• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking at buying NSX. Need your opinion

It's on Autotrader.com and cars.com. I went to look at it and looks great. The car has all its paperwork from a new trannie (has acura warranty till August) and new timing belt, pump, etc... I test drove it and runs great. It has 18" Enkei's and is totally stock otherwise. The milage is a little high but I offered $35000 and can get it for that... Should I bite or hold off? Here is the link. It's at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC....

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...advanced=n&start_year=1981&color=&cardist=247

rogers said:
Not to sound silly but do you really want a automatic nsx?

Why should it matter? If he wants to get one don't rain on his parade. You never know why someone wants something, maybe he has a physical disability which limits him to driving an automatic. I have a patient who has owned 26 Corvettes, all automatic. Why? He is paralyzed yet he still wants to own and drive a sports car. :smile:

rogers said:

I've wanted an NSX for about 1 year now... I'm not buying it for speed. They are not fast (stock) and I am not going to modify it to gain 12 horsepower. I have a 1985 Capri that I drag race. It run's 11.20's at the strip and that is fast. I have pics if you want to see it. Since 1993 it's been my baby in the garage...

Yes, manual trans would be more fun but this will suffice....

I would never rain on anyone's parade. I just remember how excite I was when I purchase my nsx. I just feel in the end a person would prefer a manual. No rain

Sooo, back to my first question. I have the opportunity to purcahse TODAY for $35000 and have it shipped 300 miles for $225. Should I buy it?

Thanks for all the quick replys already. Do you not have a life people? :)

kickascii said:
I've wanted an NSX for about 1 year now... I'm not buying it for speed. They are not fast (stock) and I am not going to modify it to gain 12 horsepower. I have a 1985 Capri that I drag race. It run's 11.20's at the strip and that is fast. I have pics if you want to see it. Since 1993 it's been my baby in the garage...

Yes, manual trans would be more fun but this will suffice....

cool

There are about 2 NSX's within an hour that I have seen in the past year... That is one reason I'm getting one. I like being unique...

I've been trying to get a link but it won't work. Here is the site that have pics of my capri:

www.printroom.com

-click "find pictures"
-search for userID "kickascii"
-Album is "the cars"

Last edited:
rogers said:
DocL said:
Why should it matter? If he wants to get one don't rain on his parade. You never know why someone wants something, maybe he has a physical disability which limits him to driving an automatic. I have a patient who has owned 26 Corvettes, all automatic. Why? He is paralyzed yet he still wants to own and drive a sports car. :smile:
I think rogers's question was a good one. The advice often given here, which I agree with, is: If you prefer an automatic NSX, then by all means get one, but if you would really prefer a manual NSX, then don't settle for an automatic because you found one at a good price (or any other reason). I think it's good to ask kickascii which category he falls into, IOW verifying that he is buying the automatic because he prefers one.

Doc, based on your reply, apparently you inferred some disrespect towards the automatic in rogers's post; I did not interpret it in that way.

I think you said you already ran the carfax.. well if not, i did.

pm me with your email information if you want it sent to you.
x

nsxtasy said:
...Doc, based on your reply, apparently you inferred some disrespect towards the automatic in rogers's post; I did not interpret it in that way.

I guess you may be right Ken. But therein lies the problem with reading something as comparred to hearing it in person. If the question was worded differently, such as "An automatic NSX has some disadvantages over a manual, are you sure that's what you want?" I probably would have not posted a reply.

I don't make assumptions anymore, especially online.

BTW: I didn't take any offense to anything anyone or anywho said.. No problem people...

But, looking at the car link I posted on the first post, assuming I cannot find any problems, should I buy it? I have until tomorrow. $35k good for it?

Thanks again.

kickascii said:
But, looking at the car link I posted on the first post, assuming I cannot find any problems, should I buy it? I have until tomorrow. $35k good for it?
If this is the car you want, then yes, you should buy it at that price.

Why would you only have until tomorrow to decide? Unless you have a deposit on it and there is another buyer waiting, I'm sure they will sell it to you in a few days at the same price.

Doug said:
Why would you only have until tomorrow to decide? Unless you have a deposit on it and there is another buyer waiting, I'm sure they will sell it to you in a few days at the same price.

There IS another buyer. I drove 4.5 hours to see it and they were there when I arrived. They offered the dealer $37500 and he told me unless I didn't buy it, it's sold...

2 points:
1 - I have trouble believing that the dealership is turning down MORE money from a party who has committed just to offer you the the chance to buy it for less. Sounds like a high pressure tactic to me.
2- Buy the NSX that YOU want. If you want an auto, get it. If you want a stick, get it. Shop around until you find the one you want. You won't be happy settling for something you didn't really want unless you are planning on being a short term owner anyways.

Back