• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lighting Issue with 04 NSX

Having a strange problem with the lights on an 04 NSX.

When I turn the headlight switch on, the headlights come on, but none of the dash lights / side corner lights / tail lights illuminate.

However, when I lock / unlock the car, the dash lights, corner lights, tail lights all flash like they always have. So I know the bulbs are good. The dimmer also does change the brightness of the interior lights when locking / unlocking the car, so that dial is working.

I'm guessing its a relay somewhere, but I've no idea which one.

Any ideas? I can take it to the dealer if needed, just thought I'd see if it was something simple.

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas

At the 'parking light' selection on the headlight switch do any of the perimeter lights, etc come on?

None of them were turning on. But again, they'd flash if I locked/unlocked the car.

it a fuse in the front of the car. check it prob 15amp

Checked all the fuses, all were fine. Which in hindsight makes some sense if the lights still flashed when I locked/unlocked the car.

At the end of the day, with some trial and error, found a broken relay in Sub Relay Box A. Didn't have a diagram (do these exist?) but I could hear a relay clicking when I turned the switch. Pulled them one by one until I found the relay and then replaced it with another and the lights worked perfectly. Ordered a new relay from Acura so all solved.

Thanks for the help though

Back