• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lime Rock Memorial Day Weekend - Photos

A few of us took some time to catch the racing at Lime Rock yesterday and root on the Acuras in the Koni Challenge. Peter Cunningham was running one of the Davis Acuras in number 142. We also saw a Red NSX with NY tags parked in the "preferred" area - - anyone here?

Sam Schultz, the son of Bill from Trackmasters, was also running one of the BMWs and came in 5th in the number 126 - congrats Sam!

Here are some shots with a gallery link as well: http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/2907240/1/156590256

156590256-L-1.jpg

156590297-L-2.jpg

156590397-L-1.jpg

156489037-L-1.jpg

156496730-L-1.jpg

156496972-L-1.jpg

156590307-L-1.jpg

156590171-L-1.jpg

156590208-L-1.jpg

156590225-L.jpg

156590243-L.jpg

156492984-L-1.jpg

156492996-L-1.jpg

156493058-L-1.jpg

156496773-L-1.jpg

156496586-L-1.jpg

156493017-L-1.jpg

156496699-L-1.jpg

156590269-L-1.jpg

157342244-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Niice, you caught a pic of me!

I saw your car today when I was wandering around the parking lot.

As for our race, we went from 19th - 5th down quite a bit of power due to a broken header from that impact (from our codriver). and 3 people infront of us had to pit, but an oil line broke and caused us to DNF. Thankfully we're only 4pts behind in the championship (2nd).

Niice, you caught a pic of me!

I saw your car today when I was wandering around the parking lot.

As for our race, we went from 19th - 5th down quite a bit of power due to a broken header from that impact (from our codriver). and 3 people infront of us had to pit, but an oil line broke and caused us to DNF. Thankfully we're only 4pts behind in the championship (2nd).

Here are a few more shots of you. Had I known you would be there I would have made sure I got more photos. I think the first one is when your oil line broke because I seem to remember you blowing smoke around big bend.

157342217-L-1.jpg

157342261-L-1.jpg

157342279-L-1.jpg

157342289-L-1.jpg

157342271-L-1.jpg

157342203-L-1.jpg

157342299-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more shots of you. Had I known you would be there I would have made sure I got more photos. I think the first one is when your oil line broke because I seem to remember you blowing smoke around big bend.
Awesome pics! -really helps me to see what the car was doing that weekend.

Which first pic? Did you see smoke coming out of the car after/the laps after the impact, or just when the oil line let go and really blew smoke everywhere and filled the cockpit?

Cosmo needed to get out of my way! :tongue:

Which first pic? Did you see smoke coming out of the car after/the laps after the impact, or just when the oil line let go and really blew smoke everywhere and filled the cockpit?

Cosmo needed to get out of my way! :tongue:

This shot below I think is when the line went. I saw nothing prior to that to suggest there was a problem other than an apparent inability to pass Cosmo. :wink: The shots from the rear were all taken from the outfield side of the bridge during the last 30 minutes of the race.

157342217-L-1.jpg

This shot below I think is when the line went. I saw nothing prior to that to suggest there was a problem other than an apparent inability to pass Cosmo. :wink: The shots from the rear were all taken from the outfield side of the bridge during the last 30 minutes of the race.
It looks kind of brown-ish dosnt it? :confused: -More like dirt/dust cloud than the white cloud of smoke from when the oil line went.

Yea, the broken header (which everyone heard) costed me 8ish horsepower so I didnt have anything for Cosmo down the straight except low-percentage dive-bomb moves which makes it even harder since the TSX dosn't brake as well as the 330i.:tongue:

RSO did you walk through the paddock? If so you probably saw me I was working for Team sahlen. I see you got some pics of the vette!

It looks kind of brown-ish dosnt it? :confused: -More like dirt/dust cloud than the white cloud of smoke from when the oil line went.

When I first downloaded that photo I was trying to figure out where the dirt came from but nobody went off in that lap in front of you and that was your last lap from what I can tell (you are not in any other images after that lap). Maybe you blew through all the oil and ended up spitting out dust at that point. :tongue:

RSO did you walk through the paddock? If so you probably saw me I was working for Team sahlen. I see you got some pics of the vette!

I had stopped by the Sahlen area in the paddocks a few times Saturday and Monday on my way from the infield to outfield to get some shots. I will check my files at home later tonight to see if I have any more images of your team and will post them if I do find any.

Wow ! I can feel the dust flying. Must be that new point and shoot Kodak digital you just bought. You know the one with the 1.5x zoom :eek:

Oustanding as usual :cool:

Wicked pics!!

What lens, shutter speed and aperture did you use for these pics?

What lens, shutter speed and aperture did you use for these pics?

I used a Canon 5D with a full frame sensor and a Canon L Series 100-400 lens. Depending upon the time of day, I usually shoot at 1/400th with a range of F 8-11. I try to shoot between 1/400 and 1/500 in shutter priority with the aperture being dependent upon available lighting.

I dont know, but I still think the cloud behind me is dirt. Look at the pic of the SRT4 off in the dirt, the dust cloud that he kicked up from it looks the same brownish color as the one behind me :confused:

I used a Canon 5D with a full frame sensor and a Canon L Series 100-400 lens. Depending upon the time of day, I usually shoot at 1/400th with a range of F 8-11. I try to shoot between 1/400 and 1/500 in shutter priority with the aperture being dependent upon available lighting.

Thanks again for the camera lesson. Thinking of getting a 70-300 for my Nikon D50 for the ALMS Car Corral.

Thanks again for the camera lesson. Thinking of getting a 70-300 for my Nikon D50 for the ALMS Car Corral.

That lens would be a great choice for Lime Rock. Your D50 has a 1.5x factor with your sensor which would give you the equivalent of a max of 450mm. My 5D is a full frame so I get "just" the max of 400 from my lens and I crop some photos depending upon how close I can get. You will have good, and easy, vantage points from the infield hill overlooking the left hander/esses, from the fence in big bend (where the carnage occurred above), from behind where our hospitality area will be near the skid pad where you will catch the top of the uphill and along the side to get no name straight. If you go down into the Sunoco Paddock you will be able to catch the down hill but that is a tough shot at those speeds but it is challenging. If you are lucky, you can grab a few shots on the edge of the bridge above the downhill where there is a gap in the fence but you won't be able to hang around long in that spot. You can also get shots from the rear going into big bend by crossing over the bridge into the outfied and hanging out on the pedestrian walkway at the bottom of the stairs.

For the start of the race, you should position yourself against the fence on the infield hill in the left hander. You will catch the mad dash around big bend into the left hander with the good possibility of some rubbing in the heavy traffic.

Back