• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KC car sold to fellow prime member

Hello friends.

I sold my beloved NSX last week to a fellow Prime member. It was a very difficult decision to let her go, but I decided to move on to a different direction. I just wanted to give many thanks to everyone in the KC area as well as everyone on this site for their invaluable expertise and advice.

The six years that I owned this amazing vehicle will be days I will never forget. I will also never forget all of the wonderful people I have met at various drives and car meets. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with you all again sometime in the future. Take care and stay safe!!

Sincerely,

John
'91 Red/Ivory (sold:frown:)

So, John, are you moving up to something more interesting? And did the car stay in the local area? Gary.

John, what made you decide to sell your NSX?

My NSX is in a storage unit and I don't see or drive it often. I was going to sell mine earlier this year. It is hard for me to own a rare car that is 20 years old and in as good of condition as mine. I always worry about it when I have it on the road. It is and will only be harder to find parts for and the maintenance and repair costs have been high. I took my car out of storage and went for a drive and had it parked in my garage where I could see it every day and I decided I couldn't sell it.

I am taking my NSX to another S2000 event simular to the one we were at in KC. It's november 6th in Eureka Springs, your welcome to ride shotgun, or if your driving something new come on down.

John

Hello everyone.

Gary, for now I am not planning on getting anything to replace the NSX. My oldest daughter just started the 10th grade last month, so I need to get more dedicated towards saving for her college education. I sold the car to a young guy who is in the Air Force based in Wichita. He lives in Washington state where he said he plans on registering it, therefore it is no longer in the KC area.

John, thanks for the invite to the S2000 meet in Eureka Springs. If I can find the time to come, I will be sure to PM you. I am glad you decided not to sell your car.

I still have this site bookmarked and check it a couple of times per week. Please keep me updated on any news concerning your cars. Who knows, maybe I'll get the itch again to find another NSX in the future.

Take care everyone!!!

John
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold:frown:)

Did i start something that has everyone selling in K.C. ? Me, Java John (almost thought about selling his), Beaknose, Tony, and now SSMS2000?:eek:

The nice thing about selling the car is the fast turn around time. I sold mine in less than 2-3 weeks.

I'm currently looking for something that comes in white 6 cylinder and AWD Twin Turbo...and doesn't look like godzilla. Waiting for the economy not to pop so i'm holding out for now.

Last edited:
How about the EVT 750 TT Porsche? Its what Angel is driving now.:eek: He lead us on the drive two weekends ago (Z car club). I was right behind him and it was like he had afterburners strapped to that thing. Just SCARY fast! Gary

he's trying to sell me that car Gary, are you the only one left from Prime in KC that hasn't sold? BTW-i have an extra NSX oil filter if you want it.

WELL, I just get here and parade has left! Hope I have as good a luck in selling my 1991 NSX as you had. But their is still the new 1998 to enjoy. Hope to see another local drive soon. JD

Sure, Joseph, I'll take it. Give me a call at 816-836-3773. And by the way, JD, you and I met a couple of weeks ago in Barnes and Noble. Don't worry, there are still a few of us around. Gary

Pete, did you sell it to someone local? And the new daily looks good. That's not the turbo model is it? Got me a new daily also, '08 San Marino Red Accord Coupe V6/6spd. with only 19K miles.

Last edited:
Pete, did you sell it to someone local? And the new daily looks good. That's not the turbo model is it? Got me a new daily also, '08 San Marino Red Accord Coupe V6/6spd. with only 19K miles.

Nope. She went to Orlando, FL! If you know anyone in need of an AP-X exhaust, though, I still have it and it's for sale at the moment!

Thanks for the compliment! It's not the turbo model; the 335 debuted with the newer body style.. Mine is an E46, which I actually prefer in terms of looks. Mine is the ZHP though, which means its got the Performance Package with a few extras here and there.

'08 is the newer body Accord, right? Those coupes are definitely sharp cars!

Yes, '08 is the first year of the new body style. So how much hp is it rated at?

Yes, '08 is the first year of the new body style. So how much hp is it rated at?

Only 235 hp. It has some minor upgrades, so you figure maybe 240 hp at absolute best. It's still decently quick, though. It's a lot like a "modern" E36 M3. Same amount of power, similar weight, reacts in a similar way when you throw it into a corner... It's kind of like an E46 M3 minus 90 hp. :D

Let me know when the next time you guy's go out. I would like to put together a video ect... Also still looking for another vehicle as well.

1991 FOR SALE here in Lee's Summit, MO!!! So close it must be worth a look? thanks JD cell 816-510-6406

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"> <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#efefef">[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif] Vehicle Specifics $25,000.00 obo
[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Year: 1991[/FONT]</td> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Make / Model: Other Sports Cars Other[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Mileage: 99000[/FONT]</td> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Title Status: Clear[/FONT]</td> </tr><tr> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Engine: 6 cyl. Transmission: Manual[/FONT]</td> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Exterior Color: BLACK[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Doors: 2[/FONT]</td> <td width="50%">[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Interior Color: BLACK LEATHER[/FONT]</td> </tr></tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#efefef">[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif] Vehicle Description[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ABOUT THIS NSX:

I HAVE A USA SHIPPING CONNECTION SO THAT IS LITTLE OR NO COST TO YOU!!!

'BEST OF ALL IT IS A HONDA'

ALL SERVICE UP TO DATE. No! ! ! issues, no disappointments, the best of a first year production NSX you will ever find. Always non-smoking owners, perfect CARFAX. HEMMINGS STOCK EXCHANGE-IMPORT COLLECTIBLES name the 1991-1996 ACURA NSX an "EXOTIC BARGAIN"

THIS NSX OPTIONS and EXTRAS:

Original window sticker and books, all 3 original keys including the titanium key, optional NSX keyless entry and fob, Drifz 505b Nos wheels, 17" front, 18" rear, 4 new tires, included also the original optional factory chrome wheels and caps, optional 6 CD changer, optional Zanardi NSX floor mats (3), custom stainless steel exhaust system by Silverline and also included the original exhaust for the folks needing to please the exhaust sniffers .

[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

It's cold day out there guys... but it warms my heart to log onto prime and tell you there is a 2000 still sitting in a heated garage in Overland Park.:biggrin:

Well Red/Ivory didn't go to far, thou it looks a bit different now.

How sad. I've spent my entire morning browsing the for sale section of Prime...

What the heck did I do, boys?!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144410

That in particular caught my eye. I searched the VIN and found it actually already has an accusump and a baffled oil pan for track use--something right up my alley. (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122497&highlight=JH4NA1154NT800050)

Sigh!

Pete...who's nsx is that? It's not one that somebody sold from K.C. that was repainted? but it has a new engine and tranny and worry's me. Also the miles are kinda high.

btw-will this one work for the next car?
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/233985-2007-997-gt3.html

Last edited:
Pete...who's nsx is that? It's not one that somebody sold from K.C. that was repainted? but it has a new engine and tranny and worry's me. Also the miles are kinda high.

btw-will this one work for the next car?
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/233985-2007-997-gt3.html

It was a random one that I saw on Prime. The new engine and tranny was a plus to me! :D When I was eyeballing it, I was looking for a track car.

I'm not 100% on the color of that GT3, but a GT3 is a GT3 nonetheless... pretty fantastic. (Can I please drive it when you get it? :D :D :D)

Back