• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Little (or big) things you wish the NSX had that other cars you have owned do.

Da Hapa said:
Wish it had:
heated seats

You California folks seem to love heated seats with the top down. Being able to drive your NSX all year ain't enough. :biggrin:

djdrock said:
And if I am not mistaken, there is no illumination on the power window swithes.

The ONLY thing I hate about this car is that I can't see the window switches at nighttime.

pbassjo said:
You California folks seem to love heated seats with the top down. Being able to drive your NSX all year ain't enough. :biggrin:

tell him JOE! :tongue: After Oct 1 the NSX sleeps until the weather warms up; normally March and April's all rain anyways. Im so jealous :wink:

Great thread here djdrock!

There's so many days I go out to my car after work and roll down my windows to cool the interior down. BUT, you have to get in the screaming hot car to do it. I wish it had the auto roll down feature that my 04 accord had on the key fob.......very nice to cool the car down before entry.

That said......... knowing that I bought a 15 year old vehicle (91 in service in 90) that can still can compete with the majority of the sports cars out there is enough for me. When someone walks up and says "Is that the new C6?", it gives me the pleasure of saying, "No, but I'm glad to hear you also think GM is 15 years behind!" That's something I wouldn't change.

zahntech said:
my 92 has a mirror in the pass visor...your 95 doesn't?

The NSX-T's do not (or at least my 96 doesn't). The visors are too short to make space for the top. Small price to pay for the removable top :)

There are some good ideas here but I think of it as a sports car that is meant be without all the geegaws and such.
To me the spartan driver/car connection is broken when there are too many things to do besides just driving it.
I wish the car came with a performance build menu with items like, exhaust, headers, racing seats, harness bar, more aggressive suspension, and had a luxury build menu for folks that care about that kind of thing.
It always annoyed me that the folks in Japan could get choices and we did not. I know the reasons why it is so but I wish it had not been so. Perhaps if they make another sports car with the type of focus that the NSX gave they will. Meanwhile I get in my MDX when I want the doodads and in the NSX when I want the wheeeeeeeeeeeee whoopeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
god said let there be light!

- A tinted glass roof for the NSX coupes or see-through targa-top for the NSX-T's. Heck, make them electrochromatic... :cool:

- Electronic: trip computer, avg. speed, fuel-economy, range, outside/inside temperature, curbside weight & load, timer (0-60, 1/4mi, 0-100), lat. accel, etc...!

- Small digital display on a larger analog tachometer which gives out reading of actual point where last upshift/downshift occurred...

- More unique sounding horn...!

- Stealthy fog-lamps (not as visible as current offerings)...

- Underbody tray/diffuser in front-rear (other than Mugen = $ ! :eek: )...

- Simpler, yet higher-quality stereo (2 speakers, sub., generous amp = all good!) possibly w/ it's own memory/hard-drive to upload medio onto (perhaps even expandable?)...

- Separate climate controls/zones for driver & passenger...

- Toggle switch for various suspension settings ranging from touring to sport to track...

- Sportier steering wheel (beefier, smaller diameter, maybe different material than regular leather) along w/ stereo, climate control, nav./bluetooth control buttons on the side of it (think i-drive on the wheel)...

- GPS nav. system w/ LCD, but ergonomically situated (unlike Honda Nav. Pod)...

- Dual air-intake/airbox setup in engine bay (ala' F-cars!), it just looks beyond HOT...!

- Clear/visible engine hatch (possibly tinted if preferred)...

- Clear side-markers, euro-style...

- Single wiper-blade arm...

- Integrated/hidden LED turn-signal sights on side mirrors...

- More 'hidden' stowage space/compartments (ie. sunglasses, cel/PDA, keys, wallet, gun, iPod, money/change, etc) other than the center and dash compartments...

- Option for "chill-box" in place of center-storage compartment for beverages/etc...

- Ventilated seats w/ power lumbar-support (ie. inflatable bladder)

- Door windows w/ automatic partial "opening-closing" mechanism when opening-closing the doors for entry/exit to maintain proper seal & minimal air-disturbance at speed (ala' premium German cars)...

- Sport/racing pedals w/ deadfoot & heal-guard offered in a finish/look to compliment interior trim...

- More perforated surfaces on dash/seats/doors...

- Air-filtration system w/ various HEPA filters & even an ionizer...

- Integrated 12V power converter for electronic peripherals (ie. Laptop, portable LCD/DVD viewer, PDA charger)...

- Some adaptation of the RL's S-H drive-train (can be toggled on-off), which would be light-years ahead of the current TCS & also perhaps even help reduce many of the incidents involving the tail-spinning or kicking out...

hmmm... Alot more to come! :biggrin:

Remote Trunk Release.

I just took delivery of an '05 yesterday, and noticed they've added some nice touches, like blinking the parking lights when you use the remote and mp3 capability for the CD Changer.

However, on the remote, where the button for trunk release should be, there is a blank button. :confused: Shouldn't be that hard to add, since they already added the blinking parking lights and, it's an electrically actuated trunk release.

a governor to restrict me from driving my car at 2-3:00 in the morning. I seriously wake up at these hours with the urge to take the nsx for a drive. don't know why :biggrin: some device like this will allow me more sleep.

I would like to see the auto-tilt passenger side view mirror when you put the car in reverse to park. Seat memory would be great too.

Echoing some already mentioned, and adding a few new ones:

- Automatic Dim Rearview (I will check out the add-on thread mentioned -- thanks)
- Trunk Release on the remote, and the trunk actually opening when released rather than having to be pulled open when you are carrying something to put in it.
- Yes, decent cup holder(s)
- Good horn (I put in an Italian horn on mine because the stock one is so puny). A good loud horn is especially important in such a low car with all the SUVs out there that cannot even see us through their back window.
- Wipers that tuck away under the hood, not sit out on the windshield blocking the lower view
- Extra interior storage, such as in the doors under the armrests.
- Auto Down on both windows, and Auto Up too if possible.
- Right side mirror that tilts down when reversing to watch the curb and protect your rims from scratches.
- More passenger foot space! I don't know why the passenger has so much smaller a footwell than the driver. Fortunately, my wife is not very tall, but many of my other occasional passengers are, and have no place to put their legs.

Unlike a couple of previous posts, I would keep the electric seat adjustments. What some people may not realize is that it is not the electric adjustability that is the benefit, but that electric adjustments allow the set to be placed and angled anywhere within the continuous range. Manual adjustments require having a discreet set of specific places it can lock in, which usually means adjusting yourself a little from the perfect position rather than the seat.

Chip

pbassjo said:
There are some good ideas here but I think of it as a sports car that is meant be without all the geegaws and such.
To me the spartan driver/car connection is broken when there are too many things to do besides just driving it.
I wish the car came with a performance build menu with items like, exhaust, headers, racing seats, harness bar, more aggressive suspension, and had a luxury build menu for folks that care about that kind of thing.
It always annoyed me that the folks in Japan could get choices and we did not. I know the reasons why it is so but I wish it had not been so. Perhaps if they make another sports car with the type of focus that the NSX gave they will. Meanwhile I get in my MDX when I want the doodads and in the NSX when I want the wheeeeeeeeeeeee whoopeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you all the way, if you want all the toys and lux items, get a second car for that stuff. The NSX is and always should remain a pure sports automobile :biggrin:

Re: god said let there be light!

Osiris_x11 said:
- A tinted glass roof for the NSX coupes or see-through targa-top for the NSX-T's. Heck, make them electrochromatic... :cool:

- Electronic: trip computer, avg. speed, fuel-economy, range, outside/inside temperature, curbside weight & load, timer (0-60, 1/4mi, 0-100), lat. accel, etc...!

- Small digital display on a larger analog tachometer which gives out reading of actual point where last upshift/downshift occurred...

- More unique sounding horn...!

- Stealthy fog-lamps (not as visible as current offerings)...

- Underbody tray/diffuser in front-rear (other than Mugen = $ ! :eek: )...

- Simpler, yet higher-quality stereo (2 speakers, sub., generous amp = all good!) possibly w/ it's own memory/hard-drive to upload medio onto (perhaps even expandable?)...

- Separate climate controls/zones for driver & passenger...

- Toggle switch for various suspension settings ranging from touring to sport to track...

- Sportier steering wheel (beefier, smaller diameter, maybe different material than regular leather) along w/ stereo, climate control, nav./bluetooth control buttons on the side of it (think i-drive on the wheel)...

- GPS nav. system w/ LCD, but ergonomically situated (unlike Honda Nav. Pod)...

- Dual air-intake/airbox setup in engine bay (ala' F-cars!), it just looks beyond HOT...!

- Clear/visible engine hatch (possibly tinted if preferred)...

- Clear side-markers, euro-style...

- Single wiper-blade arm...

- Integrated/hidden LED turn-signal sights on side mirrors...

- More 'hidden' stowage space/compartments (ie. sunglasses, cel/PDA, keys, wallet, gun, iPod, money/change, etc) other than the center and dash compartments...

- Option for "chill-box" in place of center-storage compartment for beverages/etc...

- Ventilated seats w/ power lumbar-support (ie. inflatable bladder)

- Door windows w/ automatic partial "opening-closing" mechanism when opening-closing the doors for entry/exit to maintain proper seal & minimal air-disturbance at speed (ala' premium German cars)...

- Sport/racing pedals w/ deadfoot & heal-guard offered in a finish/look to compliment interior trim...

- More perforated surfaces on dash/seats/doors...

- Air-filtration system w/ various HEPA filters & even an ionizer...

- Integrated 12V power converter for electronic peripherals (ie. Laptop, portable LCD/DVD viewer, PDA charger)...

- Some adaptation of the RL's S-H drive-train (can be toggled on-off), which would be light-years ahead of the current TCS & also perhaps even help reduce many of the incidents involving the tail-spinning or kicking out...

hmmm... Alot more to come! :biggrin:

Dang dude, you're looking at a 2 ton monster here! Remember, it's about LESS weight, better peformance. Good lawd!

timothyaw said:
I'm with you all the way, if you want all the toys and lux items, get a second car for that stuff. The NSX is and always should remain a pure sports automobile :biggrin:

I always thought the great thing about the NSX was that is was a great balance between sport and luxury. I'm definately not one for a pure lux car, but a sports car with nicities appeals to me. :smile:

One more: memory for the driver's seat and mirrors. Once they are motorized anyway (see my post above for why maintaining electric seats is useful), adding the tiny amount of electronics to save and restore your settings adds trivial weight, and is very helpful for when you let someone else drive, get your car back from service, etc.

Also, an I-Drive/MMI type system....NOT!

Chip

If not too much I want to add one more:

Back massaging seat like the one in Lexus LS400.

My Audi has an awesome feature that I wish were in the NSX.

It's.. get this, a CD player that is installed RIGHT IN THE DASH!

Yes, you heard me right. In the dash. How they figured out to do this I have no idea, but they did it. Someday Honda too may figure it out.

2 NSX models may have made everyone happy.
A lightweight with crank windows, radio delite option, manual seats, etc
and a loaded model with all the doo dads a person could ever want.
They did a great job of trying to give us both IMO.
But still, not enough for some, and still too much for others! :biggrin:

Back