• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LFA, GTR drag race

Looks like Edmunds filmed a drag race between the LFA and GTR. Interesting.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46Tm2NYuw1Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5R-oi91bd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LFA sounds WAY cooler.

LFA is a really cool toy but I can't believe it loses to GTR.. what a disappointment.

For grins, does anyone have the 1/4 mile stats on a stock NSX?

IMO - The sound of the LFA is the best I've heard from a stock car. And, short of winning the lottery - I'll never have one :frown:.

Just a note on the videos, the Edmunds one is a test with the new 2012 GTR. The GTR now has more horse, remapped launch control, and it drops the 0-60 by 0.4+ seconds (3.0 - 3.1 depending on who is reporting). It looks like it soundly trounces the LFA in the 1/4.

LFA Nurburgring Edition anyone?
lexus-lfa-nring-geneva.jpg

lexus-lfa-n-rburgring-package-geneva-2011

Last edited:
If you did a roll-on or went past the quarter mile the LFA would win. Of course you can mod the GTR. The new GTR still only traps around 122-123.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rNT2UijpCMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For grins, does anyone have the 1/4 mile stats on a stock NSX?

IMO - The sound of the LFA is the best I've heard from a stock car. And, short of winning the lottery - I'll never have one :frown:.
If I read "correctly", one that purchases an LFA does not recieve the title from Lexus for 2 years. This is supposedly to prevent huge markup resale like Enzo buyers did.

Just a note on the videos, the Edmunds one is a test with the new 2012 GTR. The GTR now has more horse, remapped launch control, and it drops the 0-60 by 0.4+ seconds (3.0 - 3.1 depending on who is reporting). It looks like it soundly trounces the LFA in the 1/4.

LFA Nurburgring Edition anyone?
lexus-lfa-nring-geneva.jpg

lexus-lfa-n-rburgring-package-geneva-2011
I never noticed but Im not crazy about that huge hood gap. Maybe it's a VIS hood.:rolleyes:

What about the track?

Its times at the ring are pretty impressive too

Car & Driver 7/98 4.5 12.9 @ 110 MPH

This sounds a little too optimistic. When I had my '03 it had intake sccop, header and exhaust. With a duno sheet in my pocket showing 270 rwhp i did 5 passes and 4 of them were 13.1 and one was 13.0.

To me the R35 GTR is a Traffic light to traffic light supercar nothing else.

Please take a lap of a road course in a GTR; watch the composure of the car as you brake and approach a corner, watch as power is appplied coming out of it; there is nothing like it in the automotive kingdom, at least IMO.
I would gladly take you around a track here in CA if you come visit.
Cheers.

Please take a lap of a road course in a GTR; watch the composure of the car as you brake and approach a corner, watch as power is appplied coming out of it; there is nothing like it in the automotive kingdom, at least IMO.
I would gladly take you around a track here in CA if you come visit.
Cheers.

The GTR posts some amazing numbers on the track. It certainly is much much more than a car for stoplight wars.

If it decided to go on a diet to drop 400 to 500 pounds, then went for plastic surgery to get a prettier face, I would probably be all over it.

This sounds a little too optimistic. When I had my '03 it had intake sccop, header and exhaust. With a duno sheet in my pocket showing 270 rwhp i did 5 passes and 4 of them were 13.1 and one was 13.0.

I don't know... if someone ask, I use the fastest professionally quoted time. And 12.9 is it:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aOaG0Xa43PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know... if someone ask, I use the fastest professionally quoted time. And 12.9 is it:

But that won't give them an accurate description of what the car is likely to do. It might tell them what the car is capable of, but not what one should expect from it.

To me the R35 GTR is a Traffic light to traffic light supercar nothing else.

So a car that beats Lamborghinis, Ferraris, 911 Turbos, Z06s around a racetrack is good for nothing except light to light racing?

Whateeeeever you say, bud.

But that won't give them an accurate description of what the car is likely to do. It might tell them what the car is capable of, but not what one should expect from it.

Depends on if they're comparing magazine numbers to magazine numbers, or owner number to owner numbers.
Not to mention, according to the times here, 3 out of 3 stock NA2 NSXs got close to 12.9. Two hit it, one was close.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.ph...days=10000000&carmake=1&name=Search+DragTimes

Thanks for the video. I am more impressed with GTR as a marvel of Japanese Engineering. It can barrow looks from NSX.

LFA is a nice looking car and +1 on the hood gap. Intentionally done for cooling as per Jeremy.

Back