• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini Revention ($1.5 mil Super Lambo)!!!

Re: Lamborghini Revention ($1.5 mil Super Lambo)~!!!

They have stealth boobs!

:biggrin: - Good one.

I can't think of a single Lamborghini I would pay $400k for let alone $500k or a million. If I spend that kind of money(not I ever will) I expect to see a long racing pedigree(Enzo, F1), or a revolutionary design(veyron).

Last edited:
this car seems to definitely be a love it or hate it type of deal. i guess i just expected much more when dropping a whopping 1.5 million on a car... not just a fancy body kit, headlight conversions, and cool digital gauge cluster.

At least with the Veyron, $1.4M bought you 1000hp.

What makes this so special with an LP640 based engine with not that much more power?

2 things:

1) I think it looks too chiseled to be that aerodynamic and sexy. If I had Bill Gates' wallet, I wouldn't buy it.
2)
You'd think the representing models would have boobs.:confused:

Like the car, I think they're built for speed, not comfort.

No smart-azz comment intended but isn't it called "Reventón"?

If this car has 650hp, it is only a 10hp increase from the LP640.

More information from MSN here: http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/frankfurt2007/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=5421379

If this is a brand new car, it probably worth the money but as a facelift, that's a bit greedy.

In any case, trust no one would argue what those 20 people paying for are for the rarity and exclusiveness.

I can't think of a single Lamborghini I would pay $400k for let alone $500k or a million. If I spend that kind of money(not I will ever will) I expect to see a long racing pedigree(Enzo, F1), or a revolutionary design(veyron).

For some reason I think your response would be different if your annual income was, oh I don’t know; say $60+ million per year. I think the people who are putting up the money to purchase 1 of the 20 don’t really care about the price because $1.5 million to them is really not that big of a deal considering they are buying a “collector” car. Think about it, if you made $60 million a year, you are making about $1.25 million A WEEK (not counting taxes and all that other fun stuff because I’m not going to get that technical). That means you could basically buy that car for what you make in just over a week!! Now how many of you guys out there would buy that car if you knew that it was only going to cost you a week’s salary?? :wink:

medium_1359249795_b47b7eb5ed_o.jpg
I think it looks badass. If money no objective (I wish, poor college student here). I buy one and park it next to Enzo, SLR, Carrera GT, McLaren F1, NSX-R, etc, etc. The car is totally unique.

Money do buy happiness to a certain degree.

:biggrin: - Good one.

I can't think of a single Lamborghini I would pay $400k for let alone $500k or a million. If I spend that kind of money(not I will ever will) I expect to see a long racing pedigree(Enzo, F1), or a revolutionary design(veyron).

If I had unlimited funds, I think I would $400k for a showroom condition Miura.

man, i think i will buy a used Enzo and Carrea GT for that type of money.
but if i already have those cars, than i will buy the LAMBO Super-Car!!!
I do like it. I wonder if it blings with those sharp edges like diamond cuts :cool:

I am just scratching my head. What justifies that $1.1 mil premium on top of the standard Murci? The car just looks a little different but nothing more than a riced-up Murci.:confused:
Steve

It would be almost like paying an extra several hundred thousands of dollar for a body kit on a murcielago. The base design is more or less the same.

BINGO. And I bet for way less money the parts could be hand made and put on a murcielago. That alone would deter me from buying the "special" addition.

If I had unlimited funds, I think I would $400k for a showroom condition Miura.

Okay you got me on that one. Miura is the only Lambo I have ever dreamt of adding to my dream collection.

Oh and even if I made $1.25M a week, I still wouldn't buy that car.

Anyone who pays 1.5M for that car is mad at his money in my opinion. I hope they don't mind losing over a million dollars over the next few years.

Seems like 20 pretty wealthy people disagree. It was sold out even before it was presented.

I sat in it at the IAA and scrounged a set of those lambo boots.

It's not the cost.. it's the value. People who put a $750,000 deposit on a car they have not seen do not typically get rich by making unprofitable decisions. Sure they buy dumb things like the rest of us that cost a lot but have no real value in a short period of time, but considering 20+ very wealthy people made this choice makes me hesitate to judge them all.

For all I know they are using it as a tax write-off somehow or believe it will go up in value. I bet if I earned* 60 million a year along the way I'd figure out whether buying a car in this situation was a wise decision.

I think it's irrational to charge such a premium for such few improvements, but my "rational" thinking hasn't given me the ability to buy the car in the first place...

Only 30 world wide is pretty cool. Especially considering at least 5-8 will be crashed within the first couple thousand miles.

For some reason I think your response would be different if your annual income was, oh I don’t know; say $60+ million per year. I think the people who are putting up the money to purchase 1 of the 20 don’t really care about the price because $1.5 million to them is really not that big of a deal considering they are buying a “collector” car. Think about it, if you made $60 million a year, you are making about $1.25 million A WEEK (not counting taxes and all that other fun stuff because I’m not going to get that technical). That means you could basically buy that car for what you make in just over a week!! Now how many of you guys out there would buy that car if you knew that it was only going to cost you a week’s salary?? :wink:

i still wouldn't buy it, because my time would be too valuable to drive it.

It's not the cost.. it's the value. People who put a $750,000 deposit on a car they have not seen do not typically get rich by making unprofitable decisions. Sure they buy dumb things like the rest of us that cost a lot but have no real value in a short period of time, but considering 20+ very wealthy people made this choice makes me hesitate to judge them all.

For all I know they are using it as a tax write-off somehow or believe it will go up in value. I bet if I earned* 60 million a year along the way I'd figure out whether buying a car in this situation was a wise decision.

I think it's irrational to charge such a premium for such few improvements, but my "rational" thinking hasn't given me the ability to buy the car in the first place...

Only 30 world wide is pretty cool. Especially considering at least 5-8 will be crashed within the first couple thousand miles.
Yeah, but I think all these guys who bought the cars sight unseen did expect a reeeaaaly special Lambo which is worthy of the $1mill euro price tag, not just a riced up Murci. They were sold on the concept of some mega special car from Lambo in the magnitude of a Veyron. The Reventon is a rip off no matter how you look at it.
Steve

VERY VERY NICE CAR INDEED AND YES IT'S OVER PRICED! BUT IT'S OVER PRICED FOR A REASON... IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE PRESTIGE. :wink: "KINDA LIKE THE NSX-R GT"

Excellent point.. although it has more racing history the NSX-R GT sold for about half of what this car did before the exchange rates went south for the dollar (If I remember correctly it was $500,000 at the time). From the performance side this lambo isn't too far off base price wise compared to the regular NSX price tag vs the GT.

The bottom line is 20 customers (suckers) put up 750K expecting a revolutionary car that would compete with a Veyron. They then see this and I am sure very pissed, I am also sure that Lambo worked out a deal that the deposit is non-refundable.

If you think back on the XJ220, many rich people put up money for that car expecting it to be a great car and it wasn't at all. Jaguar sued many of the customers who were not willing to come up with the balance of the money for the car. They were actually willing to forfeit 200K to walk away from their agreement to buy the XJ220. That car sold for 700K and now isn't worth 200K.

Bottom line is the people who put up the money for both cars expected much more than what was produced and I wouldn't be suprised if some of the 20 people who put up the deposit on this car sued Lambo to try and get it back. I know I would of contacted my lawyer as soon as I saw the car and heard the specs. In my opinion Lambo sold their reputation pretty cheap and when they come out with a new car and try to get advanced deposits they are not going to have many people standing in line.

If I had to keep that car I wouldn't trade for my CGT, and that is pretty sad considering it costs 1.1 Million more!

Mark my words these cars will plummet in value in the next five years and not be worth 30% of their initial selling price.

Back