• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Latest on Bilstein shocks

I may be interested in some new shocks (E46 325i Sport seems tighter than the 91 NSX). My OEM shocks are over 15 years old with only 40k mi though.

Is it still the consensous that Bilstein or Koni are the best for OEM shock-only replacement?

If so, are these still the best numbers for Bilstein: B46-1665 rear, and B46-1663 front?

If these Bilsteins are still the ones to go with, where is the best deal? NSXCA from CGI?

Thanks,

Bill

Got mine shipped for $519 at shox.com. I ordered it on Sat I just got them today.

You did well. I ended up getting mine back in April for $560 shipped from Dali. It was the best I could find back then. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. :redface: Aside from that, it was a good buying experience, though.

I have a 91 with 58K miles on stock shocks, putting on the Bilstiens next week, will post my impressions.

I'm interested in hearing the latest comments on these. I have a 95 with 68K on it and thinking of going to Bilsteins as a replacement and install them on the lower perch to drop it a little at the same time.

Got mine from Dali a while ago. Smooth transaction and good price. With my OE 91's shocks (probably worn) I always felt that my car's ride was jittery. It was confirmed once I rode in my friends 02. No regrets at all. The ride is now smooth and firm without any undue harshness. Also used the lower perch and now the car sits just right as well. Got the SOS sway bars installed at the same time so I'm not sure how much difference the shocks made but theres hardly any lean during normal driving. Happy with the overall result though. To see pics, do a seach on my UserID.

I got mine from CGI a few years ago. Good price, nice folks to deal with, no "issues" ;) . You can send a PM to NSXprime username "Chuck", one of the principals with CGI.

Before I put them on, the car's handling just didn't seem as crisp as it did when it was new. The new shocks restored that crispness. What I especially like about the Bilsteins is that they have a very comfortable ride quality when you're just out cruising around, but they firm up when you drive the car hard, on the track or in the twisties. They are similar to NEW stock shocks in this regard. However, based on everything I know about them, this great quality won't degrade over time and use, the way it does with the stock shocks.

I put mine on using the perch for the stock ride height. It's nice to have the choice, whichever way you prefer.

I switched to Bilsteins recently on my 94, I also did Tein s-tech springs. The car feels MUCH better, I'm guessing its mostly due to the Bilsteins. The car has less body roll and it gives a lot more confidence in the corners. Even with the slightly stiffer springs, it actually rides better then it did on the old worn out shocks. Great upgrade.

This is how the Bilsteins look w/stock springs on the lower perch. Better
handling w/the 1" drop & no sacrifice in ride quality. Bought mine at shox.com for $520 shipped.

8860NSX_5-med.jpg

Hothonda said:
This is how the Bilsteins look w/stock springs on the lower perch. Better
handling w/the 1" drop & no sacrifice in ride quality. Bought mine at shox.com for $520 shipped.

8860NSX_5-med.jpg
nice. do u have a b 4 pix?

Do most folks replace all the rubber in the assemblies when doing the shocks? Seems new, softer rubber might make a bit of an improvement too.

dali height adjustable bilsteins(1" drop) with eibachs on my 95, the stock shocks/springs were shot!! one side even had rub marks on the inner fender well from too much compression. It handles muuch better now, im on a 2 week waiting list to get the alignment done, then I will be set!

Attachments

• mini-DSC00064.JPG
    mini-DSC00064.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 121
Back