• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Largest gathering of NSXs' ever!

Hello West Coast Primers!

On December 9, 2008, I started a thread in the SoCal subforum of the Southwest US Region forum entitled "Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C". As of today, we have as many as 46 NSX owners who plan on attending this weekly car meet. I was able to reserve a special section for the NSX marque. Then, sicarius82, a Prime member, asked what the record is for an NSX gathering. I looked that up and found the following...

"A few months ago, 53 NSX owners turned off their Google searches and headed over to their own rendezvous in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The gathering was one of the largest of its kind in the Northeast and was a brainchild of NSX owner and NSXPrime.Com member Mike Lasko after Lasko visited the NSX Club of America?s (NSXCA) NSXPO event at Watkins Glen. Lasko, a Sales Manager at Bridgewater Acura, convinced dealer owner Bill Vince to host the event and then worked with other NSXPrime members and the NSXCA to produce the event. After almost three months of planning, owners from all over the Northeast and as far as Kansas and South Carolina packed their 5.0 cubic feet of trunk space (cavernous for an exotic) and set out for the Garden State. Beginning at 9 A.M., NSXs of all colors, model years, and modification level began rolling into the Bridgewater Acura lot. Lasko estimates that over 150 people took part in the meet, owners that were as diverse as the level of modification on the cars; owners that ranged from 53-year old retirees to 25-year old Lasko and from grad students to union electricians."

That event took place in August 2005. Looks like 53 is the number to beat. It took Mike Lasko, a dealership sponsor, and 3 months of planning to pull that feat off. Primers, with nothing more than this one thread and 5 weeks of email exhanges, we can surpass this number. So, I am making a prediction that we will surpass the current record of 53 cars. I also want to announce a rally call to see that we do establish a new record.

Let's shoot for 60! Pass the word. SIXTY (60) is the goal of the January 31, 2009 event at the Irvine Cars & Coffee. Yes, I will make an effort to notify certain organizations of our little gathering to see if any medial and/or sponsor coverage may be forthcoming.

"...Honda USA and/or Acura USA media coverage at the January 31 Irvine C&C event, nice. 60 NSXs at one place on the same day, priceless!"

Steve "---YellowHaze---"

Note: Looks like I was premature in believing the record was 53. A few individuals either know or believe the number is more like 100-150 from past NSXPO events. So, no world record, but perhaps a record gathering in the making for Southern California come January 31. Thanks for the good input, guys.

Last edited:
I will try and make it down from Nor-Cal. 53 NSX is the record? There were recently a lot of NSXs at the ALMS at Laguna Seca but maybe less than 53.......did you check?

I've never been to such a big meet before for any car. If it's 50 or 60 or more it's going to be a bunch of the same cars in one place.

To give some sense of scale for the juniors like me...

I count roughly 28 cars in this picture. 50 would be twice as deep and if we went with two rows that may be about a mile long caravan. :eek:
1.jpg

If counting gatherings in general, the record is 100+; NSXPO, ALMS and JGTC (in Dec. '04) have all seen upwards of 100 NSXs.

If counting gatherings in general, the record is 100+; NSXPO, ALMS and JGTC (in Dec. '04) have all seen upwards of 100 NSXs.

Hmmm... Well, if that's the case, then we can perhaps at least claim the largest gathering in Southern California. We'll see. Thanks for the info.

If I'm not mistaken there were 150+ at NSXPO '99 in Monterey/ Laguna Seca

NSXPO_99_Laguna_Seca.jpg

Hmmm... Well, if that's the case, then we can perhaps at least claim the largest gathering in Southern California. We'll see. Thanks for the info.

Well,........ JGTC was in SoCal. :redface: It was held at the California Speedway.

Not to put a damper on spirits, though. I think that with the response to the event thus far, it looks like it's going to be a bit more than awesome. :D

Well,........ JGTC was in SoCal. :redface: It was held at the California Speedway.

Not to put a damper on spirits, though. I think that with the response to the event thus far, it looks like it's going to be a bit more than awesome. :D
I'd agree.

JGTC was the freakin' bomb, not just because of the event, but because of the show of attendance demonstrated by the NSX group versus the other cars.

Remember, you're working out of SoCal. We get 20 NSXs together every month just for an informal meeting. :D

Still, seeing ANYWHERE north of 30+ NSXs at one time outside of SCA is a sight to behold, and it'll be a great reminder to Honda/Acura how much they've screwed the pooch in regards to developing a true NSX successor. :D

Last edited:
Back