• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Left Window clicking when going down

Hi from Aus!

My left window (passenger side RHD) is starting to make some clicking noises (1 or 2 as it goes down). Doesn't make noises going up.

I found in my stash a couple of Dali Fixit Thingys that i didn't get around to installing. Will this fix the issue or is there some other problem like the regulator? Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your advice and options in advance!

Last edited:
Nada!

Clicking going down is a new one. There is a Honda TSB covering the 'pop' going up. The window regulator drive can make a repeated clicking if the teeth on the drive are slipping out of place. That is typically a fairly rapid repetitive clicking. However, again I think that only occurs on the window going up. However, its been a while since I did my Hugo install on my regulators so my memory of which way the teeth on the regulator drive pulley engage could be wrong.

I'm rebuilding my regulators now and have the Hugo Kit but can't find and Dali Fixits out there...I guess they're out of bus. If you know where I can get some, please advise. Thanks

Just to be clear, those fixits only apply if you have a 1991 - 1993 car. Honda redesigned the piece where the drive cable fits into the lift mechanism on later cars (changed from plastic to metal) eliminating the problem that the fixit piece addresses. Depending on when you got your Hugo kit, it may also come with replacement guide bushings (not sure when Hugo started doing that).

And yes, Dali ceased operation at least 2-3 years ago. If you are ever looking for some of the useful info that Dali had on their website, you can sometimes find it by using the Wayback Machine internet archive.

Back