• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lack of interest in Auto X-Possible cancellation?!!!

The CalCoastalNSX AutoX has been very successful in the past years. So much, that I went after Hollywood Park as our next location. The Camarillo airport location is no longer around, so I looked into California Speedway($5000) and Quallcomm($4500). No other locations to speak of, except Hollywood Park. The normal cost to rent out HP is $4000 dollars. The NSXCA has guidelines set out when putting on events. TRY TO BREAK EVEN. To make this event happen without paying 4grand, there were some major strings pulled, favors asked and a little begging to get the cost down to reasonable rates(so it didn't cost each attendee $125) The initial response was great, so the wheels started turning. Call the Solo2 guys(SCCA) and set them up, get catered food lined up, rent tables-chairs tents, pay security guards as per HP, rent porta potties, obtain raffle items and so on......... This already costing a few thousand.
As of today(not including the mail I need to get), we have 23 confirmed attendees paying $65 dollars each. Total moneys for them is around $1500.
What to do? Beg for people to sign up?

BTW, The Hollywood Park reservations agreement was a standing one, with the same price and conditions for every 6 mos. This place is a great location and can work out in our favor, if we can make it happen. Tell everyone you can think of about this event, or it may go away to never return.

Last edited:
let's go people

Hey-
Let's not let this opportunity and possible future Auto-X's at Hollywood Park slip by. If you are at all interested in this event please register and send in your fee ASAP. It's a great event and well worth the money. Sign up now and let's secure this event and future auto-X's at Hollywood Park. Don't forget there are 2 classes: Modified and Stock. So us stock guys and first timers will have plenty of fun as well.

LINK TO SIGN UP!
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19790

You've got to be kidding me? Not enough interest? Where are all the people who said they were interested? What's the deal? C'mon guys, send in your payment and registration forms! This event is going to rock!

Consider that it is the safest way to learn more about your car without the fear of

1>kissing the wall or flipping down the canyon

2>hitting another car or endangering others in public canyon roads.

and most of all

3>getting a speeding ticket that costs $500 and up + 8 hr traffic school.

Just for that, it was a no-brainer for me to attend. It is a perfect way for first timer to learn without the pressure of competing with other made cars. It is an all NSX event. Camarillo airport was my first autoX and I could't stop thinking about it days after the event.

John, I don't think I have thank you enough for taking the time to bring THE finest events available in the southland for us all to enjoy.

If you are available on 9/6, please come and join us. You'll thank John for an incredible experience after you are done with it. I guarantee it!

i got one more to commit!!!
he's picking up his brand new '03 on friday.
he'll be at the calcoastal meet on thurs to sign up!!

this is going to be a great event guys!!
you can't go wrong for $65.

Auto X

I would go if it was on a Sunday! Saturday is my Sabbath.

Paul

What's Up?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Here's my best public appeal.....:D :) :D

Gents and Ladies, if you have EVER been on an onramp, offramp, freeway at night with no cars and a full moon, driving through some construction and noticed the cones are spaced far enough apart you could weave through them, wondered what your 0-60-0 REALLY is, or just wanted to hang out with a few dozen other NSXers that love the car - this event is for YOU! Now is your chance in a controlled environment among friends.

I cannnot recall meeting a person that went to an AutoCross and did not at least want to come back again.

It's an amazing event and the fact that this one is all NSXs is the best news of all.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by - it's truly unique.
Act now by signing up for this event .

Dave

I'd be all over this if it wasn't 300+ miles away...:(

I do these kind of events in Wisco, and would be there if I was, well, there.

If you have never done this kind of thing, you need to give it a try. You will learn things that matter in your everyday driving.

Considering the sign up so far, would you consider a non NSX entry? I don’t have an NSX right now, but I would bring out the EVO. Lots of the NSXers that are signed up know me if that matters.

-matt

ANytime- I would love too, and am one that would ALWAYS do this and loved the last one.

Unfortunately, financial situations have to take priority and pass on this one.

I really hope this continues to be a 2 time a year event..

John,

Have you considered offering an NSXCA membership discount for the non-members... with the blessing of NSXCA of course.

If that doesn't work, have you considered inviting some of NSX's close relatives to come join us. I'd love to see how an S2000 will stack up against an NSX.

Or invite ex-NSX owners that are still NSXCA members with other marques other than a Honda/Acura.

CDub said:
John,

Have you considered offering an NSXCA membership discount for the non-members... with the blessing of NSXCA of course.

If that doesn't work, have you considered inviting some of NSX's close relatives to come join us. I'd love to see how an S2000 will stack up against an NSX.

Or invite ex-NSX owners that are still NSXCA members with other marques other than a Honda/Acura.

Membership to the NSXCA is 40bucks per year. So, being a member saves you the 40 and is required to attend. NSXCA events are limited to NSX's and they also provide us with the insurance binder(a must have when being on others property). From the response, it looks like we will be OK. The meeting Thursday will be the judge on the sign ups.
Thanks,
John

Maybe you could extend the cut-off for late entries to postmarks of no later than the 22nd. That way it would give a few fence sitters the chance to participate w/o incurring the late fee.
Just my $.02.

Autophile said:
I'd be all over this if it wasn't 300+ miles away...:(

shoot.. im driving about 200+ miles just for this. this even will also cost me to take some vacation days. but it'll be worth it. once i find out that im 100% free on this day im sending in my money.

i was notified that late is extended up to the end of this week. so saved me $15, that will be my gas money...

i can take some good quality pictures. i was hoping to make this a lil business of mine just to help me out mod my NSX. ill try to get a digital video camera also and make a movie out of it. im not a pro but pretty decent with editing stuff...

This is an event not to be missed! The AutoX is a great opportunity to learn the limits of the NSX in a safe and controlled enviroment. Every event that we have been to that has been organized by them has been top notch. John, Tina, Craig, and 9lb are class acts all the way. We will definetely be there!

As always, I'll have my pair of video cameras with me, one mounted in-car, one on tripod. Whether I'll have time to edit anything is the real question...especially with the PV Concours and NSXPO right around the corner.

count me in...I've had some computer problems lately, damn blaster worm virus, so my e-mail is still not allowing me to send.
I'll PM you ANYTIME(John) to let you know I'll try to make it and what not....I'll bring my new digi vid cam for sure!!!

Back