• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Konig Deception test fit on my NSX split 6 spoke like Advan AVS Model 5

I got some new wheels for my beater and I decided to test fit them on the NSX first to see how they look. They are the Konig Deceptions, a blend of Model 5 and Wedsport's accent cues. Specs are:

17x7.5 +45 weighing in at ~17 lbs with 205/40/17

18x9 +35 weighing in at ~24 lbs (slightly less than) with 225/30/18

I had been looking for the Advan model 5 style for a long time and stumbled upon these and they are very similar. I am actually quite pleased with the rear concavity of the wheel design and the weight is not that bad considering the price (less than $1100 for the whole package put on). Anyways, here are some quick pics:

konigconcave.jpg

konigconcave2.jpg

konigconcave3.jpg

nsxqt1.jpg

nsxdec1.jpg

nsxft1.jpg

and this is how it looks on my beater car:

MR2Deception.jpg

oOoOo those are pretty cool. I like how the sides of the spokes have that silver or white stripe. I bet they look sweet when the wheels are in motion. Also, your beater is an MR2? You just cant stay away from mid engine imports huh? lol I loved my MR2 and miss it very much. I guess you were kind of like me and asked yourself the question "Ok whats the next best thing?" but you were smart and kept yours.

Last edited:
Midship madness! Not a bad little collection of cars :biggrin:

Uh, those look identical to the Wedssports. But the Wed's don't have 17" :eek:

5169808292_088c21baaf_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they are identical to the SA-60M, except heavier and it appears Konig pushed for more concavity. I didn't realize this before purchasing, but it makes no difference. I am thoroughly happy with my choice. The wheels matches the motif of the MR2 very well.

Yes I paid less than $1100 for wheels and tires, mounted and balance with hubrings and spline kit. This was acheived by getting cheap kumhos in thinner, popular sizes. It took a little bit of sourcing, but discountiredirect had most of what I needed. I had to source the 18x9 from a different vendor. If dtd had them in stock, it would have been even cheaper!

And thanks, I do have midship feva lol. My next sports car must be mid-engine also!

Beautiful wheels! I wonder if these wheels can clear stoptech bbk or come in offsets that clear stoptech?

Last edited:
Wow that is definately bang for the buck wheels. I like the style. I think with some spacers they would look quite aggressive.

Most places should be able to powdercoat these rims in any color you want for a good price, considering the wheels were inexpensive to begin with. The 18/19 set would be more aggressive, but I personally like the cost and performance of 17/18 better.

The 17/18 combo as-is could use 15/20 or 20/25 mm spacers for front/back to be super aggressive if you are dumped. They actually make a 18x9 +15, but I am not sure if the 17x7.5 come in lower offset

ahh crap.....I was pretty much set on my next wheel choice and then you post these sweet wheels at a sweet price......now I feel like I have to completely reevaluate my decision.......hmmmmmmm

Not to be a party pooper, but not a big fan of the quality of Konig wheels. I had a civic in my college days that came with Konigs. Bent EVERY wheel from very minor potholes, not to mention flaking. It was evident the casting or choice of metal used was very poor. I can't comment on these specifically, but just a heads up.

I haven't had any issues yet, knock on wood and I have hit some serious potholes already since it's on my daily driver. I do have the tires up to about 44 psi for the front and 40 psi for the rear tho...

Back