• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keyless entry question

I bought a used '96 NSX last year and just discovered it is equipped with the optional keyless entry module. I order a new transmitter from the dealer, but only the lock/unlock feature works. The panic button does nothing, nor does the car acknowledge in any way that it is locked. The dealer couldn't even tell how the features are supposed to work. Can anyone tell me how all the features are supposed to work? Any ideas on why nothing else is working? I've checked the fuse in the wiring harness and all the connections already.
Thanks.

I have a '92. To activate the panic feature, I believe you have to hold the button down for several seconds to activate. I don't believe the NSX has an audible chirp feature. You need to either listen for the locks or watch them. Also, if you unlock the car but don't open the driver door, it will re-lock in about 10 seconds. Either the driver door opening or turning the key in the ignition will prevent the auto re-lock. In other words, when using the keyless entry, don't open the passenger door, drop your keys and remote on the passenger seat, close the passenger door and walk around to get in the driver seat. Before you get there the car will re-lock with your keys and remote inside on the passenger seat.

Fritz

The NSX has no audible chirp or lights flash feature to show that the alarm is armed. Has anyone rigged the factory keyless system to chirp or flash lights?

Thanks for the info. After messing around with the system for awhile, I figured out the panic button won't arm for 15-20 seconds after the doors are locked.

[This message has been edited by tnstisser (edited 23 May 2002).]

Back