• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kenwood DNX7120 no sound from DVD but radio works??

Anyone have any experience with this unit? DVD picture works but no sound through the speakers. Radio/iPod/Bluetooth works fine and has full audio output to speakers but no DVD or CD sound. Is there a setting in the head unit that is not set up properly?
The unit works on the bench but not in the car. I am using the SOS aftermarket to stock bose wiring interface.
Thanks to any audio experts out there in advance!!

I was pulling hair out for this same problem yesterday doing an install of a DDX812. I can confirm that splicing the blue/white with blue works to allow audio from more than just the radio on the DDX812! Unfortunately, this also forces the antenna up whenever there is power to the head unit for obvious reasons. For the time being, my solution of disconnecting the power antenna and relying upon DVD/USB drive music will have to do (plus I'm in Germany and the radio is terrible here).

This community is awesome, thanks again. If I can ever find the time, I'll be doing a short write up on my install as well. No promises just yet though!

Back