• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Local CL (Chicago) CL - 1991

just posted her up :(

ill post a video of the noise.. maybe i can get some insight as well from the NSX gurus

If I were you, I'd take the car to a really good NSX mechanic* to get a diagnosis, for which they might charge you an hour or two of labor. That way you'll know what your options are, and how much they will cost. Without such a diagnosis, all you can do is assume the worst, and potential buyers will steer clear.

*Ted at Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates is the best NSX mechanic in the Chicago area, by far. He's rebuilt NSX engines and transmissions. He knew right away what was wrong with mine when mine was towed there. My harmonic balancer pulley came apart, rubbed through the timing belt cover, and jumped the timing. We discussed rebuilding vs installing a used engine; I chose the latter.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, id love to get this car running properly again since its always been my dream car. But working full time and going to school full time conflicts with me taking time to work on it. Its just added stress and would prefer to just sell it as is

Ever since my ad got posted here, ive had numerous messages from everyone wanting to buy it... im available this weekend ( sat and sun ) and will sell it to the first person Who brings cash... im sorry, I cant hold on to it or take dibs..

Thanks everyone :)

I dont know what the snap ring issue sounds like but how do you know its not that? I know typically they blow before 80k miles but given you have a '91 I guess its possible. Still expensive but.....

The symptoms of a snap ring - looseness in the shift knob, primarily - have nothing to do with engine noise.

I had a lot of plans for her and was really looking forward to the summer.. but it is what it is..

Just received a deposit on it from a local member, im sure he'll make this car look 10x better than what I was envisioning. .

Hopefully ill be back soon in an NA2 :)

Back