• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherseats.com Group Buy 2007

Re: Leatherseats.com Group Buy 2007!!!

Oyagi: Sorry, but it took a lot of convincing to get my supervisor to approve the current pricing!

DucatiCraig: You're on the list!

I've had a few questions regarding the grain of our leather, and I just want to clarify to everyone what grain we use. On all of our standard colors we use a "milled pebble" grain that is very similar to what BMW uses. If you want to go back to a factory smooth grain, we do have it available, but only in Black. Since it is a special order material, it is an additional $100.00. Honestly, most of our customers from previous group buys went with our regualr milled pebble grain, and I haven't had any complaints.

Hi

As I was a buyer on the last GB I like to make a few comments on the install.

I had leather "workshop" do the install for me. But I had to help her out a lot. The problem was that she was not strong enough to get the clips on and also to stretch the leather over the "tough spots".

You can do the install yourself, but be ready to have some sore thumbs and fingertips as the clips was not easy to put into place. You will also probably break a lot of them so have enough of them. If LS could provide a package with them that would have been very nice. Or point out where to get them. I had to drive all over town to find something that could be used.

The end result was very good. I think I have posted pictures of them here somewhere, but they look a lot better than on the pictures.

I would highly recommend Bill and Leatherseats. The leatherquality and everything is very good and the service from Bill was outstanding. A+

I "chicked out" and went with only red stitching on black with perforated. I am glad that I did not go for red inserts as that would have been to "noisy".

Regards

Last edited:

Bill,

Does the Shift Boot you sell come with the metal clip needed to mate up with the shift knob?

Thanks

Sparkman: No, it is just the leather boot. You have to reuse all of the old plastic/metal pieces.

This is the week to place your orders! Our toll-free number is 866-639-7328!

Where can you get extra metal/plastic parts? It seems alot of people break these durring installation.:confused:

Bill,

Can you please give us a current tally on the number of orders received by phone to date. If this is the ONLY WEEK for orders to be phoned in, we are all interested in seeing that at least 10 are in to secure the max. discount.

ALL WHO PLAN TO ORDER PLEASE CALL THEM IN ASAP:eek:

2-Saw: We purchased some for our last install at O-Reilly's. You can pretty much use any kind of plastic push pin that will fit in the hole, and they sell them at auto parts stores for a few dollars.

MoogieBoogie: The standard kit is leather facing with matching vinyl on the sides and backs, which is the same as the factory leather. The premium plus upgrade is leather sides, so the only part that is vinyl is the back.

Sparkman: Sorry! I updated the first post with ORDERED

we Have Reached 10 Orders, So Everyone That Was Waiting For The Disocunt Give Me A Call!!!! Our Toll Free Is 866-639-7328, And Our Local (if You Are Out Of The Us) Is 405-848-9999!!!!

If you are waiting on swatches, please give me a call so I can get your information. This way I can still lock in the group buy pricing for you. This is the last day to place your order!

I'm in too, just sent Bill email.
After receiving the samples, I will contact about the materials/colours I want

If anyone out there has really nice seats that they are re-covering by choice and not necessity, please consider trading me for my seats and ripping my leather off. Both of my seats work fine. I have a blk/blk 1991 with 68k on the odo. I would be interested in black or tan. I am in Florida. I met a guy right after he did his seats that were perfect. He gave me the idea. I will pay both shipping and negotiate the rest. Any takers???!!

Regards,
Peter

I'm out of the GB! Got me a deal on some Brides! :biggrin:

I'd like to thank everyone that ordered with the group buy this time around! Everyone's orders are in production, and everything is going smoothly! I would like to mention that this is the last group buy at these prices I will be able to run. Our costs on raw materials are going up, and the next group buy will be more expensive. I also want to extend an offer to anyone who is "on the fence". I will allow anyone who didn't participate in the group buy to order next week for the group buy price, less free shipping. Once again, thanks for choosing us for your upholstery needs!

I did not participate in the GB, but I had my seats done & installed by Leatherseats.com. I just got the seats in today. This is the link to the post with pix HERE.

Sky:smile:

Ok...I backed out last year...going to pull the trigger. Glad I waited tho, since I changed my mind about color options about 5 times since then...but I think (hope) I have it down now!
Add me to the list

Once we get these things in does anyone want to have a install party in Ga. or Fl.? Its worth the drive to me in order to run into the same problems at the same time. Misery loves company.:smile:

Once we get these things in does anyone want to have a install party in Ga. or Fl.? Its worth the drive to me in order to run into the same problems at the same time. Misery loves company.:smile:

You must really like to torture yourself. I'm bringing my new seat covers to a professional to have them installed. :smile:

Back