• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LX 570 ?

I am planning to purchase Lexus LX570 2016. Does anyone here have one? If so, do you regret having one? Is it too expensive to maintain or just like another Toyota?

Thanks

I know you are asking for LX570 input but, I'd like to say I bought my LX470 new in 2000.
I drive it when the weather is crappy leaving my 92 NSX in the garage.
It has over 175,000 absolutely trouble free miles ( I did have to replace the ignition switch a few years ago)
That is the only trouble I've ever had in 15 yrs and that many miles!!!
The thing is just bullet proof.
I can get 4 sheets of 4x8 plywood inside the thing with the hatch closed.
I know it's expensive, but if something were to happen to mine, I'd buy another, no questions asked.
Good luck

if it just a tarted up Land Cruiser I have owned two of those since 97....great functional big ute...only real issues have been rust in NE Pa.....and that necessitated literally lifting the body off the frame to replace the rear ac piping and condenser.

I bought a new Land Cruiser a little over a year ago. Love the truck but it gets horrendous gas mileage (averaging 12-13 mpg). The new 2016 lx570 has a 8-speed so fuel economy might be a bit better.

For or a full size SUV, the storage area is a bit on the small side since the third row seats take up room when folded upright.

With that said, I don't think you can go wrong with a 200 series SUV. I plan on keeping mine for awhile since they are supposed to be very reliable.

Last edited:
I bought a new Land Cruiser a little over a year ago. Love the truck but it gets horrendous gas mileage (averaging 12-13 mpg). The new 2016 lx570 has a 8-speed so fuel economy might be a bit better.

For or a full size SUV, the storage area is a bit on the small side since the third row seats take up room when folded upright.

With that said, I don't think you can go wrong with a 200 series SUV. I plan on keeping mine for awhile since they are supposed to be very reliable.

How much did you pay it for, if you don't mind? I like new LX 570 interior design.

Last edited:
Overpriced IMO. Not that the LX570 is not good, but not pretty either. That big bonnet X thing on the new Lexus is just dopey..again IMO. Also, I considered the GH class to replace my E320 that just went out of warranty. Car is crappy compared to my Benz and priced the same. Then drove the LS460 and was less than impressed, it's old at this point and needs a redesign. The experience taken as a whole is reason for concern about the brand in general.. Conclusion.. over priced cars, not better than mercedes, not advancing - IMO. A master mechanic friend of my views Lexus as Toyotas with a few enhancements, very durable, but just upgraded Toyotas. Silver lining.. since they are very durable buy used, don't take the depreciation yourself.

Last edited:
Yup, it is a new facelift and new redesign of interior.

- - - Updated - - -

It is ridiculously overpriced . I went to local Lexus and wanted for sticker price $95K with no room to negotiate. I showed the guy the real invoice price from KBB and I walked out. He did not allow me to test drive and he tried to protect the car like protecting his mother.

Actually it looks better in person than the older version.

Benz will have headache later before 100k miles. Definitely I will not buy Benz.

Good advice, I will get a used one later.

Last edited:
I had a 2006 Lexus LX470 for a long time and it was rock solid. I put almost 200,000 miles on it and never had to do anything other than normal maintenance and replace consumables. It was absolutely the most trouble-free car I have ever owned. The only reason I didn't replace it with an LX570 is because my needs changed. I moved from the suburbs to the city and parking it in some of the tight underground garages became a hassle, so I eventually sold it to a friend. It now has over 300,000 miles with only minor repairs since I sold it.

It's a great, reliable, comfortable vehicle. On the other hand, it's a bit floaty and the power isn't that great, but that is the way it was designed. It was also unstoppable in the snow and any type of bad weather. I really enjoyed it, and I would bet that the LX570 is just more of a good thing.

I've owned two LX470's as well as an LX570. These things are tanks, and I loved all of them. Yes, they are a trumped up Land Cruiser, but the utility, reliability, and exclusivity combined are unmatched. I couldn't recommend them more. Never lost money on one either. Very high demand and resale for these vehicles.

Did you get yours a used ones or brand new ones?

Used. First a 2003, then a 2006 and finally the 2008. The 2008 was the 570 and I broke even on it only because I didn't have it very long. They aren't as sought after as the 470's. For the most part the 470's are still very high demand; especially overseas. There are a lot of them that get sold and shipped to Dubai. The 2003 sold in one day on Autotrader for full asking price in 2010. The guy wired me funds and the vehicle sat in my garage for almost a month before the shipping company picked it up. Been looking at picking up another 2006; that was my favorite year for these vehicles.

Yup, it is a new facelift and new redesign of interior.

- - - Updated - - -

It is ridiculously overpriced . I went to local Lexus and wanted for sticker price $95K with no room to negotiate. I showed the guy the real invoice price from KBB and I walked out. He did not allow me to test drive and he tried to protect the car like protecting his mother.

Actually it looks better in person than the older version.

Benz will have headache later before 100k miles. Definitely I will not buy Benz.

Good advice, I will get a used one later.

Loved your comment "protect the car like it's mother" LOL What dealer did you go to? My local Lexus dealer is the most friendly one around!

We've owned a multitude of Lexus models, some new, some pre-owned but doesn't really matter - all of them served us well and on the used ones we lost little to no money when selling them which is shocking. The one thing Lexus lacks along with many German brands is a true full size SUV. So when it came time for us to get a family SUV that can also do some hauling we looked at imports and were pretty let down.

Eventually we picked up a Denali new earlier this year and thus far loved every second of ownership. This is our first American product in many years and I believe when it comes to heavy duty full size trucks, American is the way to go.

It is ridiculously overpriced . I went to local Lexus and wanted for sticker price $95K with no room to negotiate.

$95k?? I had no idea they approached $100k. H

ere I thought GM was the king of parlor tricks by being able to <strike>trick</strike> convince <strike>suckers</strike> people to <strike>waste</strike> pay more than $50k for an <strike>overpriced truck with black paint & chrome that will be a squeak and rattle trap in 24 months</strike> Escalade.

Hat's off to Lexus for being able to put out IMHO the ugliest and most garish/tasteless grilles and silliest design cues of all time (floating roof?) and be able to upcharge for them, to boot.

No offense to anyone here who likes Lexus design; someone has to buy them so Lexus employees can feed their kids, and you should be proud of your contributions.

tedbadhat.jpg

I know I'm being an opinionated loudmouth know-it-all design nerd. Please pardon my unsolicited opinions. :)

[MENTION=25046]Yinzer[/MENTION], agree with your comments about GM. The reason I like Land Cruiser over Lexus is how sort of honest this car is. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not. Similar with Subaru actually. Also Toyota FJ/4runner comes to mind too. Just straight honest machines :)

.........agree on the cruiser...but the third row seats are a throw back to the days of carburetors...:wink:

Loved your comment "protect the car like it's mother" LOL What dealer did you go to? My local Lexus dealer is the most friendly one around!

It was Lexus of Sacramento. He kept pushing me to get an older version 2015 for $85K, which has been used or molested by "famous" golfer during US golf tournament:rolleyes:

$95k?? I had no idea they approached $100k. H

ere I thought GM was the king of parlor tricks by being able to <strike>trick</strike> convince <strike>suckers</strike> people to <strike>waste</strike> pay more than $50k for an <strike>overpriced truck with black paint & chrome that will be a squeak and rattle trap in 24 months</strike> Escalade.

Hat's off to Lexus for being able to put out IMHO the ugliest and most garish/tasteless grilles and silliest design cues of all time (floating roof?) and be able to upcharge for them, to boot.

No offense to anyone here who likes Lexus design; someone has to buy them so Lexus employees can feed their kids, and you should be proud of your contributions.

tedbadhat.jpg

I know I'm being an opinionated loudmouth know-it-all design nerd. Please pardon my unsolicited opinions. :)

Actually I was in your boat in terms of beliefs when we first started shopping, never knew an Escalade can top $100k and the Yukon Denali little brother wasn't that much less around $90k. Quality is still yet to be determined but it's hard to argue with the popularity and almost cult like following of owners who swear by them. It's by far the most popular full size SUV on the market right now. I didn't even know till I started to pay attention how many we see on the road. We barely hit 3000 miles so can't speak on quality thus far but it's been a pretty solid ride to haul 7 people and pull our 8000lb+ trailer to and from NSXPO with no complaints. No other truck on the market can pull that much weight. Closest competitor was the QX80 and it was much smaller interior.

Back