• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Longest wearing 275-30-19

Who's got em? I dont track. My rear Hankook Ventus are to the wear bars. Any recommendations on a street tire? These are pretty much all I've ran so I have no experience with any others. I know NSX's rears wear but these really go away fast. I've had the F/R aligned to later specs for better wear. Thank you.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS treadwear rating is 540
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 treadwear rating of 340
I think your current tire treadwear rating is 280

Continental ExtremeContact DWS treadwear rating is 540
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 treadwear rating of 340
I think your current tire treadwear rating is 280

Keep in mind those numbers can't be compared against other brands, only within one brand.

So a 540 treadwear Continental could potentially equal a 280 treadwear Hankook.. It probably won't since you're comparing a all-season to a summer tire.

BTW, davidf, what front tires are you running?

Last edited:
Keep in mind those numbers can't be compared against other brands, only within one brand.

So a 540 treadwear Continental could potentially equal a 280 treadwear Hankook.. It probably won't since you're comparing a all-season to a summer tire.
Also keep in mind that there will be performance differences. Treadwear does not precisely correlate with performance. However, all-season tires have nowhere near the performance of summer tires; they design all-season tires to be used in frigid winter temperatures as well as warm summer temperatures, and on snow as well as wet and dry pavement. They're a compromise; they're not as good in moderate to warm temperatures as summer tires are, and they're not as good in winter conditions as winter tires are. But yes, they will last a lot longer; of course, you will probably get rid of them before wearing them out, because they don't grip anywhere near as well as your current Hankook Ventus tires.

Which model of Hankook Ventus are you using now, and how many miles have you put on them?

David- setting the rear toe to zero will fix your problems. Cut the camber in half too and you'll be golden.

Back