• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Killed a E92 (V-8) M3 last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is an excellent question and I appreciate your asking for dialogue. I can't speak for others, but I'll be pleased to provide my personal insight. First, I think we can all agree the demography has changed drastically. The early owners purchased a NSX for $80,000 to perhaps $100,000. (The first NSX was sold at Gold Coast Acura in Oxnard, California. There were two guys with their check books, and the car went for $120,000 according to the people at Gold Coast.) Now we see threads asking how to finance a $20,000 NSX. I don't mean to imply that's a bad thing. It's just a different thing. I've been a member since 2003, but I owned a NSX when I lived in Europe and didn't know about NSX Prime at that time. So, I've owned a NA1 and now have a NA2.

Steve (steveny) called me today and we spoke for about an hour. We talk to one another three or four times a week. Hal (queenlives) called me yesterday because I donated some bees in his name to a charity (heiferinternational.org). Hal and I have been having lunch together for quite a while now. Same with Ken (Chopsjazz). Ken has over 10,000 posts and has contributed an incredible amount of information and knowledge to this site, but now spends little time here.

I can't tell you how many members of Prime have been to my house. During my illness, my phone rang off the hook with members asking me what I needed or what they could do for me. I've receive countless PM's from Prime members saying they were going to be in San Francisco and asking to get together for a drink or dinner. When I lived in North Carolina and before moving back to San Francisco, D'Ecosse used to call me while commuting in the Bay Area, and we had a great relationship because he was Scottish and my then wife was Scottish as well. He contributed invaluable information regarding sound systems. Because I now live in San Francisco again, my car is parked six floors below ground and I can't work on it in the garage. I've had members come to my house, exchange cars and take my car to their house to install my NSX-S suspension, paint my brake callipers, etc. for me. When I offer payments, they really become insulted. I just give them a bottle of wine or buy them lunch and all is OK.

Is this starting to paint a picture? NSX Prime was much more than a car site. It was an extremely tight community of friends. We really knew one another and liked one another. I think we had serious concerns about things like "street racing." We took our cars to the track.

Steve and I were talking about the birth of their second child this evening. It was not only a part of a community, but a real connection. It was more than a "car community." We knew on another and we cared about one another.

Now go back and read the thread. See any disparaging remarks about me as a person? See anything about me as being "holier than tho?" when I didn't mention any one? See a snide remark about the age of women I date? See when those members became members (2009, 2008 and 2010) Oh, now there is a new one...

See how members like it when someone "stirs the pot" but take exception when I "stir the pot" about grammar? And quite honestly, there weren't grammar lapses. And, I couldn't help but point out how a person that has a master's degree couldn't spell it.

There wasn't hostility in the past. There wasn't the vitriolic posts in the past. In the past, this was FAR beyond a car forum. It was cars, friends, family, concerns, thoughts, etc. and that's what made it special. Look at the "off topic" number of threads versus the others.

Thank you for asking the question, and I hope it answers it from my prospective.

Good post. BUT.............. I talk to just as many members as you do and have had a great time with members from all states when i pass through, I have pictures from all my times with others all over the country, from Ross(Stmpo) to Alum4org in Michigan and Steveny in NY. SJS(steve schiffler), Ddozier(dave) and Matteni(Nick Matteni) had more informative post than FUNKY STEVENY(j/k:smile:), but they aren't judging others, they just look and post where they fit in. Its still the same theme, people just seem a little more irritable than years before. Primers here get scolded about everything from drag racing to wheel choices, and for what? Seriously, for what??? Its a 14 year old car. I think there have been more contributors to nsxprime than you named, especially in the last 4 years. I spend most of my internet time on nsxprime, checking threads, looking for pics and supporting our vendors because i still love the nsx and like nsxprime. Spreading my dislikes about bat's post or threads isn't gonna do anything, but hype up somebody else that doesn't like it. So whats the end result of that?????????

When i go to the mall and i see a pair of shoes in a store i don't like, i just don't look at or buy those shoes. The store has all kinds of shoes, but i buy what I like. I don't scold the management about the new or different choice of shoes they are selling, its not my store. But if i like the store i try to support it and the stuff i like, i leave the stuff i don't like to the people that like it. Continuing to post what your version of something should be is selfish and its spreads, to add no value to anything.
Im not pointing YOU out, i do enjoy your post and hope that we can meet one day. To the older members posting the same old poison(THE SITE HAS GONE DOWNHILL!!!!) makes one look old and selfish. People keep saying the site has changed, hasn't everything changed a little? Well the homepage is behind but hey, it ain't my site!:biggrin: But there have been good and bad, try to be positive and remain part of the good.

USE THIS:smile: attitude INSTEAD OF THIS:mad: attitude. Prime is STILL about cars, family, concerns and thoughts......really it is.:biggrin: So am I. Peace OG's!:biggrin:

Last edited:
A lot of BMW drivers are asses, that's a given...

Just FYI, if you are going to run into an SC'd E92 M3, odds are you are going up against an ESS supercharger which puts out 575 HP or more rather easily and that power can hook up well. Not easy to beat them with a modded NSX.

What does it really matter though? You can make a Ford Pinto faster in a straight line...

I am looking up their website now. Thanks for the head up.
Have you seen this one:

Batman and Scarecrow 2-pack

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=542

1b12880933274cc6be8fcfef0.jpg
11b12880934784cc6bf2694bce.jpg

"Off Topic". It's where this kind of thread belongs and when people go here they should expect to find and different kind of feel to this site. It's where people that have a passion for the NSX express themselves on other subjects.

Here is where you find out if the folks that love the same car as you are like minded on other matters as well. It should be no surprise that you'll find yourself uncomfortable with someone because you begin to find out more about them. Liking the car does not necessarily mean that you will like everyone who owns one. For example, you may like a particular baseball team and sit next to a person in the stands rooting away but when the games is over not want to be anywhere near them outside that arena.

I find this not new at all. There are many folks I have met along the way in person that I like being around as long as it's about the car. Get one step beyond that and I cringe being with some. Sometimes it just gets better.

When the topic is NSX it should be fine. When it moves to other subjects, yeah, you're going to find out that you may really like or dislike the rest of the person.

That's why it's "Off Topic".
Now go count your money, play with your dolls, have your mom do some laundry, fly your airplane, or have a Coke and a smile and....

Last time I've seen a forum were conservatives (old timers) and reformers (newbies) clash, the forum split into 3 groups. 2 of them went to form other sites.

From what I've noticed is that people that pay high $$$ for a newer nsx don't modfy their nsx to the extent of BATMANs, for example. this leads me to belive that they are not really richer, but may want to keep their cars close to stock and not interested in hauling ass at the next level.

Hanging out at the supper table waiting for breakfast is fine as long as everyone sitting at the table wants breakfast too.

Last time I've seen a forum were conservatives (old timers) and reformers (newbies) clash, the forum split into 3 groups. 2 of them went to form other sites.

From what I've noticed is that people that pay high $$$ for a newer nsx don't modfy their nsx to the extent of BATMANs, for example. this leads me to belive that they are not really richer, but may want to keep their cars close to stock and not interested in hauling ass at the next level.

Long time members are conservative? New members are reformers? In what way? By the mods, or lack of, on their cars?
Seems to me Alex who started the NSXCA and Lud who started this site both had superchargers and mods way back when. They'd be old timers.
Do you think you are a reformer? If so how? What reforms have you to offer that are so drastic from what others have done? :confused:

Last edited:
Edit: I just realized that this is thread about street racing. For some reason I was making a reply to both this thread and the thread about the Patron drinking video topic lol... man this has gone off a big tangent. That's prime for you :D I deleted my post since it doesn't relate.

Last edited:
Why is it that every time I respond to you, it's about your bad grammer?

See..it's. Not its.:rolleyes:

Doug, doug doug....

You'd think when chastising someone else's "grammar"....

you'd spell the damn word right. :biggrin:

carry on.....

I think that is an excellent question and I appreciate your asking for dialogue. I can't speak for others, but I'll be pleased to provide my personal insight. First, I think we can all agree the demography has changed drastically. The early owners purchased a NSX for $80,000 to perhaps $100,000. (The first NSX was sold at Gold Coast Acura in Oxnard, California. There were two guys with their check books, and the car went for $120,000 according to the people at Gold Coast.) Now we see threads asking how to finance a $20,000 NSX. I don't mean to imply that's a bad thing. It's just a different thing. I've been a member since 2003, but I owned a NSX when I lived in Europe and didn't know about NSX Prime at that time. So, I've owned a NA1 and now have a NA2.

Steve (steveny) called me today and we spoke for about an hour. We talk to one another three or four times a week. Hal (queenlives) called me yesterday because I donated some bees in his name to a charity (heiferinternational.org). Hal and I have been having lunch together for quite a while now. Same with Ken (Chopsjazz). Ken has over 10,000 posts and has contributed an incredible amount of information and knowledge to this site, but now spends little time here.

I can't tell you how many members of Prime have been to my house. During my illness, my phone rang off the hook with members asking me what I needed or what they could do for me. I've receive countless PM's from Prime members saying they were going to be in San Francisco and asking to get together for a drink or dinner. When I lived in North Carolina and before moving back to San Francisco, D'Ecosse used to call me while commuting in the Bay Area, and we had a great relationship because he was Scottish and my then wife was Scottish as well. He contributed invaluable information regarding sound systems. Because I now live in San Francisco again, my car is parked six floors below ground and I can't work on it in the garage. I've had members come to my house, exchange cars and take my car to their house to install my NSX-S suspension, paint my brake callipers, etc. for me. When I offer payments, they really become insulted. I just give them a bottle of wine or bought them lunch and all is OK.

Is this starting to paint a picture? NSX Prime was much more than a car site. It was an extremely tight community of friends. We really knew one another and liked one another. I think we had serious concerns about things like "street racing." We took our cars to the track.

Steve and I were talking about the birth of their second child this evening. It was not only a part of a community, but a real connection. It was more than a "car community." We knew one another and we cared about one another.

Now go back and read the thread. See any disparaging remarks about me as a person? See anything about me as being "holier than tho?" when I didn't mention any one? See a snide remark about the age of women I date? See when those members became members (2009, 2008 and 2010) Read the one that says this is a car thread and grammar doesn't matter? To me, that's like a lack of pride. Why doesen't it matter. Isn't this a different type of car site? Oh, now there is a new one...

See how members like it when someone "stirs the pot" but take exception when I "stir the pot" about grammar? And quite honestly, there weren't grammar lapses in the past. And, I couldn't help but point out how a person that has a master's degree couldn't spell it.

There wasn't hostility in the past. There wasn't the vitriolic posts in the past. In the past, this was FAR beyond a car forum. It was cars, friends, family, concerns, thoughts, etc. and that's what made it special. Look at the "off topic" number of threads versus the others.

Thank you for asking the question, and I hope it answers it from my prospective.

I can't believe you took the socieconomic elitist attitude to start this post off.

Secondly - it's perspective, Doug. perspective

Oh- gotta go....Steve's calling me. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you took the socieconomic elitist attitude to start this post off.

Secondly - it's perspective, Doug. perspective

Oh- gotta go....Steve's calling me. :rolleyes:

"Socioeconomic elitist attitude?" And if you want to throw stones, it's "socioeconomic" not "socieconomic."

Person asked a question and I tried to answer it from my perspective. And this is what you came away with? :confused:

Thanks for your contribution.

"last time I've seen a forum were conservatives (old timers) and reformers (newbies) clash, the forum split into 3 groups. 2 of them went to form other sites." Batmans --- i would greatly appreciate it if you would start another site

"From what I've noticed is that people that pay high $$$ for a newer nsx don't modfy their nsx to the extent of BATMANs, for example. this leads me to belive that they are not really richer, but may want to keep their cars close to stock and not interested in hauling ass at the next level." --- the demographic for an original owner was 96% male and average income of 300K -- hondas data not mine.

-- as posted above many old timers took a nsx they purchased new (not for 20K) and modified the heck out of it
-Len 3.8
-SCS
-Alex V -
-Danny Young -- 1000 hp nsx that he is the original owner
-etc etc.

The problem i have with Batmans is alot of the time you quite simply don't know what your talking about but that never stops you from posting

"Socioeconomic elitist attitude?" And if you want to throw stones, it's "socioeconomic" not "socieconomic.".

Thanks. Since I'm the self proclaimed spelling and grammar nazi. Maybe my master's degree is wasted paper, too. Maybe I should just give up everything and get a job selling speakers at Best Buy since my IQ isn't up to par for my current position. Hell, maybe i'll just quit working altogether since according to Doug Trigg- working at a low paying job is now shameful. :rolleyes:

Person asked a question and I tried to answer it from my perspective. And this is what you came away with? :confused:

Yep. Your "PERSPECTIVE" was shortsighted, elitist and offensive. Hell, I'm surprised you didn't get on your soapbox about folks like me who have moved on from their lowly second hand NSX's but still frequent the site.

Thanks for your contribution.

You sir, are welcome. :smile: Hope you're enjoying that Social Security money that my low paying job funds.

Last edited:
"last time I've seen a forum were conservatives (old timers) and reformers (newbies) clash, the forum split into 3 groups. 2 of them went to form other sites." Batmans --- i would greatly appreciate it if you would start another site

"From what I've noticed is that people that pay high $$$ for a newer nsx don't modfy their nsx to the extent of BATMANs, for example. this leads me to belive that they are not really richer, but may want to keep their cars close to stock and not interested in hauling ass at the next level." --- the demographic for an original owner was 96% male and average income of 300K -- hondas data not mine.

-- as posted above many old timers took a nsx they purchased new (not for 20K) and modified the heck out of it
-Len 3.8
-SCS
-Alex V -
-Danny Young -- 1000 hp nsx that he is the original owner
-etc etc.

The problem i have with Batmans is alot of the time you quite simply don't know what your talking about but that never stops you from posting

Don't u think I was being sarcastic? Think about my response the the audience.

Ur smucking fart.

Lowell is standing next to me so I'm aware of him being an original owner.

^ REALLY

-- so all of the friends of Batmans the above is a prime example of who you are associating with and a reflection on you.

-- a moron that is a street racer

-- someone that actually thinks people looking at f cars and p cars are cross shopping pontiac GTO's

-- someone that doesn't know what he's talking about, but posts anyway and when he is wrong, he claims sarcasm and starts the name calling.

I expected so much more!!

Jack,

i agree with you. I am not bashing new members and really not trying to bash batmans!
i have nothing personally against him. I see that he likes to upset people so i would guess if wouldn't bother him as this is what he wants.

Regardless, life is too short and I certainly am not looking to create enemies.

We just had a 20year old win the Daytona 500!!

Jack I reread that thread about the patron chugger,and to my eye you drew first blood post # 48 making the broad statement about us old timers having the same old thought patterns...you kinda tilted the discussion away from the op and his video to include all of us narrow minded og's...do you see that?

Jack,

i agree with you. I am not bashing new members and really not trying to bash batmans!
i have nothing personally against him. I see that he likes to upset people so i would guess if wouldn't bother him as this is what he wants.

Regardless, life is too short and I certainly am not looking to create enemies.

We just had a 20year old win the Daytona 500!!
Don't watch Nascar but if you watch F1, I would be more than happy to discuss the up coming season with you in the 2011 F1 thread. Oh and please post more pics of your car...its PURE SEX. :biggrin:
Jack I reread that thread about the patron chugger,and to my eye you drew first blood post # 48 making the broad statement about us old timers having the same old thought patterns...you kinda tilted the discussion away from the op and his video to include all of us narrow minded og's...do you see that?
John - Almost every single member jumped on the OP in that thread, including Dtrigg, Chopsjazz, VampNSX, etc...and bashed the poor guy.

This is the same thing as the 'pure sex' movement. Tons of the old timers hangin onto their practicality thought patterns and not seein what the vid was meant for, pure sex...errr i mean pure entertainment.

If its not your cup of tea (wasn't entertaining), than exit to the left. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Expain to me where in my comment above is there any negative connotation about ' practical thought patterns'? I would think many of you would consider it a compliment to be thought of in such a manner. It's that same practical thinking that didn't allow the majority of the posters in that thread to see the reason he posted it up in the first place (for entertainment purposes). I never once stated anything negative towards the 'old timers'.

I cannot fathom how my comments above would warrant the response garnered from Dtrigg. The guy brings these situations upon himself and for many of the 'OG's to protect such a member is beyond me.

Again my interpretation, but the message that Dtrigg was trying to make is simply the observation that in the present we now have mass media that can instantly record and upload to the world any and everything as it happens with thier phone,thus everyone is capable of being a film producer directer/actor ect...something we did not have as 20/30 somethings depending on age.Now the concept of this slippery slope is valid, your stance is that it is all free game ,pure entertainment ect...and it is..but Dtriggs observation is also true:that the constant barrage of stupid youtube stunts perpetuates itself / in essence dares others to top that,and worse validates and or justifies repeat behavior.I am one of those who is concearned with the folks that don't have thier sh#t together enough to know what is "pure entertainment" as you obviously do and those who will f%$k up themselves and others based on the pseudo reality of the internet....

Attachments

• bananna boy.jpg
    bananna boy.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back