• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last Crystal Cove Oct. 14th...who's going?

Clean your cars and bring you cameras; Sat. Oct. 14th is supposed to be the last (long story) exotic car gathering at Crystal Cove. There's no telling what kinds of cars are going to be there!? But you can bet that there will be some special cars that morning for sure. I think it will be worth the drive even more than usual. Two Vectors alone showed up last week. So who's going? I'm in.

1. NSXB-Santa Clarita

Last edited:
I'm in :). Just make sure you show up to the SCV meet this Wed ;)

1. NSXB-Santa Clarita
2. Simons2k-Valencia

I'm planning on going. Are you guys actually going to try to park in the display lot, or are you going later that morning ?

It will probably be a "mad house" so I'm planning on getting there at around 6:15am to try and get into the display area. Here are the Vectors, I believe thats Jerry Wiegert in the first pic.

Attachments

• Vector 1.JPG
    Vector 1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Vector 2.JPG
    Vector 2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Vector 3.JPG
    Vector 3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 109
I'm going with some friends from work but I will not be bringing the NSX. If the meet is anything like this past weekend it will be an absolute madhouse and a certain recipe for door dings.

NSXB,
Thanks much for the vector pix. That does look like Wiegert, just a lot older (and heavier) than the images I remember from my youth. I thought he went insolvent--was he selling those cars? LOL I wonder if he still owns his W-8. A terrible executive but a fantastic designer and entrepreneur.

I decided to pass. Too much of a "mad house" to take my car, so I would just be adding to the problem as a lookie lou...:biggrin:
Will check it out in Irvine when things settle down.

DaveG said:
Ditto.

Those of you that go, please post pics.

Mark - let's go for a drive Saturday AM instead - if it doesn't rain, which could put a damper on the CC finale anyway.

DaveG

Dave, I may be in town (80%), if you go for a drive let me know, i would love to join.

Ryan

Pics from 10/7 from FChat >> HERE

The reason for the close.....

CrystalCoveNewspic_1_0001.jpg

Dave, Spike, Hapa, & anyone else living Way down South (Orange county)
How about a PCH putt from the DP Harbor to Newport / HB SUNDAY morning. (My regular copilot / better 1/2 will be with me)
8:00 am sound OK?

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.......... Mostly Sunny, high of 69 deg.
(Sat looks to be Stormy / Scattered T-storms high of 65)

Will make a new post to see if anyone else is interested.:biggrin:

Saw Matt Piercy at CC today and Mitch from AEM. Good to see some NSX's making it into the main show lot. However it was very disappointing that so many boo boo cars were let into the lot today. A lot of nice cars had to park in Reef Point or far away. People need to learn some etiquette. The reason why people go there in the first place is to see the exotic or classic cars. Nobody wants to go see a typical ford, dodge, bmw, etc...........

Last edited:
Ditto.
That was the shortest time I ever spent there. 20mins.
Very dissapointing day at C.C.

-j-

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't turn out as good as everyone hoped. I was planning to make the trip up there from San Diego, but backed out due to the weather. That saved me gas money and time.

Back