• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Litte bit of play at the top of the gas pedal normal?

I noticed their is a little bit of play (~1/4") at the very top of the gas pedal when you initially press it. The throttle cable engages after that point. Is this normal? I noticed the brake pedal is like this too, maybe it was designed that way so that nothing would happen if you just rest your foot on those pedals?

Last edited:
Our cars don't really have throttle cables being that they are DBW... but yes mine has the tiniest bit of play in the pedal box as well.

Thanks for confirming yours has this as well.

Yes, our cars are DBW, but they do have a physical cable connecting the gas pedal to the cruise control. I never use my cruise control though.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming yours has this as well.

Yes, our cars are DBW, but they do have a physical cable connecting the gas pedal to the cruise control. I never use my cruise control though.

^^ This is true.

I actually went under the front hood on mine years ago and adjusted the throttle cable a little tighter in the cruise control box because it bothered me.

+1 you can adjust it at the front from 1996-2005 Drive By Wire ( electric motor thottle plate ) now coupes have a 15 foot long wire LOL runs from the pedal down the center up to the glass then across to the passengerside then thru the fire wall then down the side of the upper part of the engine bay then across the top of the engine to the throttle

discontinued item so for people that want to make it tighter and it breaks your f-ed then your gonna have to fabricate one from 3-4 bicycle brake line LOL

Back