• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lego collection

IsR

Experienced Member
Want to share couple of pictures I took at my friend's house. He's storing this all back today so I thought I get some shots. Part of his hobby collecting Legos, collecting/building car/aircrafts/carriers/tanks models etc. Some of the items he got are limited and no more in production. These are part of his many collections.

Enjoy.:smile: Looks cooler in real life.:cool:

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo13-12-35.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

uhhh ...... yeah. wth??!? did this guy actually buy all of this stuff or had he had it donated by lego? he must have at least 5 figures in lego hardware that I've seen in these pics. that's amazing!

my son wants a bunch of the little star wars lego guys for xmas and just those are several $$$ each. lucas is making a killing on those merchandising rights!!

uhhh ...... yeah. wth??!? did this guy actually buy all of this stuff or had he had it donated by lego? he must have at least 5 figures in lego hardware that I've seen in these pics. that's amazing!

my son wants a bunch of the little star wars lego guys for xmas and just those are several $$$ each. lucas is making a killing on those merchandising rights!!

A colleagues. He bought it throughout the years. Knights, horses and castles lego. Other then Lego, I believe he got 9 train sets. And rest I'm not too sure, but safe to say he spent over 100k since he started.
Star Wars Lego- they are expensive. I thought of getting for my kids. Suffice to say, I went to a different Lego till they grow up abit more.

Last edited:
OMG!!! I have found a new hobby...somehow I feel that this new hobby will be almost as pricey as my car hobby.

Awesome pictures I am completely green with lego envy

That is a proper Lego display in other words FANTASTIC :cool:

My son's big into Lego now although he doesn't have nearly that much he has been asking to make a display of them. It does look nice arranged like that, I'll have to show these pictures to him. Thanks for sharing.

My wife got me a Lego Lamborghini for Xmas. It is sweet. Over 800 peices. Took me a while to make it. Man I love Lego

Awesome awesome awesome collection... Did I mention awesome? :D

Great eye and amazing attention to detail too. I really love to see someone with passion and dedication like that to a hobby of that type (actually displaying the stuff, etc)

As for the $ involved, who cares... Its something he loves so I am sure to him it is worth every penny.

That is a proper Lego display in other words FANTASTIC :cool:

My son's big into Lego now although he doesn't have nearly that much he has been asking to make a display of them. It does look nice arranged like that, I'll have to show these pictures to him. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad I can share them and take pictures before he stores them again. He can't leave them there too long as this is part of his living room and dust collects pretty readily.

My wife got me a Lego Lamborghini for Xmas. It is sweet. Over 800 peices. Took me a while to make it. Man I love Lego

It's the creativity of the designer and the possibilities with the builder. What's not to love about Lego!

Awesome awesome awesome collection... Did I mention awesome? :D

Great eye and amazing attention to detail too. I really love to see someone with passion and dedication like that to a hobby of that type (actually displaying the stuff, etc)

As for the $ involved, who cares... Its something he loves so I am sure to him it is worth every penny.

Details... indeed! He told me Lego have tendency to have 'half building' so he have to merge some together to get a full building. Some vehicles he designed himself.
I think he just passionate about Lego and small models for a long while already. Some of his collections are limited or discontinued productions, so some do fetch pretty high resale. But he have no intentions of selling them.

The smarta$$ 1/2 of my brain says: How hot is his GF?:biggrin:

The analytical 1/2 of my brain says: Whoa that is pretty impressive. Not something I would have the patience for but impressive none the less.

Where did she get it ?
Mine bought me a F1 Ferrari a couple of years ago from the Lego store in Orlando. I forget exact number of pieces but it was about that many.

Back