• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day at the Glen - July 20, 2006

Here is the info for the annual Kids' Day event at Watkins Glen on July 20th. This is for a great cause and all are welcome to attend. For those unfamiliar with the event, we will be taking "touring speed" laps of the track with kids who have to deal with living with cancer but who are always thrilled to have the opportunity to ride with us. Please post any questions and let us know if you are able to attend.

14th Annual Camp Good Days & Special Times
Mike Francesco's "Kids Day"

Thursday, July 20th

Sponsored by trackmasters, inc & Watkins Glen International

Proceeds from this Event help support the on-going efforts of the Camp Good Days and staff

Join the children and families of Camp Good Days & Special Times

Give rides to the kids, and then share in lunch and smiles.

TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
Drive the children around WGI's famous long course, then join us for Lunch.
(Must be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid state driver's license)

GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult ( 18 & over )
(children under 18 are free)

Contact trackmasters at (607) 734-4471 for reservations.

Last edited:
Re: Kids' Day at the Glen 2006

I'm there too, this is really a can't miss event, it really is more fun for us than the kids, just to see the smile on their faces is worth the trip. Come on NE, let's turn out big time!!!! Bob is going to treat everyone who comes to a Dogzilla ('cept me cause I only eat "vegzillas" and he doesn't condone them!!):eek:

RPM217 said:
Bob is going to treat everyone who comes to a Dogzilla ('cept me cause I only eat "vegzillas" and he doesn't condone them!!):eek:

Unfortunately there are no dogzillas in the area but traditionally we do go for ice cream after dinner on the night before and I will treat all NSXers who are not attending the school but who come up for Kids Day to the ice cream treat of their choice.

RSO 34 said:
Here is the info for the annual Kids' Day event at Watkins Glen on July 20th. This is for a great cause and all are welcome to attend. For those unfamiliar with the event, we will be taking "touring speed" laps of the track with kids who have to deal with living with cancer but who are always thrilled to have the opportunity to ride with us. Please post any questions and let us know if you are able to attend.

14th Annual Camp Good Days & Special Times
Mike Francesco's "Kids Day"

Wednesday, July 20th

Sponsored by trackmasters, inc & Watkins Glen International

Proceeds from this Event help support the on-going efforts of the Camp Good Days and staff

Join the children and families of Camp Good Days & Special Times

Give rides to the kids, and then share in lunch and smiles.

TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
Drive the children around WGI's famous long course, then join us for Lunch.
(Must be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid state driver's license)

GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult ( 18 & over )
(children under 18 are free)

Contact trackmasters at (607) 734-4471 for reservations.
Alright Bob, when is Kids Day, the 20th of July is a Thursday, and that's traditionally when it's been? Sooo I just called Trackmaster's and they have the answering machine on....Bob, a little help here before I reserve a room for the wrong night!!!:confused:

This year is on a Thursday (it has been on wednesdays previously) and we will be coming home later that day so you will need a room for Wednesday night only if you are coming up just for the kids.

I've reserved with Trackmasters and with the Lodge (Wednesday night), Bob can I get the no-fat yougurt instead of ice cream?:biggrin:

RPM217 said:
I've reserved with Trackmasters and with the Lodge (Wednesday night), Bob can I get the no-fat yougurt instead of ice cream?:biggrin:

If they have it, you can get it but you must eat all your dinner first.

RSO 34 said:
If they have it, you can get it but you must eat all your dinner first.
Deal, and do you want your no-fat granola bar for Sunday????:eek: :cool: :biggrin:

RPM217 said:
Deal, and do you want your no-fat granola bar for Sunday????:eek: :cool: :biggrin:

What part of "chocolate frosted (preferably with rainbow sprinkles) dunkin donut" did you fail to comprehend?

RSO 34 said:
What part of "chocolate frosted (preferably with rainbow sprinkles) dunkin donut" did you fail to comprehend?
No hablo Ingles, que dice amigo???:cool:

We should do something like this on the west coast. :smile:

You don't need an NSX to attend. Last year I showed up with my Miata and I had a good time. It is always good to see you guys even though I no longer have an NSX. (and probably won't for awhile). I am working on making it again this year.

I'll be there, unfortunately this year I'll be up without Karen. Having a 2 seater and a baby leaves us no option besides taking 2 cars which is too difficult :(

jadkar said:
I'll be there, unfortunately this year I'll be up without Karen. Having a 2 seater and a baby leaves us no option besides taking 2 cars which is too difficult :(
You can always send Karen and Nicholas!!!
Just kidding, trailer the car and all 3 of you can come. Afterall, who takes the best pictures of us..........Karen of course:biggrin:

Just booked my room at the Lodge!! See you guys then :)

Sounds like a fun and great event
I will try to see if I could get 300ZX guys to join in. I will post this one too to out forum twinturbo.net. TY

I have freed up some time to play for the 20th yippe.BTW what hotels are folks staying at?

docjohn said:
I have freed up some time to play for the 20th yippe.BTW what hotels are folks staying at?

My usual, the Longhouse. That seems to be the flavor of the month for the earlybirds.

I'm booked at Longhouse

This is where we usually stay. Up Route 14 from The Glen on Lake Senaca. 607-535-2565.

See you guys then!

People should know you don't need an NSX, Porsche or such to do this. A convertible helps. I will be in my Miata again this year.

docjohn said:

Doc, it's been too long..... it will be nice to say hey :)

what i'll do for ice cream.....

BUMP...2 weeks away!!!
and i'm go for the event.
will be @ da lodge.:biggrin:
images

wheredoesicecreamcomefrom_1.jpg

Bob I must ask! What is "dogzilla"? Hope your Bday was a blast.

coolnsx said:
Bob I must ask! What is "dogzilla"? Hope your Bday was a blast.

A "dogzilla" is a ginormous hot dog at Fuddruckers. Goes well with the 1/2 burger, fries, onion rings and a vanilla shake.

I'm interested in doing a similar event here in the DC area. I've been in touch w/ the Ronald McDonald House, but haven't gotten very far with my info gathering so far. Did you do this w/ a charity? Tell me about the insurance/liability issues. I need a mentor in putting this together. :)

Back