• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Life goals ?

I already know you have the car part covered, but what are some other life goals you have selected for your futures ? I want to play a Flamenco show at El Cid Restaurant in Hollywood, earn my Black Belt in Kyokushinkai ( very rare for my age bracket-it's one of the world's toughest martial arts ), and climb Kiliminjaro before the snows disappear forever. Also to have Ed do the deal when I'm ready to buy real estate in the Southbay !!!

Be a good father and husband.

Raise my kids to be good, responsible people.

A small, well built house in the woods somewhere that doesn't snow (much).
With a big ass garage and several fast and interesting cars.
If not out and out wealth, good financial security.
A job I actually like and get paid well to do.
A really lightweight custom roadbike.
Good health.
Small gun collection to keep it all safe.
And enough regular time off to enjoy it all.
And a couple of Bloodhounds, gotta' have a hound dog. :smile:

To be completely financially independent to the point when you don't have to worry [or even think] about money anymore. I'm not necessarily talking about being filthy rich, but certainly wealthy enough to let my money do the earning for me. This goal encapsulates the entire career aspect of my future, which I will not go into.

Although this may seem a bit selfish, it isn't at all. My reasoning for this is so that I can have complete freedom to enjoy life with my family and friends. I want to be able to to take my kids (when I have them in 3-5 years) anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat. I want to spend my summers on the beaches of the South Pacific and my winters in the Caribbean. I want to be home to see my children grow up. I want to spend my mornings watching the sunrise with my wife (not on a busy highway).

Lofty... I know... but a goal nonetheless. :biggrin:

Own enough investment property to support myself & wife comfortably. My wife thinks i would be a great slum-lord! I would love to drive around all day in the NSX collecting rent. :biggrin:

JOPRIMO said:
Own enough investment property to support myself & wife comfortably. My wife thinks i would be a great slum-lord! I would love to drive around all day in the NSX collecting rent. :biggrin:

I would love to drive around all day in the NSX trying to collect rent.

1)Be financially perfect.....to the same point as redshift.
2)Own a ocean front flat in Monaco.
3)Own a Radical SR8 race car.
4)Be Happy.
5)Own an NSX.

The measure of success in my life.

My greatest goal in life is to excel as a husband and a father.

When my offspring have grown and says "you're a great father. I want to raise my children the way you raised me." Then with an affirming touch and a bid of my blessings, I stand back and watch them build a family of their own. Then I know I've succeeded.

When my wife comforts me on my death bed and says "you've kept your wedding vows. You're the best husband I can have..." then I can take my last breath knowing that I've succeeded.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, else really matters to me.

I had a genie come and grant me three wishes. He said whatever I wished for my arch enemy would get two times my wish. I first wished for 500 billion dollars. I then wished for a estate in every country of the world. Then I wished to be beaten half to death!

steveny said:
I had a genie come and grant me three wishes. He said whatever I wished for my arch enemy would get two times my wish. I first wished for 500 billion dollars. I then wished for a estate in every country of the world. Then I wished to be beaten half to death!
My first wish would have been that my next 1 Billion wishes came true. :smile:

bodypainter said:
I'm good, thanks! :)
a great perspective, that's for sure... congrats to you :) i feel pretty much the same about my life.

our kids are grown (more or less) and they're good humans. my wife and i both enjoy our various interests - personal and professional - and we enjoy good health as well as the company of many warm and caring friends.

all things considered, life is good... and i wish the same for you and yours.

best,
hal

spyderplayer2002 said:
My first wish would have been that my next 1 Billion wishes came true. :smile:

Someone once said to me... If I could have the three wishes the first one would be no matter what I wanted to buy I would just reach in my pocket and pull out exact change every time.

My first goal was to make $10 a month. Next $100 per month. Next $1000 per month. Next $10,000 per month. Next $100,000 per month.

I have no clue how I am going to get to the last goal yet....

NetViper said:
My first goal was to make $10 a month. Next $100 per month. Next $1000 per month. Next $10,000 per month. Next $100,000 per month.

I have no clue how I am going to get to the last goal yet....

You could sell your house to meet the first months goal. :biggrin:

I don't set life goals. I like to be surprised at what I can do. :smile:

Well... im only 22... so

First things first, finish college... maybe go to a nice grad school for a masters in architecture or industrial design to go with my BFA.

Be a famous/groundbreaking designer. Design something that will impact the world long after i'm gone/forgotten. Architecture/logo/anything... just something

Fall in love.

I don't have to be "loaded" just have enough money that it's not a stressful situation to cover my needs/occasional wants.

... and the normal stuff everyone wants, peace, love, good friends, help people, and all that jazz

Back