• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V-3's

Just recieved the KW v3 in the mail that I ordered through Coz. Easy transaction and one hell of a price. Thank you Coz, cant wait to get the bad boys on and dailed in.

My pleasure....Let us know what you think of them after getting them dialed in.

Just recieved the KW v3 in the mail that I ordered through Coz. Easy transaction and one hell of a price. Thank you Coz, cant wait to get the bad boys on and dailed in.

Having driven about 350 miles with the new setup, I can say the V3's are a huge improvement over my 14 year old stock shocks and Eibach springs. The ride is firm yet controlled and I'm no longer hitting the bump stops on all the bumps. (I should have done this 2 years ago). I installed the V3's using the recommended settings and preset ride height and could not be happier.

Thanks Jim for the ultra-quick shipping which allowed me to participate in comfort on the Mt Palomar drive this last weekend. :smile:

My pleasure...

Having driven about 350 miles with the new setup, I can say the V3's are a huge improvement over my 14 year old stock shocks and Eibach springs. The ride is firm yet controlled and I'm no longer hitting the bump stops on all the bumps. (I should have done this 2 years ago). I installed the V3's using the recommended settings and preset ride height and could not be happier.

Thanks Jim for the ultra-quick shipping which allowed me to participate in comfort on the Mt Palomar drive this last weekend. :smile:

I check on their website they never made Competitions for nsx

Well I have them, and so does the FXMD NSX, so obviously they did. They are are made special order only. That's probably why you don't see a listing. I think coz even checked the price, they were $9400 or something, if you check earlier in this thread it's there. I'm sure coz can hook you up with a discount if you want them. :tongue:

Because the Comps are custom order, there is no discount, sorry...
Asked before for someone else.

Well I have them, and so does the FXMD NSX, so obviously they did. They are are made special order only. That's probably why you don't see a listing. I think coz even checked the price, they were $9400 or something, if you check earlier in this thread it's there. I'm sure coz can hook you up with a discount if you want them. :tongue:

9400? wow that must be a great damper. What else are there for that price range

Because the Comps are custom order, there is no discount, sorry...
Asked before for someone else.

Wow.... Must take a lot to build. Is it expensive to make parts or is it very laborious? Are you still trying to get a set coz?

9400? wow that must be a great damper. What else are there for that price range

Moton and JRZ's best race dampers are up there too. I know you can spend 8K on a moton.

Last edited:
I want to post about my truly positive experience Coz has provided in helping me out with a new set of the KW Club Sport Coilovers for my NSX!

Nothing is ever quite as simple as it should be when dealing with international transactions. There is the really $$$ international freight, customs inspections, Import duties, insurances etc, etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my coil overs have arrived! I am extremely happy with how things went on my end! The extra time Coz took and the extra attention to make sure that I didn't incur any additional taxes on entry to Australia meant that they had no issues with customs, cleared straight away and got delivered!

No problems here whatsoever!!!

I cannot thank you enough!!!

My pleasure Michael..
We got it done ! :)

I want to post about my truly positive experience Coz has provided in helping me out with a new set of the KW Club Sport Coilovers for my NSX!

Nothing is ever quite as simple as it should be when dealing with international transactions. There is the really $$$ international freight, customs inspections, Import duties, insurances etc, etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my coil overs have arrived! I am extremely happy with how things went on my end! The extra time Coz took and the extra attention to make sure that I didn't incur any additional taxes on entry to Australia meant that they had no issues with customs, cleared straight away and got delivered!

No problems here whatsoever!!!

I cannot thank you enough!!!

Not sure yet.
I can get a set at a partial discount as a continuing sponsorship, but the price is still way up there, even for me.

If I was pro racing for money, then I would, but for the club racing I'm doing and the occasional special event, not sure it would be worth the additional cost for the benefit gained.

My Clubsports are working just fine for now and we have been playing with spring changes, which I do get as part of the sponsorship as much and anytime I want to make changes to try out.

Wow.... Must take a lot to build. Is it expensive to make parts or is it very laborious? Are you still trying to get a set coz?

...........so far what spring rates have yielded your best lap times?

As you well know it's a combination of other things as well such as sway bars, rake, ride height, tires, etc, etc...

Currently I'm running the trophy sway bar upfront and the Zinardi bar in the rear. Have CT front camber bushings installed as well and set at 2.5 negative in front and 2.25 the rear. Tires are wearing even and tire temps are right at 200 across the board. Ride height is set higher than most to clear the 275x35x18 and 315x30x18's I'm running. 5-1/4". Right now my rake is at 1/4 inch, which I'm about to lower to 1/8" on Billy's continuing advise. Also running NT-01's.

I have tried the 457/457 they came with. Front end was too weak, I was killing my front fenders and I hate oversteer :).Tried 557/457, front end was still too weak for my liking. Changed to 657/457. This balanced the car out very well. I moved up to 857/457 and the front end felt numb and started to push too much. Went through a series of Sway Bar adjustments, Compression and Rebound adjustments but still didn't like the way it felt. I dropped back down to 657/457 for the time being and it became neutral again and very well balanced. I may try 757/457 here soon. Have the 757's sitting here, just haven't put them on yet.

I running 2 clicks from full stiff on the front and 4 on the rear for compression and Rebound is set at 3 front and 5 rear at this point.

As Billy has explained to me.
More rebound = less roll, quicker response, but less grip.
More compression = better response, bumpier.

So at this point I'm just concentrating on Compression, Rebound, Rake and Tire Pressures getting them to all work together.

Have the last NASA-AZ event of the season coming up and I'm leading the UMS TA unlimited class by 35 points with the last event being a double points event so now is not the time to experiment again or try and fix something thats working.

Best lap times so far for me have been the 657/457 combination by over 2 seconds over anything else I've tried so far on the 6 tracks I've been on with the KW's this year.
We all feel something different with our individual style of driving, so what works for me may not work for someone else, as you also know :)

...........so far what spring rates have yielded your best lap times?

Last edited:
Back