• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Las Vegas Car Clubs Sixth Annual Rally

...dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event = Club Rally (loosely defined). It's about meeting people, checking out their cars, repping the club, and oh... it's a charitable event.

I know, let's all drive to Norm Baker Motors as a group and hang out for a few minutes at the staging point. Then we can all split if we decide it's not the hippest thing on the planet. That would probably be one of the worst things we could do to effect our club's reputation with the other car clubs. The Porsche Club, Lotus Club, etc., might think twice about inviting us to a joint event after seeing a display like that. The NSX Club is not just about our cars, it's about how we conduct ourselves as a group.

If anyone doesn't want to participate let that be their individual decision, but please make that decision before the event. We should have ample opportunity to meet people in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, etc. clubs at the dinner afterward. But getting to the staging area early will give us a chance to chat with people before the rally. Meeting at Sammy's before the event would be fine. :smile:

Agreed,

If HIN starts later than noon, I'll plan on joining the rally. We should also think of pairing up: driver/navigator...Nick, get used to it...as the navigator!

Danny

...dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event = Club Rally (loosely defined). It's about meeting people, checking out their cars, repping the club, and oh... it's a charitable event.

I know, let's all drive to Norm Baker Motors as a group and hang out for a few minutes at the staging point. Then we can all split if we decide it's not the hippest thing on the planet. That would probably be one of the worst things we could do to effect our club's reputation with the other car clubs. The Porsche Club, Lotus Club, etc., might think twice about inviting us to a joint event after seeing a display like that. The NSX Club is not just about our cars, it's about how we conduct ourselves as a group.

If anyone doesn't want to participate let that be their individual decision, but please make that decision before the event. We should have ample opportunity to meet people in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, etc. clubs at the dinner afterward. But getting to the staging area early will give us a chance to chat with people before the rally. Meeting at Sammy's before the event would be fine. :smile:

Dood, that's not even where I was going or what I was saying. Sheesh! Lighten up. I'm all for a fun, charitable meet where enthusiasts get to know other enthusiasts. My "concern" was that I got nothing to indicate that this was going to be just that. With all of these car clubs meeting, I just couldn't figure out how this was going to be a rubbing of elbows meet. I've seen the Norm Baker parking lot. It's tiny. One Honda car club would pack it to the nines. And I bet the Porsches, F-cars, Lambos etc would all get prime location over our NSXs. So again, my "concern" was that we would get shoved to the back, we would pay our money, and then be told to go on our way to make room for the Bentley's. That's all. All I suggested was that we had a "backup" plan in case that happened. If it turned out that it was a great time, then fine, no harm. If it turns our my concerns are true, then at least we have a back up plan. What's the big deal with that? Way to jump all over your fellow club member. :rolleyes:

Dood, that's not even where I was going or what I was saying. Sheesh! Lighten up. I'm all for a fun, charitable meet where enthusiasts get to know other enthusiasts. My "concern" was that I got nothing to indicate that this was going to be just that. With all of these car clubs meeting, I just couldn't figure out how this was going to be a rubbing of elbows meet. I've seen the Norm Baker parking lot. It's tiny. One Honda car club would pack it to the nines. And I bet the Porsches, F-cars, Lambos etc would all get prime location over our NSXs. So again, my "concern" was that we would get shoved to the back, we would pay our money, and then be told to go on our way to make room for the Bentley's. That's all. All I suggested was that we had a "backup" plan in case that happened. If it turned out that it was a great time, then fine, no harm. If it turns our my concerns are true, then at least we have a back up plan. What's the big deal with that? Way to jump all over your fellow club member. :rolleyes:

Another valid point...Tom, you go give those other car guys a big smiling face. Brian, work on a back-up plan. Paul, bring out the Mosler and run over all them F-cars. Chris, pass out more of our club shirts to those P-car owners. I'll...oh well, can't we all get along?

Best Regards,

Danny

Ok. 8:30 SHARP SAMMY'S. 8:45 head to Norm Baker. Wear all your club T's I will bring more extra shirts for other car clubs (small and medium)just to get rid of them. Extra shirts for those of us who got tight shirts. I will bring all the large, extra large, xxlarge and xxxlarge for our group. Everybody happy now? Thank you. See you all this Saturday. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Agreed,

If HIN starts later than noon, I'll plan on joining the rally. We should also think of pairing up: driver/navigator...Nick, get used to it...as the navigator!

Danny

Danny are you going to HIN? I'm interested. How much is it to get in?

Danny are you going to HIN? I'm interested. How much is it to get in?

Hi Chris,

Entry into the car show per car: $55

Hanging out at an import car show with your fellow NSX Club of Las Vegas members and a cooler full of drinks: priceless

Show starts at 4pm so I think participants will start setting up at noon. Anyone else?

Danny

Sorry if I was a little heavy on the sarcasm Brian, the "dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event" just hit me the wrong way. Thanks for your explanation. I'll see you Saturday; peace. :smile:

Sorry if I was a little heavy on the sarcasm Brian, the "dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event" just hit me the wrong way. Thanks for your explanation. I'll see you Saturday; peace. :smile:

No worries. I didn't mean anything by it and I was just hoping for the benefit of the doubt. Anyways, it's water under the bridge. Sounds like it's going to be a good time regardless. See you guys Saturday! :smile:

Here are some photos from the 6th annual “Rally in the Valley “event. This was a non-profit charitable event hosted by Norm Baker Motor Co. to benefit the Diabetes Foundation. It was a 100 mile scavenger hunt style rally, with automotive trivia questions to answer as you and your navigator decipher clues to the next stop!

At the finish point, there was a gaggle of bikini clad models waiting to pose with our cars, and plenty of time to chat with the other car guys (and gals). A late lunch at the Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort finished off a great afternoon! Many thanks to everyone who contributed to making this event happen!

Here are a few photos, despite the fact that I forgot my camera (DOH!!). Chris gave me his camera to use for the car shots, but then took over the photo chores when it came time to get a few shots of the leggy models! This is a departure from our usual routine of photographing our own cars in different settings. We hope you like the photos.
:smile:

Rally1.jpg

Rally5-1.jpg

Rally9-1.jpg

Rally11.jpg

Rally13-1.jpg

Rally14-1.jpg

Rally15-1.jpg

Rally16-1.jpg

Rally17.jpg

Rally18.jpg

Rally19.jpg

Rally20.jpg

Rally21.jpg

Rally22.jpg

Rally23.jpg

Rally24.jpg

Rally25.jpg

Rally28.jpg

These are the “life is tough in the valley “ photos; so named because a colleague at work walked up when I was resizing the photos with bikini clad girls, and said “life is tough for you Tom.” :biggrin: I was telling him about the photo-shoot, and that the girls were leaving hand and butt prints on the cars. After a short pause, he says “I need to make more money; I want a car that gets butt prints on the hood.” Then he walked away. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rally30.jpg

Rally31.jpg

Rally35.jpg

Rally37.jpg

This fellow started the rally with us, but no one knows what happened to him after the first check-point. I hope he’s ok… :biggrin:

couch-mobile.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Tom. I had a good time. I think they should have reduced the number of trivia questions and made it more of a rally rather than a an IQ test on Porsches, Vettes, and Ferraris. Overall a good day.

Thanks for the posting Tom. It looks like one more great club gathering!

I was watching Billy Johnson race at VIR that day. Billy had a car problem in the fourth hour of a six-hour race that moved him from secound place to back six laps. Still, I enjoyed the race.

Lance

Nice pics Tom. I had a good time. I think they should have reduced the number of trivia questions and made it more of a rally rather than a an IQ test on Porsches, Vettes, and Ferraris. Overall a good day.

Yes, I agree. Answering 100 questions while driving and navigating to the check-points was a bit daunting. I think I got most of the car questions, but I got slammed on the TV/movie trivia; like who played Daisy Duke in the 1952 version of "The Dukes of Hazard?" :eek:

Vega$ NSX said:
AWWWW CRAPPPP! I bailed out on THIS??!?? Why couldn't this have been at the beginning part of the Rally when I was still in it?

Yea I know you would have enjoyed the photo portion! :biggrin: I can also understand why you bailed though; this rally would have been a pain without a navigator. It took our full concentration to answer the questions, drive, and navigate. We would have enjoyed your joining us for lunch also!

nsxalot said:
Thanks for the posting Tom. It looks like one more great club gathering!

I was watching Billy Johnson race at VIR that day. Billy had a car problem in the fourth hour of a six-hour race that moved him from secound place to back six laps. Still, I enjoyed the race.

Lance

You’re welcome! Sorry to hear about Billy's bad luck at VIR. It's always tough when something like that happens when you are running in a podium position!

Last edited:
Very nice pics Tom. Maybe post some pics at the NSX and girls at NSX picture and video gallery for everyone to see.:biggrin: I think I took quite a few and so is Nick, Joe and David. Thanks.

Rally35.jpg

The kid on the background forgot to do his lighting job. See his eyes on the model.:biggrin:

AWWWW CRAPPPP! I bailed out on THIS??!?? Why couldn't this have been at the beginning part of the Rally when I was still in it?

No kidding/ same here. That model in the zebra bikini is PAINFULLY HOT!:eek:

Regards,

Danny

Back