Falls instead. If I wake up any later than that, then oh well. Next week haha

- - - Updated - - -

/yawn alright I'm up early enough. I'm doing Hunt Valley this morning instead of GTR-fest at Great Falls. Hope someone takes a lot of pics though.

This is the weekend we're planning to meet up before going to the Super NoVA meet at Pohanka. Greeaaaaat.

Last week (April 6) there were three NSXs: James in a red 92, Pete in a red 95, and mine, a purple 95. I am about 50% on the Katie's C&C lately, but will definitely be there this coming weekend, April 13. Should be a small handful of us.

I have to work this coming Saturday but I sending my wife over to take some professional pictures of the Veyron and some primers that wants some pictures of their car so make sure you polish those Xs. Nico

There will be about two hours between the end of Katie's C&C and the start of the meet at Pohanka. Any ideas for that gap? Breakfast somewhere? A short spirited drive between Great Falls and Chantilly? etc.?

17190_10101714716635968_739775061_n.jpg

559406_10101714717154928_898857860_n.jpg

558850_10101714716730778_916419755_n.jpg

544205_10101714716092058_1882315873_n.jpg

Road trip this weekend; I've been pretty busy lately but starting up again next week I'll be able to make both Katie's and Fair Lakes. Take pics!

Car is for sale. Might show with some signage...though sleep sounds really, really good.
Put me down as a maybe.

Last edited:
katiesmay252.jpg

Was a little chilly Saturday morning, but a nice selection of cars came out. I had an enjoyable ride there as I met a 1966 Porsche 911 on the road to Katies and followed him in the whole way. Spoke with the owner of the 911 for a bit, fascinating car.

Here are a few shots I took:

Nice classic ferrari

A few classic corvettes:

1951 Cunningham (very rare, very expensive car)

My wife's next car ;)

My car parked next to James, was just pure fortune that we had a spot together:

Just FYI, the classic ferrari in that photo is either a 1964/65 Series I 330 GT 2+2. About 500 of these cars were produced (450 LHD)

Last edited:
Back