• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking at buying 2000 NSX JH4NA2167YT000023...

This is a very rare car. If it is clean and checks out, the price is really good. Better get it while it lasts.

Is it just me, or is the rear cylinder bank's valve cover painted gloss red? Meanwhile, the front is the usual wrinkle red. (At least in the old Prime F/S ad.)

Last edited:
With the uptick in market pricing, the value on this car is getting a bit better but I would still want to
(1) get a really good idea of what is going on with the car by having it looked at by an experienced tech and running it up above highway speed to look for shakes, etc. In other words, a good PPI and a stress test.
(2) get the price closer to the $45-50k range.

Wow before I finished reading the other posts I thought this car was the deal of the century. Now....not so much.

If it were in fact salvaged due to theft, the price is way too high. My 91 was a theft recovery. Paid 16k for it. But it was in pretty rough shape. Arizona and California seem to be the only states that force the car to be on a salvaged title after theft recovery. So basically, if I moved to another state, I could probably very easily get it rebranded with a clean title. So, in a nutshell if it is in fact salvaged, WALK... Plenty of clean history cars out there. Just because it is white doesn't make it a deal...
Correction.... Just pulled this off an insurance website. My vehicle was stolen from Arizona and recovered in Chicago.

According to Carfax, a company that sells vehicle history reports, the following states issue a salvage title after a car has been stolen: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma and Oregon

Last edited:
Anyone on here get it? What did you find out with the PPI? I was just about to schedule a PPI and it sold yesterday.

Is it just me, or is the rear cylinder bank's valve cover painted gloss red? Meanwhile, the front is the usual wrinkle red. (At least in the old Prime F/S ad.)

yep, definitely painted

Back