• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lift Struts Trunk&Engine Cover

:smile: :smile
Seasons Greatings to NSX Owners.
Now is the time if you are wintering your NSX to rebuild your trunk&Engine lid struts.
The most common asked question how much?&how long does it take to do my service.
Depending if your struts have plier marks on the shaft most Showa units can be turned around in 2 days subject to the shafts being in good condition& the end fitting(bearing) not cracked as some are.
The cost for the set(4) is $160 Canadian if any owners where interested in doing a group buy(4 sets min) the cost can be bought to $145 Canadian.
Once you have removed your struts post or courier to me as they come direct to me but DECLARE at $1 for customs that is important as some owners have declared them at there retail value& customs charges will apply.
Just a note as some owners have fitted a larger rear spoiler& i get asked to increase the load rating& that can be done marginally but the trunk struts are purely for holding&assisting in lift not to make the trunk rise on it's own.
Too strong creates stress at mounting points.
The orignal Showa struts are very good quality& once reserviced will go for many years of service again.
I service other makes as well.
You can contact me at [email protected] for further enquiry.
Happy&Safe motoring.
Frank Irvine,
Strutwise.

Maybe we can arrange a group buy in Switzerland. Could anybody supply the OEM price for a new set.

Sorry Frank, I read wrong...I only need to repair 2 trunk struts, not all 4. How much would it be for just the 2- would it still be free return shipping? How much is shipping from San Diego (92117) to you?

:smile: Yes it would be worth your while to send from Switzerland i have sent to Belgium postage is not that expensive.
goldNSX said:
Maybe we can arrange a group buy in Switzerland. Could anybody supply the OEM price for a new set.

Bob Kenney said:
Please let me know the cost in US dollars and the best way to ship. [UPS?] I will be ready to go after Jan 1st.

Thanks

Bob

Hello Bob price per strut is $35 Canadian& we process Visa in Canadian $ as well.
Any queries just contact me at [email protected]

How much is yhe money exchange from canadian to the US dollar? How much will it be in Dollars?

I'm in for a pair of hatch struts, since I already replaced the trunk ones.

If someone else wants me to send in my old trunk struts too, so they can get their replacements faster, let me know and we can work out a deal. I will ship out this week.

-Josh

Frank did my struts. He's an honest and great guy. I have no affiliation with Strutwise except for the fact that Frank redid my engine hatch struts. Cost came out to be a little over $100 USD.

mx'n'sxy said:
I,m In For The Group Buy, Let Me Know What To Do.
All you need to do is ship them post or courier declare them at $1 for customs(that's vital) otherwise customs will add duty for sure
The adress is per the website www.strutwise.com.
What i have done in the past is send the struts back& include the invoice when i send back&payment wise 1 of 2 ways a return cheque is fine but i think most owners prefer to phone in the credit card be it Visa or Mastercard it works out marginally dearer on credit card with charges not much.
Any queries just let me know at [email protected].
Cheers,
Frank.

great guy! great repair on my nsx struts! now i need to repair my trunk struts and my nissan maxima struts

let me know how much

thanks,
Greg

Back