• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day Dinner July 26 - RSVP HERE

It looks like we will be doing our own group dinner this year the evening before Kids' Day and I am trying to book the winery as we had in the past. Since the date is quickly approaching, we need to get a head count ASAP so please respond in this thread if you are coming up for dinner that Tuesday evening at approximately 7:00pm and whether you are bringing a guest.

1. RSO34
2. RJD1022
3. RJD1022 Guest
4. DocJohn
5. Peter Mills
6. The Lovely Sylvia Mills
7. The Don
8. Poohkie
9. The Original The Don
10. RPM217
11. Tytus
12. Gary Sommer
13. Passline
14. LarryB
15. Frank Tuhy
16. Jan Tuhy
17. Pbassjo

Last edited:
As noted above, yes I will definitely be there, and encourage all who can make this trip, that's it's a most worthy cause!!!!

I'll be there but am a count of one...

Tytus

I have been able to secure the restaurant at the Glenora Winery again for our dinner.

www.glenora.com

They have agreed to work with us again to get the best pricing rather than the usual group pricing that would be higher for a group of our size. We will be able to select from 3 entrees and I would include a salad, dessert as well as coffee/tea in the pricing. Alcohol is an extra that each would be responsible for.

I am considering a choice of a fish, chicken and pasta for the three entrees and just wanted to make sure that is agreeable to the group. If there are any special dietary requirements (yes, Roger, I always take care of you) I would need to know in advance to arrange for the chef to do something separate.

Alchohol not included, it looks like it could run approximately $55-60 per person and we are looking into whether we can utilize some regional funding to cut the cost down for club members. However, there is no guarantee of that.

Please let me know as soon as possible if this is acceptable and whether anyone has dietary requirements to be made known to the chef.

Last edited:
Do they have a dress code,,,,,,,,you know Gary....:wink:

Yes. a/k/a "The Gary Rule"

i-d7Z4KPC-L.jpg

And now to actually answer the question........

Dress is casual but jeans/shorts/t-shirts should be avoided if possible.

I guess that means that Gary can wear a dress!!!

You had better take my dietary needs into consideration, or you'll never be allowed to even sit in the Ford!!!!!

What no hooved baby animals are offered? In all honesty $55-$60 for pasta is a bit steep unless they are offering shaved truffles on the pasta. Maybe those ordering pasta can get an additional break.

In any case it all sounds great and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bob thanks for organizing the dinner. It was really great the last time we were there. BTW Glenora Wiery makes a really terrific port.

Tytus

The three entrees I suggested are all priced at $23-24. You can check their menu for descriptions although there will be a menu change for the summer. The salad is generally $6-7 and dessert/coffee is $7. Add tax and tip and that is where the approximate cost is derived. Steak entrees are priced at approximately $10 higher and drive up the costs for all since it is impractical to try to whack up a group bill by asking everyone what they had there and try to get a fair count for all. It just makes more sense to pick three similarly priced entrees unless there is strong support by a larger portion of the group wanting steak.

And the approximation of 55-60 is most likely 8-10 higher than the actual cost but I have found it is always better to estimate higher than lower so nobody gets sticker shock. And I used the shrimp cappelini pasta dish as the highest priced pasta entree to make it priced equivalently to the chicken and salmon just as an example but the menu for us has not been chosen yet. Just trying to use examples off the current menu that avoid resulting in some subsidizing more expensive entrees for others.

As for jeans, they are not prohibited but this is a nicer place than we generally dine at when we go to the glen for track days and I was just trying to suggest that we try to "clean ourselves up" a tad bit more than we usually do so we don't scare off the civilians dining around us. :tongue:

Last edited:
That explains it. When you listed pasta I thought it was a bowl of spaghetti for the vegetarians amongst us. That said I don't mind eating fish if it helps the group...unless they would do a surcharge like for alcohol for the steak eaters; jut a thought, if it is possible.

Either way it all sounds good. Can't wait.

Tytus

I must of missed it but where is the link for Trackmaster's application for Kid's Day?

dat's "goomba":biggrin:

delete
no ...
edit
no...
spell check
no ...
delete
wabbit season, duck season, wabbitt season, duckseason, wabbit season, duck season:biggrin:

Last edited:
gumby+Joe= gumba

Back