• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V3 Installation & Setup

I'm in the middle of installing a set of KW V3 coil overs on my '05 NSX. As part of the process I'd like to lower the car somewhere around 1 inch. I realize that I will have to fine tune the height once the car is on the ground and the suspension settled, but I'd like to know what is a good starting point for the lower spring perch position. All the KW instructions mention is the lower spring perch adjustment range, but not what the range might correspond to in terms of ride height relative to stock.

So does anyone happen to know a reasonable distance between the lower shock mounting eye and top of spring perch collar (for both front and rear shocks) that would get me in the ball park for a 1 inch drop?

Thanks,

I would use the length of the stock assembly and subtract an inch. Aren't these easy to adjust when installed?

I would use the length of the stock assembly and subtract an inch. Aren't these easy to adjust when installed?

Thats wouldn't really work. The stock shocks have ALOT of compression before the ride height is reached, most aftermarket suspensions only have a few inches if that. I lowered my car about 3 inches all around and my BC were about 5 inches shorter than the stock shocks. Your just gonna have to install and tune from the here you are for your safest bet. My car also lowered about 1/2 inch after a week of driving. I guess it was the suspension getting settled in

I started off with a KW guestimate shock length using the stock shock length minus an inch. I knew that wasn't going to be perfectly correct as the KW spring rates are different than stock, but it was a decent starting point. I used the front/rear factory ride height settings and measurement points from the factory manual to set the ride height and also tune the front/rear rake. After removing the wheels at least 20 times to adjust the spring perch collars and also making an equal number of trips around the block to settle the suspension after each adjustment, I finally got everything pretty much dialed in. I ended up with 1-1/4" drop in front and 1" drop in the rear with 1-1/4" rake using the factory measurement points.

My preliminary impression is that the KWs w/350# springs are noticeably firmer than stock (not harsh though) and the car feels really planted and responsive. I really like the new lower look as well. I plan drive the car for a week so the suspension settles in before getting an alignment.

Thanks for the helpful comments.

Dave

Just a referential note for any future adjustments: Each revolution of the collar on the V3 is 1/16 of an inch of height adjustment.

Back