• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day Dinner - July 14, 2009

We are trying to arrange a group dinner the night before the Kids' Day event at the Glen. Last year we were going to have the dinner at the Glenora Winery about 10 minutes from downtown Watkins Glen. I am working with the catering department to see if we can get a comparable menu and pricing as last year.

Please RSVP in this thread about attending the dinner including letting us know if you will be bringing a guest/guests. We are trying to arrange the dinner for Tuesday evening, July 14, at 7:00 pm.

Even if the Winery is unable to accommodate us, we will be having a group dinner somewhere that evening so please RSVP asap so we have a head count and ensure that the ultimate destination will be able to handle us a group.

1. RSO 34
2. DocJohn
3. Poohkie
4. The Don
5. Pbassjo
6. Pbassjanet
7. RPM217
8. Tytus
9. KingKong
10. Fay Wray
11. Peter Mills
12. My RBSIL
13. Larry B
14. Sunshine Bastanza
15. Gary Sommer
16. Frank Tuhy
17. Jan Tuhy
18. Ryan
19. Katie
20. Doc Bling
21. Bob Maurer
22. The Original The Don

Last edited:
You all know that I'm there, the only bad thing is that I was planning on being a +1 with my sales assistant, but she's no longer with us, having passed away this past Monday. Using this, I ask that all of you who have given thought to attending this event, look at some of Bob's pictures from years past and help put a smile on a kid's face this year and join us for the event and dinner!!!

...... look at some of Bob's pictures from years past and help put a smile on a kid's face this year ....

This is why we do this............

174475772_VLTJu-L.jpg

174486989_Zsbue-L.jpg

174487019_kdL3f-L.jpg

82997251_ixhLs-L.jpg

82997268_wcLPp-L.jpg

82997290_BxmPA-L.jpg

167749912_gCTuw-X3-1.jpg

174475829_ffVLc-L.jpg

I'll be joining y'all for dinner. At this point I am solo, I don't think my better half will make it due to work commitments, but I'll repost if she can.

Roger, I am very sorry for your loss.

See everyone there.

Tytus

Andrea and I will be there. Please add us to the list. Thanks!

Roger,
I am very sorry for your loss.

Simon

Hey Bob, Sorry I can't make the dinner as I will be driving down the day of. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
The Hawk

The Glenora is happy to host our group again this year on Tuesday, July 14, at 7:00 pm. In consideration of our involvement with the campers, the winery has agreed to waive the "package pricing" requirement for catering large groups as well as provide us with the private side of the main dining room at no extra charge.

Dress would be casual but we would ask that it not be jeans/shorts/t-shirts.

Here is the menu:

1. Veraisons Green Salad
Organic greens, toasted almonds, and spring leek vinaigrette

2. Choice of one of the following entrees:
a) Stuffed Chicken Breast
Stuffed with asparagus and roasted peppers, sliced new potatoes, and brown butter sage sauce

b) Pan Seared Farm Raised Salmon
Lentil ragout, smoked tomato coulis, and black olive tomato relish

c) Certified Black Angus Ribeye
Mashed potatoes, vegetable medley, and port wine demi glace

3. Dessert - Chocolate Molten Cake

4. Coffee/Decaf/Teas

Peter Mills, our Northeast NSXCA Rep, is arranging for the Club to subsidize part of the dinner for our Members. We anticipate that the cost may be approximately $50 per person but not including wine/drinks which we would ask that you keep a separate tab for. The food will be on one check which I will take care of and ask that you have either cash or a check handy after the dinner for you and your guest/guests so that I don't have to run around collecting the funds at the track. Between the NSXCA subsidy and Glenora kindly agreeing to waive certain usual fees, each member is saving approximately $25.

If anyone has dietary requirements, please let me know so I can contact the restaurant to ensure that they are aware of it in advance.

Last edited:
Carla and I will be there and hopefully the original Don. Please let the restaurant know that my diet requires me to have an extra large portion of chocolate cake.

We are trying to arrange a group dinner the night before the Kids' Day event at the Glen. Last year we were going to have the dinner at the Glenora Winery about 10 minutes from downtown Watkins Glen. I am working with the catering department to see if we can get a comparable menu and pricing as last year.

Please RSVP in this thread about attending the dinner including letting us know if you will be bringing a guest/guests. We are trying to arrange the dinner for Tuesday evening, July 14, at 7:00 pm.

Even if the Winery is unable to accommodate us, we will be having a group dinner somewhere that evening so please RSVP asap so we have a head count and ensure that the ultimate destination will be able to handle us a group.

1. RSO 34
2. DocJohn
3. Poohkie
4. The Don
5. Pbassjo
6. RPM217
7. Tytus
8. KingKong
9. Fay Wray
10. Peter Mills
11. My RBSIL
12. Larry B
13. Gary Sommer

my wife and i would like to attend (ryan and katie)

and if im right anatoly wants to go to so pm him

14] jalnjr
15] jonnie's girl [maybe...]

Just a little (speed) bump to get this back on top.

I need to finalize the reservation this week so please confirm here if you plan on attending the dinner.

amazingly enough still going!!!

Don ,,whats up with the roll eyes:confused:Don't be dissing us.:wink:

Don ,,whats up with the roll eyes:confused:Don't be dissing us.:wink:

I saw that too and then realized he is just cranky because he is retaining water. Nothing major, just a monthly thing with him. That's what happens when guys are in touch with their feminine side.

Lol ,I forgot Don's Ying was as big as his Yang:eek:

sorry, dana has to work thru that time and cannot attend.
our loss:frown:

Last chance bump. I need to confirm the head count with the restaurant by tonight.

And other than Roger and Janet, if anyone else has any special dietary requirements speak now or forever hold your peas.......

Back