• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Cleaner

lhpnsx said:
Anyone know of a good, safe way to keep the camel leather clean?
Yeah, don't sit on it!!!! :wink:

I would check with a detailer and see what they recommend. Typically a cleaner and then conditioner is what is called for.

Cairo94507 said:
I would check with a detailer and see what they recommend. Typically a cleaner and then conditioner is what is called for.
9 times out of 10 this is the best approach.

I've had good luck with Lexol products all though you need to be careful with any cleaner so as not to use too much and remove the die from the leather.

First, be very careful with NSX leather. When it comes to cleaning, I have had the best results with Auto Glym Leather Cleaner. Very gentle. You can adjust it's aggressiveness by what you scrub with. From a soft applicator or towel to a brush. I would recommend a soft, plush, high end terry towel. Use it very sparingly.

Mix 6 parts water to one part Woolite Handwashable laundry detergeant. Works great and is not going to do any damage to your leather or vinyl.

If you want a "system" that is tops then try Leathermaster products. I use their "Soft" cleaner and also their conditioners and they work on both coated and aniline leathers.

Anthony

Back