• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Latest CF Go-Fast Parts!

[NSX Content - Doesn't fit in the NSX] Fooled you! Thought some of you other NorCal folks that ride might find this interesting. Weighs 16.5 lbs without water in the bottle - amazing how much better bicycle technology has become. Now that the weather is better, any of you guys interested in doing a group ride some weekend morning?

Attachments

• p4280002.jpg
    p4280002.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 496
What's it made of

Your post says CF, so I'm guessing that bike made of carbon fiber. It looks like beatifully welded aluminum.

Re: What's it made of

mickeylex said:
Your post says CF, so I'm guessing that bike made of carbon fiber. It looks like beatifully welded aluminum.
It's both. The fork and rear seatstays are CF, the main triangle is aluminum/scandium alloy. The gruppo has a lot of CF as well.

Looks great!! I am up for a ride.
Bike1.jpg

Nice!!! Is that the '03 carbon campy record gruppo?

Whoahhh sweet bikes guys :cool:
Here are my Bikes (I also have a Cross Country Mt. Bike)

Cannondale Multisport (Time Trial/ Triathlon Bike)with Carbon Fiber (Spinergy) 650 wheels, 11/21 Gears.
DSCF0498.jpg

Cannondale 'Black Lightning" #25/300 Ltd. Edition
CAAD7 Frame and Campy Record Gruppo (exept Hollowgram Cranks). Record Pro-Fit Pedals. Campy Ergo Brain.
DSCF0500.jpg

We should gather up a Group Ride, Road or Mountain :confused:

Nice Bikes

Glad to see some more cyclists out there. Look me up if you get to Portland and I can show you some fun roads for cars or bikes! Here is my latest bike, True Temper S3 steel tubing, complete bike about 15 LB. with Lew racing wheels. Love the way this bike rides, smoothness of titanium, stiffness of aluminum and the great road feel of steel. Plus it is light as shit!

Last edited:
Flames

I love the flames! My painter did a great job with these!

Last edited:
Hey gang, there's a fast ride starting every Sat morning at 9:00 at the Starbuck's at Homestead & Hollenbeck. Goes up Foothill to PA and then through some hills to Woodside. I'll be doing the ride at least till the middle of next month (moving to Mt. Hamilton after that). Hope to see some of you there...

Here's a link to some of the more interesting local rides. I've been doing the Saturday "Spectrum Ride" though the Alto Velo Sunday "A Ride" looks good if you can't make Saturdays.

http://www.altovelo.org/calendar/

Arata said:
How often and how many miles do you do during the week?
I've started riding about 3-4 times a week doing between 100 - 160 miles. Hard to find any more time than that with work and all - as I'm sure you all know... How about yourself?

Arata said:
How often and how many miles do you do during the week?

Wow you guys log a lot of miles :cool:

For me, I dont ride as much as I use too due to a recent knee injury (but recovering well) and hectic schedule.

Saturdays: 18-25 miles on my Mountain Bike
Sundays:35-50 miles on my Road Bike

weekdays/nites: 30-60 minutes (per session 3-4X) on "Rollers".

then in-between, I do my "runs" (hopping my knee recovers well for a marathon this summer).

Lets all do a fun group ride and meet one of these sundays, not sure if I can make it to the southbay meets that Dinan posted on saturdays/sundays (have not even been to a Southbay meet with my NSX) but will surely try.

Did any of you guys do the "Sea Otter Classics"? I missed it this year.

regards

K2

Hey T Bell,
How old is your K2. That is an old Girvin design that was popular in about '92-'95. Love that fork design.

Not sure (since I am dumb when it comes to bikes) I bought it used about 3 yrs ago for only $500. I was told that it was around a grand new. The guy who had it before me took off some real "trick" wheels, and put on the boring ones that you see. The springs are real stiff, so I assume it was used for high speed down hill stuff??? I actually would like to put softer springs on it for a bit more cushy ride on the sidewalks etc.

Is there a brand on the shocks? I am pretty sure you can get different springs, softer for a more plush ride. Usually there is a spring weight printed on the spring. This bike was a cross country rig, short travel by current standards, set up stiff for efficiency. Down hill bikes will always be soft, current standards will be at least 8" of travel, kind of like riding a Laz-y-boy!

If you get me some info I might be able to get you softer springs.

Dave

Back