• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look what I found in my quest for an NSX!!

As many of you guys know I am looking for me an NSX. I sent out feelers all over the US to find me one. I get at least 3-4 emails or phone calls a day and I got this in an email today. Thought it was pretty funny!!

Damon,

I just ran across a really neat car that may meat what you are looking for:

It is a 1991 Acura NSX 5-spd. It is WHITE/ with Tan interior. You may
recall that White was not offered in 1991 as an option, but the original
owner had the car professionally painted to his color choice to the tune of
about $6000.00. The original owner of the car is Robbie VanWinkle, formerly
known as Vanilla Ice. The title is still in his name. The car has 26K
miles on it and has all the original keys, books, and records. The car has
been inspected and has been represented as an extrememly nice car with an
interesting ownership history.

The car can be yours in the low $30K range ($32-33).

Let me know your thoughts,

Jonathan Peck
Finance Manager
Exotic Car World

ice, ice, baby

It seems to me that it would cost a bit more than $6000 to properly paint an NSX. Also, why was the interior switched to tan. Sounds dodgy to me.

then again, it might "meat" what you are looking for . . .

biggrin.gif
Ice, Ice, Baby....

As much as I love NSX's, I dont think Id *want* to own one that was previously owned by Vanilla Ice!
tongue.gif

Now if it was a "5.0" Mustang, that might be a different story!
biggrin.gif

Nice try , it didn't work. I would be the last one to buy and Ice .. . . fill in ...... anything. I'm sure you'll find someone (not here) that will pay top dollar for that car - good luck.

DamonBoost,

I don't know if you are seriously interested in this car or not, but in case you are, it would be a good idea to have someone check it out in person.

If this is the Exotic Car World in the DFW area, erobbins on this board lives around there and perhaps you might contact him. His e-mail is [email protected].

If you're not serious about it, forgive me for raising the possibility.

Keep in mind that there are NSX folks in most big cities who would be willing to check out a car for you...

Originally posted by 1HOT NSX:
Nice try , it didn't work. I would be the last one to buy and Ice .. . . fill in ...... anything. I'm sure you'll find someone (not here) that will pay top dollar for that car - good luck.

Did you think I was trying to sell the car?
I was just posting it cause one of the people looking found the car for me. I am not going to buy it. Just thought it was rather funny.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
DamonBoost,

I don't know if you are seriously interested in this car or not, but in case you are, it would be a good idea to have someone check it out in person.

If this is the Exotic Car World in the DFW area, erobbins on this board lives around there and perhaps you might contact him. His e-mail is [email protected].

If you're not serious about it, forgive me for raising the possibility.

Keep in mind that there are NSX folks in most big cities who would be willing to check out a car for you...

Yes that is the plan if I choose one out of state which is most likely. I am going to hope that I can find a NSX owner in the area to check it out for me. I wasnt serious about this one. Just thougt it was funny.

cue music:

"bum bum bum ba ba bum bum..."

"Yo STOP. Collaborate and listen..."

sigh, the good 'ole days. Back to work.

Originally posted by khiroshima:
$6k is WAAA-Y too low for a good repaint, unless they didn't paint the door jams, the engine bay, under the hood . . . oh wait, that IS a bad job! JMO Kevin

I know someone who paints cars and charges around 6K depending on the cost of paint. His jobs are awesome, and I have seen a lot of high dollar paint jobs. He painted the front of a Testarossa and you couldn't tell where he blended it in at all. I would think that someone who is good could paint a NSX that is in good condition for 6K with no problems. Most cars I have seen where you hear huge numbers for paint jobs need body work or they want 15 coats of paint, or a unique color that costs a fortune.

Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't want a car that was repainted unless the selling price was significantly reduced. I am also not saying that you wouldn't be able to detect that the car was painted under close inspection. I am simply stating that some people can provide a great paint job for 6K.

Originally posted by Joel:
cue music:

Word To Your Motha

i wonder if vanilla ice got NSX shaved out on the back of his head when he bought that car .... i remember he used to have 5.0 shaved in the back of his hair.

NONONONONO That's the beat to David Bowie's Under Pressure...Ice, Ice Baby goes:

"bum bum bum da da bum bum..."
"bum bum bum da da bum bum..."

Gosh couldn't you hear the difference?

Originally posted by Joel:
cue music:

Originally posted by Carguy!:
I know someone who paints cars and charges around 6K depending on the cost of paint. His jobs are awesome...

I'd be interested in his number or email address.

I agree with you except that in this case it was a color change, so as someone else said, the price goes way up if you tear it apart to do all the painted areas.

Back